Old 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #61
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao invites Marquez to go 'toe-to-toe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
Pacquiao says Marquez can "prove something" by abandoning his counter-punching style and standing, "toe-to-toe," against him tomorrow night.

"I think that the things that we can change is that if he'll fight toe-to-toe, and exchanging punches. I think that he needs to do that because he's been claiming that he won the fight, and you're claiming that you won the fight, and you just back off, back off. It's not good for the people claiming that, 'Yeah, I won the fight, but in the fight, I'm always backing off, backing off, waiting for the punches of my opponent,'" said Pacquiao.
This is a very ignorant comment can you provide the source. Marquez fought very intelligent and maintained a proper distance. He would faint, make Pac react, and counter him, not at all running just maintaining proper distance. If Pac did say this, it's just a mental tactic to try to get Marquez out of his game plan.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #62
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
Pacquiao says Marquez can "prove something" by abandoning his counter-punching style and standing, "toe-to-toe," against him tomorrow night.

"I think that the things that we can change is that if he'll fight toe-to-toe, and exchanging punches. I think that he needs to do that because he's been claiming that he won the fight, and you're claiming that you won the fight, and you just back off, back off. It's not good for the people claiming that, 'Yeah, I won the fight, but in the fight, I'm always backing off, backing off, waiting for the punches of my opponent,'" said Pacquiao.
Prove what he's a dumbass for fighting his fight? Why in the hell would JMM need to do that? That's what's gotten JMM into trouble in earlier fights by engaging Pac instead of boxing, of course Pac wants him to do that. JMM needs to do exactly what he's been doing using educated footwork boxing and countering no need for going toe to toe that's for suckers. He will prove plenty by boxing Pac's socks off and giving him a lesson in the sweet science.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #63
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

Hahahahahaha Manny sounds like one of those mings who play Fight Night Champion and send me messages saying "Waahhhh all you do is run!!!" Hahahahaha it's called Boxing son, why the **** would I trade and come forward with someone with that kind of speed and power.
Chappy112 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #64
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

JMM will just run away like the last 3 fights and he will lose yet again.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #65
Pericles
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
But if the aggressor is getting the shit countered out of him and missing his shots he shouldn't be giving credit for just coming forward.
Too true.
Pericles is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #66
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Marquez is one of the smartest fighters around. He's not going to do something silly like that.
Outboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #67
casian72
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Manny wants Jmm to change his style to better suit his. What a ridiculous request. If Manny desires to win in an impressive fashion he needs to press the action more and not become gun shy when Jmm counters him to the face.
casian72 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #68
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by casian72 View Post
Manny wants Jmm to change his style to better suit his. What a ridiculous request. If Manny desires to win in an impressive fashion he needs to press the action more and not become gun shy when Jmm counters him to the face.
When he's countered he's pretty much positioned to not be able to fire back immediately otherwise he will be off-balance. It's all about positioning in this sport and skilled fighters can manipulate opponents into bad positions to land their own at will.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #69
southsidegym
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I hope he didn't say that for real because it would just be admitting that he has no answer for people who box him and Freddy Roach is not teaching him how to properly fight a boxer, that is the oldest saying next to "styles make fight" "you fight a boxer and box a fighter" he should be telling freddy roach to teach him how to cut the ring off and trap a fighter, Manny has an extreme advantage in foot speed, and athleticism, him trapping Marquez based on them 2 traits alone should be easy
southsidegym is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #70
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloMirani View Post
He didn't run but he didn't lead. Know the difference. Hence Pacquiao's sentiment. Don't claim you beat someone when your first concern is defense. Itsa a matter of principle really....and I can emphasize with what Pac said. Yeah sure there's a science behind boxing, but at the end of the day I would rather have the guy who took more risks win the fight.

Don't claim you beat someone just because you are the "aggressor" when all that aggression was getting used against you. There is a difference between effective aggression and ineffective aggression. There are techniques to force defensive minded fighter to engage in a more aggressive fight, but one has to have the ring IQ to do so.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #71
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

lol facepalm
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #72
southsidegym
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Its kind of sad with all that speed, explosiveness and quote unquote "great footwork" he cant stop a slow, flat footed fighter from out maneuvering him, Marquez back never touches a rope when they fight how is that possible if Manny's footwork is so outstanding
southsidegym is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #73
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidegym View Post
Its kind of sad with all that speed, explosiveness and quote unquote "great footwork" he cant stop a slow, flat footed fighter from out maneuvering him, Marquez back never touches a rope when they fight how is that possible if Manny's footwork is so outstanding
Bc his footwork is not great. People confuse his foot speed with foot work and he lacks great footwork.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #74
PaoloMirani
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
Don't claim you beat someone just because you are the "aggressor" when all that aggression was getting used against you. There is a difference between effective aggression and ineffective aggression. There are techniques to force defensive minded fighter to engage in a more aggressive fight, but one has to have the ring IQ to do so.
Again itsa matter of principle. I have feeling that Pac is from the "muy macho" school of fighting. He's more instinctive. In the wild, animals literally butt heads to achieve alpha male status. This is Pacquiao's mentality and why his style is more appealing. Jmms style gives him the best chance of winning but imo Pac is saying why not put it all in the line and go balls out if you really wanna prove who the top dog is. Obviously this works in favor for Pac....coz Jmm might be the better boxer but Pacquiao is the far greater fighter.
PaoloMirani is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #75
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
Except for that time Morales beat the **** out of him.

I won't even mention the 2 knockouts.

Just sayin'.

That 2 Knockouts was before he hit the Main stream, Since hooking up with Roach, Pac's chin is solid.
Florez is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum