Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #76
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao invites Marquez to go 'toe-to-toe'

In other words Please stand right in front of me & make it easy for me to hit you like Walking punching bag margacheato,clottey,mosely haha .The guy is 40 yrs old,clean & putting a clinic on over-hyped pac each time more convincing damn gotta love it..............Pactards to the rescue .
Box702 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #77
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloMirani View Post
Again itsa matter of principle. I have feeling that Pac is from the "muy macho" school of fighting. He's more instinctive. In the wild, animals literally butt heads to achieve alpha male status. This is Pacquiao's mentality and why his style is more appealing. Jmms style gives him the best chance of winning but imo Pac is saying why not put it all in the line and go balls out if you really wanna prove who the top dog is. Obviously this works in favor for Pac....coz Jmm might be the better boxer but Pacquiao is the far greater fighter.
Yes Pac is a natural fighter and has that fighters instinct. But Marquez is very schooled and educated in the sweet science, he is disciplined, and uses intelligence to dominate wild beasts. This is not about proving who is better at going balls to the wall, it's a sport where the better fighter is the more complete fighter and that includes ring IQ. Like I said there are ways to dominate a defensive minded fighter but you need ring IQ to do so.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #78
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Yeah right, like Marquez will do that.

The only time Marquez got too confident ended up with his back on the floor. (2nd fight)

We'll just see a repeat of all the first three.

I think I get where Pacquiao is coming from, it was him who initiated the action for most of the 36 rounds. And the first two was close but has no issue going Pacquiao's way while Marquez who talked too much about being the winner. So Pacquiao wants Marquez to try and win it the most unquestionable way possible.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #79
PaoloMirani
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
Yes Pac is a natural fighter and has that fighters instinct. But Marquez is very schooled and educated in the sweet science, he is disciplined, and uses intelligence to dominate wild beasts. This is not about proving who is better at going balls to the wall, it's a sport where the better fighter is the more complete fighter and that includes ring IQ. Like I said there are ways to dominate a defensive minded fighter but you need ring IQ to do so.
Yes I see where u at....it's a given. There's different ways to win.....but do you see where Pac is coming from? What 36 rounds of back and forth figetting shows is that being smart and tactical gives Jmm the best chance. However its not decisive. Yet Jmm keeps barking he won all three fights. All Pac is saying, theres one way to make it decisive....man up and just brawl.
PaoloMirani is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #80
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Manny says this and then will outbox him and use his jab.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #81
ryan_c
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post

Pac dont like JMM playing the counterpuncher, fine, dont throw punches.
Actually Pacquiao told before, he could do that and just wait for JMM, but it will bore people(make them sleep)..Actually in the first round of their 3rd fight, he did this a bit, and you see how boring the fight is..
ryan_c is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #82
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2225

Reminds me of this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2u1GKJ3csE[/ame]

"No. Come at me like this!"
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #83
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yes I see where u at....it's a given. There's different ways to win.....but do you see where Pac is coming from? What 36 rounds of back and forth figetting shows is that being smart and tactical gives Jmm the best chance. However its not decisive. Yet Jmm keeps barking he won all three fights. All Pac is saying, theres one way to make it decisive....man up and just brawl.
...and abondon ring generalship and IQ? This is not a street fight my friend, this is where we disagree, I thought being tactical and outsmarting Pac was decisive enough, close but decisive.

We know that "movement" gives Pac problems, that's why he has always been matched with more of the forward fighting fighters. Marquez should not need to throw out his IQ, but instead Roach needs to implement a better game plan and Pac needs to execute it.

Movement and ring IQ has always been part of the sport, I understand some people don't appreciate it as much as others. Look Pac already has many advantages going into this fight: youth, speed, the higher weight. But now he wants Marquez to basically just stand and trade as well.

Marquez only answer to Pac's advantages is his intelligence! He's 39! Come on Paolo you gotta understand that my friend.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #84
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidegym View Post
Its kind of sad with all that speed, explosiveness and quote unquote "great footwork" he cant stop a slow, flat footed fighter from out maneuvering him, Marquez back never touches a rope when they fight how is that possible if Manny's footwork is so outstanding
****ing ridiculous isn't it? The guy can't cut off a ring to save his life.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #85
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
Bc his footwork is not great. People confuse his foot speed with foot work and he lacks great footwork.
True that and a high ring IQ.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #86
PaoloMirani
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
...and abondon ring generalship and IQ? This is not a street fight my friend, this is where we disagree, I thought being tactical and outsmarting Pac was decisive enough, close but decisive.

We know that "movement" gives Pac problems, that's why he has always been matched with more of the forward fighting fighters. Marquez should not need to throw out his IQ, but instead Roach needs to implement a better game plan and Pac needs to execute it.

Movement and ring IQ has always been part of the sport, I understand some people don't appreciate it as much as others. Look Pac already has many advantages going into this fight: youth, speed, the higher weight. But now he wants Marquez to basically just stand and trade as well.

Marquez only answer to Pac's advantages is his intelligence! He's 39! Come on Paolo you gotta understand that my friend.
close is not decisive and it sure as hell shouldn't give u free license to bark you won all three fights. This isn't a question of what gives Jmm the best chance to win, rather just a way to understand as to why Pacquiao would say something like this. We all know the best way Jmm could win, fighting the same way.....but to say it would be decisive is A joke if their prior history is of any indication. Hate to sound like a broken record but all he really means is, and I'm guessing because he finds jmms whining annoying, .....is shit, come knock me out if you really wanna beat me, don't leave it to the judges. Coz if he does then he has no right to bitch if he doesn't get the decision.
PaoloMirani is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #87
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
close is not decisive and it sure as hell shouldn't give u free license to bark you won all three fights. This isn't a question of what gives Jmm the best chance to win, rather just a way to understand as to why Pacquiao would say something like this. We all know the best way Jmm could win, fighting the same way.....but to say it would be decisive is A joke if their prior history is of any indication. Hate to sound like a broken record but all he really means is, and I'm guessing because he finds jmms whining annoying, .....is shit, come knock me out if you really wanna beat me, don't leave it to the judges. Coz if he does then he has no right to bitch if he doesn't get the decision.
You are right close is not decisive. I'm sorry

Yes I understand why Pac would make this comment, He's of the frame of mind that going toe to toe is the more honorable way of fighting or is the better way to end the fued.

I see where you are coming from in terms of Pac getting annoyed with JMM comments and therefore tells him to come prove him self. I can dig it.

But check it, Pac should of knock out JMM in the last fight regardless of the defensive style of JMM simply because of his advantages. So if PAc is so annoyed with the old man, then he needs to cut the ring off and end it, the way he should of done it in the last fight.

I expect for JMM age to catch up with him in the mid rounds and get finished off. Marquez proved me wrong last fight and just might do it again. But he needs to stick to his fighting style otherwise he has nothing to overcome Pac's advantages and will get TKO'd early.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #88
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #89
Jorrvaskr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Marquez shouldn't need to go toe to toe, Manny should have already learned by now how to cut off the ring. It amazes me how somehow that uses so much footwork still hasn't learned how to cut the ring off and still falls into Marquez's pattern after 3 fights. If this goes the full 12 again than Manny should really consider hanging them up.

He does have a point though about Marquez crying that he won yet never pushing for a KD in 36 rounds.
Jorrvaskr is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #90
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Go toe-to-toe and you will ride bicycle your back.
PIPO23 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum