Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Wink Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Is it not enough that he always gets the dice loaded in his favor in the US? Hard-hitting A. Abraham, hard-hitting C. Froch, and now likely hard-hitting K. Pavlik have all had to wait until he was good and ready to fight. Is Ward trying to make sure his opponents are overtrained and/or rusty in the ring? Does he believe he's the only one who should be allowed a proper length training camp? I am truly shocked and disgusted by these tactics and cannot believe so many boxing fans buy into these mysterious "injury" excuses.

In addition to the three cases above, let's not forget that he forced S. Bika to fight him on short notice as well, thereby coming up with a new way to gain ad advantage with the calendar. Unfortunately for him, he still couldn't measure up to Calzaghe's dominance against this similar opponent.

Of course, the fight with drained overrated American C. Dawson took place right on time because Ward had already gained a big enough advantage on the scales to make his temporal gaming superfluous.
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 32,064
vCash: 372
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

All big meaningful fights take place in America, get over it. There's a reason Calzaghe came and went and no one gave a shit.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis, TN.
Posts: 13,846
vCash: 160
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Is it not enough that he always gets the dice loaded in his favor in the US? Hard-hitting A. Abraham, hard-hitting C. Froch, and now likely hard-hitting K. Pavlik have all had to wait until he was good and ready to fight. Is Ward trying to make sure his opponents are overtrained and/or rusty in the ring? Does he believe he's the only one who should be allowed a proper length training camp? I am truly shocked and disgusted by these tactics and cannot believe so many boxing fans buy into these mysterious "injury" excuses.

In addition to the three cases above, let's not forget that he forced S. Bika to fight him on short notice as well, thereby coming up with a new way to gain ad advantage with the calendar. Unfortunately for him, he still couldn't measure up to Calzaghe's dominance against this similar opponent.

Of course, the fight with drained overrated American C. Dawson took place right on time because Ward had already gained a big enough advantage on the scales to make his temporal gaming superfluous.
Haters have gone to new lenghts I see...Make shit up and pass it on as actual fact!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Big Left
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

ask V.Conte.
Big Left is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Haters have gone to new lenghts I see...Make shit up and pass it on as actual fact!
Oh, so Ward fought against "King" Arthur Abraham, Carl "The Cobra" Froch, and Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik right on time?
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

You're an idiot if you think Pavlik is one of Ward's toughest opponents.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis, TN.
Posts: 13,846
vCash: 160
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Oh, so Ward fought against "King" Arthur Abraham, Carl "The Cobra" Froch, and Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik right on time?
Does it ****ing matter?? He still fought them so whats your point???..Injuries happen wether you want to accept it or not.

Its really funny listening to you haters constantly make shit up and trying to pass them off as actual facts...I would love for you to provide some solid proof instead of your hurt feeling!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,903
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left View Post
ask V.Conte.






The same reason why Berto was having so called pre fight injuries, and using month old earthquake to duck fights
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
You're an idiot if you think Pavlik is one of Ward's toughest opponents.
Yes, I'm sure he'll be a cakewalk compared to that peak and prepared opponent Ward fought in his last fight
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis, TN.
Posts: 13,846
vCash: 160
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Ward has these bitchass dudes mad!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Does it ****ing matter?? He still fought them so whats your point???..Injuries happen wether you want to accept it or not.

Its really funny listening to you haters constantly make shit up and trying to pass them off as actual facts...I would love for you to provide some solid proof instead of your hurt feeling!
So far as I can see, the only factual inaccuracy posted here so far was from you when you accused me of making stuff up.

And I love this idea that "he eventually fought them." I sure hope you never bashed Calzaghe for not fighting Hopkins earlier, because that's the same exact principle you're applying here. Of course Calzaghe actually wanted to fight Hopkins, whereas diva Ward is the one making people wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Ward has these bitchass dudes mad!
Just as you're the one posting factual inaccuracies, it appears you're the one who's also mad seeing as how this is your third post in the thread and also the third one featuring an obscenity.
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
dbouziane
.............
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,422
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

chad dawson called out ward and said he'd go to his weight and the negotiations went smoothly. period.

ward claims to have a hurt shoulder. i'll take him at his word. considering kelly has pulled out more than a porn star over the past few years it be what it be.
dbouziane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left View Post
ask V.Conte.
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouziane View Post
chad dawson called out ward and said he'd go to his weight and the negotiations went smoothly. period.
Yes, Ward smoothly rejected Dawson's subsequent request that the fight take place at a more reasonable weight fair to them both. Then Miranda smoothly knocked out Dawson. Then Ward smoothly clowned him.

Quote:
ward claims to have a hurt shoulder. i'll take him at his word. considering kelly has pulled out more than a porn star over the past few years it be what it be.
Pull-outs/delays in the last 2 years
Andre Ward- 3
Kelly Pavlik- 1
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis, TN.
Posts: 13,846
vCash: 160
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
So far as I can see, the only factual inaccuracy posted here so far was from you when you accused me of making stuff up.

And I love this idea that "he eventually fought them." I sure hope you never bashed Calzaghe for not fighting Hopkins earlier, because that's the same exact principle you're applying here. Of course Calzaghe actually wanted to fight Hopkins, whereas diva Ward is the one making people wait.

Just as you're the one posting factual inaccuracies, it appears you're the one who's also mad seeing as how this is your third post in the thread and also the third one featuring obscenities.
Are you serious with this non-sense!? You act is if you know for a certain fact that Ward is " faking injuries" to get some type of edge...You're accusing him of that but dont have a lick of proof other than your bias opinion in which you're trying your hardest to pass off as fact.

Yet, I'm the one with the inaccuracies??
Rudyard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013