Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #31
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Of course he ducked Steve Collins - Steve Collins went over to Pensacola to call Roy out after his fight with Richard Frazier, and Roy did his best to ignore him.

Just like you ducked my response to you on that thread
Steve Collins, coming off his victory over Eubank, was offered a career high payday that he openly turned down. HBO pretty much confirmed this during the in-ring interview before the Bryant Brannon fight. Obviously, you have no clue about this till I mentioned it to you. Did Collins miss that interview and only appeared in full force when Jones Jr. moved up in weight? Didn't Benn openly admit he ducked a prime Jones Jr.?

By the way, when facing a ****roach, there's nothing to duck.
Scar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #32
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Andre Ward always delaying fights against his toughest opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
So you are saying that Ward didn't care about his broken hand because he knew Froch overtrained? LMFAO

Oh and there was several pics on Ward's Twitter.

Log off and go to sleep. It will do you good.
Oh whoa, he posted some vague photos on Twitter. Must be a fact then. Don't forget the initial story too was he broke it in the sixth, rather than in sparring, but I guess that wouldn't make him sound like quite as big a warrior.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Is it not enough that he always gets the dice loaded in his favor in the US? Hard-hitting A. Abraham, hard-hitting C. Froch, and now likely hard-hitting K. Pavlik have all had to wait until he was good and ready to fight. Is Ward trying to make sure his opponents are overtrained and/or rusty in the ring? Does he believe he's the only one who should be allowed a proper length training camp? I am truly shocked and disgusted by these tactics and cannot believe so many boxing fans buy into these mysterious "injury" excuses.

In addition to the three cases above, let's not forget that he forced S. Bika to fight him on short notice as well, thereby coming up with a new way to gain ad advantage with the calendar. Unfortunately for him, he still couldn't measure up to Calzaghe's dominance against this similar opponent.

Of course, the fight with drained overrated American C. Dawson took place right on time because Ward had already gained a big enough advantage on the scales to make his temporal gaming superfluous.
That's quite the chip on your shoulder you have there. He provided evidence of his last injury.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #34
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Oh whoa, he posted some vague photos on Twitter. Must be a fact then. Don't forget the initial story too was he broke it in the sixth, rather than in sparring, but I guess that wouldn't make him sound like quite as big a warrior.
Listen. I am one of Ward's 'haters'. I normally endorse threads that are critical towards him, but this is silly.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #35
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Steve Collins, coming off his victory over Eubank, was offered a career high payday that he openly turned down. HBO pretty much confirmed this during the in-ring interview before the Bryant Brannon fight. Obviously, you have no clue about this till I mentioned it to you.

I've seen Larry Merchant mention it, and it's complete bullshit. What source does he have to back it up? nothing. Jones messed Collins around and wanted nothing to do with him. Jones priced himself out by asking for

Seeing how you're clearly another one with learning difficulties, I'll spell it out;

"The Irishman's promoter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has made a pounds 2million-plus offer for a unification contest between [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] super-middleweight champion Collins and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] king Jones.

Collins, 32, said: "We have made offers, good offers, to Jones's people. But never throughout his boxing career has Jones requested a fight with me. He knows I'm there, he knows I've beaten two guys he wanted to fight. I think he's a clever fighter and he knows that I have the capability of beating him.

"If they offered me Jones tomorrow, I'd take it. He is filling a void in America. There are no more Thomas Hearns', no more Marvin Haglers and no more [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]."

"I'd love to fight the guy. We've made them offers. Frank ****** has offered them good money, and even given them the choice of venue.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

------------------
"Celtic Warrior Collins says Jones will not respond to fight offers from his promoter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], despite the fact that the fight would gross far more cash than the double [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from Florida has ever earned.

Angry Collins said: "I cannot believe what Roy Jones is playing at. He says he wants to fight the best and yet he won't fight me. I have tried countless times to get him into the ring and he is chickening out.

"Whether it is Jones himself or his management playing these games I [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but I'm fed up with everyone saying he's the best pound for pounder in the world when he won't even fight me. I beat Eubank, who beat Benn who beat McClelland, so surely I'm the best there is. The Yanks are believing Jones' own hype."

Jones says;

"If Collins wants to fight me, then fine. But he has to get in the queue.

"I know my managers offered him around $2million last November and Collins refused, saying it was too little money. That shows he's not telling the whole story.

Collins scoffed at Jones' claims and said promoter ****** had not even received a reply from Jones' management after a multi-million pound offer was tabled last week."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

--------------

Collins camp makes Jones camp genuine offers, Jones camp just blatantly lie and bullshit

Quote:
Didn't Benn openly admit he ducked a prime Jones Jr.?

Proof? Or are you making this up as well?

Quote:
By the way, when facing a ****roach, there's nothing to duck.

So you've just confirmed you ducked my post
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #36
Xerant
Gotta Hate negociations!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
You're an idiot if you think Pavlik is one of Ward's toughest opponents.
Yep beyond words
Xerant is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #37
T.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Think a fighter can't get injured while training?

So far today on ESB, Ward has been convicted of taking steroids and faking injuries to avoid a fight with alcoholic Kelly Pavlik.
T.S. is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #38
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

I've seen some legitimate arguments against Ward. This is anything but one of them.

Pure hater thread. Nothing constructive here.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #39
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Is it not enough that he always gets the dice loaded in his favor in the US? Hard-hitting A. Abraham, hard-hitting C. Froch, and now likely hard-hitting K. Pavlik have all had to wait until he was good and ready to fight. Is Ward trying to make sure his opponents are overtrained and/or rusty in the ring? Does he believe he's the only one who should be allowed a proper length training camp? I am truly shocked and disgusted by these tactics and cannot believe so many boxing fans buy into these mysterious "injury" excuses.

In addition to the three cases above, let's not forget that he forced S. Bika to fight him on short notice as well, thereby coming up with a new way to gain ad advantage with the calendar. Unfortunately for him, he still couldn't measure up to Calzaghe's dominance against this similar opponent.

Of course, the fight with drained overrated American C. Dawson took place right on time because Ward had already gained a big enough advantage on the scales to make his temporal gaming superfluous.
Uh, I'm pretty sure Bika wanted the opportunity to fight Ward. Dirrell pulled out of the tournament. So the date needed to be filled.

People really need to get out of this "Ward made x fighter do this" mentality. It makes you sound desperate, especially in the case with Bika. Fighting a fighter like Bika on short notice is a huge risk.

And while we're on the subject of injury excuses, why is it that Kessler's eye didn't become a serious health concern until after he won a belt from Froch?

Seeing as how he suffered the injury during the Ward fight, you would think he would have pulled out before getting in the ring with a dangerous fighter like Froch... if the injury was ever that serious to begin with.

See? I can be one-sided as well.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #40
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8s View Post
Uh, I'm pretty sure Bika wanted the opportunity to fight Ward. Dirrell pulled out of the tournament. So the date needed to be filled.

People really need to get out of this "Ward made x fighter do this" mentality. It makes you sound desperate. Especially in the case with Bika. Fighting a fighter like Bika on short notice is a huge risk.

And while we're on the subject of injury excuses, why is it that Kessler's eye didn't become a serious health concern until after he won a belt from Froch?

Seeing as how he suffered the injury during the Ward fight, you would think he would have pulled out before getting in the ring with a dangerous fighter like Froch... if the injury was ever that serious to begin with.

See? I can be one-sided as well.
Kessler's eye was fine to fight Froch and drive a car full of people to a press conference. Only hard core Ward haters overlook those facts.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #41
eko718
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The OP seems like he is really reaching to try and throw salt on Ward's accomplishments. Bottom line, this is one guy who has fought virtually every significant opponent in and around his weight class and not one of them could be considered "washed up", "past their prime" etc. Ward is as real as they come. When you say he "waited until he was good and ready" I don't understand the meaning of that or the relevance.
eko718 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #42
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
Kessler's eye was fine to fight Froch and drive a car full of people to a press conference. Only hard core Ward haters overlook those facts.
I was just using that as an example to show him how ridiculous he was being. But I agree.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #43
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Seen some pathetic threads in my time. This is right up there.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #44
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Slappy Joe fans (all 6 of them) are the most butthurt in the world.

Scar put it best "Calzaghe finally came to America to make a name had 2 fights and went home, nobody cared"

They jump at any opportunity to big up this paper champ.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #45
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:

i think you're ****ing stupid for your hater speculation....
Who thinks Pavlik is one of Ward's toughest opponent? I think... only YOU. Cuz it fits in your stupid hater conspiracy lol. If anything, this serves Pavlik well and gives him more time to train for Ward and the supermid weightclass. He hadnt look that great...
Skilletscuz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum