Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default For Fury vs Price fight to happen, what do Maloney/ Price need to bring to the table?

Clearly it won't happen at this moment in time.

Fury has a terrestrial TV deal whist Price is squirrelled away on niche subscription service Boxnation.

Fury is ranked in the Top 10s of every ranking body (I think). Price is not.

Fury is in the position of being one fight away from a title fight. Price is not.

Fury has beaten 2 recent World Title contenders in Chisora & Johnson.

Price's best win is Sam ***ton.

Clearly from a commercial perspective there is a massive disparity on paper here on what both parties bring to the table. Outside of some can crushing and a scouse fanbase, Price brings very little to have anything other than a 40/60 split. At best.

What do Maloney/ Price need to do to make this fight happen?
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: For Fury vs Price fight to happen, what do Maloney/ Price need to bring to the ta

In a word nothing, this fight doesnt have to happen. If it happens then great but i cant see it for a few years yet. They will dance around each other building up profiles before waiting for the klits to retire then picking up a belt each then have a unification fight, makes more sense.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: For Fury vs Price fight to happen, what do Maloney/ Price need to bring to the ta

price's amputated right arm
doug.ie is online now  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

They need to accept that it has to happen on terrestrial TV for starters- Fury can't contractually fight on Boxnation. They'd need a neutral venue (the O2 wouldn't be a bad shout or a stadiums down south) to avoid much trouble breaking out. I believe that Fury will only take this fight after he has fought for a world title which would mean late 2013.
I Shot JR is online now  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

Price should wait until he has beat Thompson and maybe 2-3 more decent contenders so that he has more to offer on the table.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Shot JR View Post
They need to accept that it has to happen on terrestrial TV for starters- Fury can't contractually fight on Boxnation. They'd need a neutral venue (the O2 wouldn't be a bad shout or a stadiums down south) to avoid much trouble breaking out. I believe that Fury will only take this fight after he has fought for a world title which would mean late 2013.
I can see it being on primetime for some reason.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
ai786
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 236

Fight should happen on Channel 5

At the moment it won't sell out a football stadium, maybe 10-15k tickets, and something in the region of 750k for both fighters

But if one bring home a world title then it will sell out a football stadium and both guys could make millions, I think that would be the best time to make it happen.
Fury should go fight Vitali and bring back the belt, while Price fights worthy world ranked fighters like, Chisora, Banks, Povetkin and becomes top 5 ranked or a mandatory. then the ultimate fight should take between Fury and Price with the winner taking on Wladmir for the right to be number 1 in the world.
ai786 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If Maloney offers a caravan and a carpet, and Fury buys Price a weeks shopping from ASDA, the fight will happen.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Guaranteed money from Maloney which i think Fury and Mick don't believe is there and they have a right to as well, Him also accepting to the fight being on Channel 5 where it should really be judging by the ratings it needs to be on the main platform like Chisora vs Fury was and this is a lot bigger in every sense of the word.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai786 View Post
Fight should happen on Channel 5

At the moment it won't sell out a football stadium, maybe 10-15k tickets, and something in the region of 750k for both fighters
Fighting on Channel 5, with a live audience of 10,000 isn't going to generate enough revenue to pay both fighters 750K, nowhere close
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #11
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Neither of the X-factor to make it a genuine grudge match ala Benn/Eubank - Price is way too polite, whereas Fury is a pantomime villain.

Benn and Eubank were both goodie and baddie, according to who's side you were on.

That's what made the Haye/Klitschko saga interesting initially, Wlad was the boring baddie and Haye the goodie who was going to save us all from death by boredom with one godly right hand. Until things took an almightly U-turn.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #12
moon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Maloney seems desperate for this fight to happen. Neither fighter seems that keen. I think Frank is worried that Price will move on to Matchroom before long and want's to cash in asap.
moon is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #13
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
price's amputated right arm
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
Jasper Simone
Veteran Traveller
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2572

Although I'd like to see it happen eventually, I see no need to make the fight until late next year at the earliest. I have no idea about the financial logistics but personally this fight should be screened by channel 5. By late 2013 Price should be more known to the public and both, hopefully, will have continued their winning ways.
Jasper Simone is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #15
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Fighting on Channel 5, with a live audience of 10,000 isn't going to generate enough revenue to pay both fighters 750K, nowhere close
Which is why the fight still isnt financially viable & probably wont be until either one of them has a world title

Conversely I think if they both pick up a loss or two it becomes more likely than it is currently
DrMo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum