Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Dr. Larry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Pac's 3 first fights with Marquez and Floyd's first fight with Castillo

Who truly won the first 3 matches between Pac and Marquez? I heard Pac won the first and the second, with Marquez being dominant in the third. And did Castillo get robbed in his first match against Floyd? I have some good reasons to ask these things. And was De La Hoya completely shot when Pac and Floyd fought him? What about Shane Mosley?
Dr. Larry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
Indio-Bandido
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Pac's 3 first fights with Marquez and Floyd's first fight with Castillo

marquez very clearly won the second and third fights. i thought he lost the first one. floyd won against castillo in my opinion.
Indio-Bandido is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412
Default Re: Pac's 3 first fights with Marquez and Floyd's first fight with Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Larry View Post
Who truly won the first 3 matches between Pac and Marquez? I heard Pac won the first and the second, with Marquez being dominant in the third. And did Castillo get robbed in his first match against Floyd? I have some good reasons to ask these things. And was De La Hoya completely shot when Pac and Floyd fought him? What about Shane Mosley?
Hey you got questions? Looking for answers? who, what, when?
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3583

I'll attempt to answer...

I had JMM winning the first 3 fights.
With the second one being the closest on my card.

First Castillo/Floyd fight was close & I thought JLC should have got the nod.
Glad the immediate rematch happened tho.

De La Hoya/ Mosley...
Thought Shane took the first fight But Oscar clearly deserved the decision in the second fight.
I scored it 116-110 DLH
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
Dr. Larry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How did you people score the rounds in Pac-Marquez 1, 2 and 3? And did Floyd look worse than Castillo in their first match?
Dr. Larry is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

The 2nd Castillo fight was much closer than the 1st.

Floyd wins the first 4 rounds because Castillo does little to nothing.
Floyd is winning before both point deductions.

That's 5 rounds with 1 10-8 won by Floyd and 1 draw round.

If you give Castillo every other round, the best he could do is 6-5-1 Castillo which is a draw with the 10-8....and Floyd has a legitimate case for some of those later rounds.

The 2nd fight was much much closer because Floyd stayed on his back foot too long without punching. I have scored that consistently 7-5 Floyd with him taking the last two rounds to seal the fight.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

Ummm... Did you try actually WATCHING the fights? There's always youtube.

Don't let others shape your opinion. Formulate your own and then discuss.
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Indio-Bandido
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i dont think de la hoya was completely shot when he faced pacquiao. he was just a very inactive boxer. what really ****ed him up in that fight was the weight. he weighed 147 on fight night. he mustve been very weak in that fight. he looked pretty good against floyd and was coming off a huge tko victory over ricardo mayorga. no way was he shot against floyd. he had slowed down considerably, but he wasnt shot. mosley was juicing when he fought de la hoya. those wins should be no contests.
Indio-Bandido is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
I'll attempt to answer...

I had JMM winning the first 3 fights.
With the second one being the closest on my card.

First Castillo/Floyd fight was close & I thought JLC should have got the nod.
Glad the immediate rematch happened tho.

De La Hoya/ Mosley...
Thought Shane took the first fight But Oscar clearly deserved the decision in the second fight.
I scored it 116-110 DLH
Same victors for me as well.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #10
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Mayweather unquestionably won rounds 1-5 in the first Castillo fight.

Castillo did not sweep the rest of the fight.
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
Henke67
Unbroken History
ESB Addict

Location: Our revenge will be in the laughter of our children
vCash: 91

Had JMM-Pacquiao I as a draw, JMM winning the second 114-113 and the third 115-113.

Scored the first Floyd-Castillo fight 115-113 to Mayweather but he didn't look impressive, probably thanks to the injury.

Oscar was clearly past his best against Floyd but still managed to give him a good fight. He looked half-dead against Pacquiao though, totally shot.
Henke67 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
leftleftright
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 915

Floyd clearly beat Castillo. I've watched and scored the fight multiple times and always have Floyd winning 8-9 rounds. Most recently I had Floyd winning rounds 1-6, 8, 10 and 11 with 4 very close rounds. I have it 116-110, but could reasonably see a 114-112 score (Ref deducted 2 points).

Pacquiao and Marquez have some really close rounds. I think there are reasonable cards that would have Pac winning the first and second fights. I personally have gone back and forth on the first fight largely because of the knockdowns in round 1, Marquez clearly wins more rounds. I have Marquez winning the second fight but it's close. Marquez clearly won the third.
leftleftright is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Manny vs JMM. Theres a reason Pac took a 4th fight, know that. Floyd vs Castillo....

Anyone who is objective gave Floyd the first 5 rounds right off the bat. No way Castillo won 7 rounds in a row. Thats all you need to know about that. Floyd fought through a tough injury that fight and yes, everyone disregards that Floyd beat Castillo with one arm but hey, if your hated..... and happen to be Floyd you might as well be a modern day Jack Johnson courting white women in the early 1900's.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Gave JMM the second and third fights against Pac. As it's been said, Floyd won first 5 rounds against Castillo, and Castillo didn't win no damn 7 rounds straight. Oscar wasn't his prime when he fought them, but he wasn't completely shot. He was a step slower vs Floyd and drained himself too much to be competitive with Pac. Mosley was on PEDS for the Oscar fights, Oscar wins by default in my book.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Imo they are 4 razor close fights that can arguably be scored in a variety of ways that shouldn't detract the losers effort at all (aside from Pac in the third given how big a favourite he was).

I personally had it 3-0 jmm
And 2-0 Floyd.

as for Oscar he wasn't completely shot but he was markedly past prime and he might have actually been favourite in both the fights.
lufcrazy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum