Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #46
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203
Default Re: Who ye got? Marquez vs. Pacquiao?

I trust the judges won't be swayed by the bias towards Marquez .Pacman has been ****ed too with the Bradley decision.All in all and everything beingfair-another close UD for Pacman and bring on Rios in April!
fatcity is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #47
Dinamita85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
i'd have agreed......before the bradley fight.....anything can happen with pacquaio it seems
Youll think im one of the conspiracy theory nutters but i agree with the people who say that arum paid off the judges in the fight v bradley...that much uproar is made there will be a rematch, plenty more dollars for everyone involved.
Dinamita85 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #48
Sogoplayboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'm going with my gut, Pac by controversial SD.

BUT, I think Marquez will put Pac on his arse in the middle rounds.
Sogoplayboy is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #49
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Is this the highest pacquiao has ever weighed in?
I'm going with Marquez, simply coz PAC just doesn't seem bothered. Marquez has his number, and for PAC to win he has to be at his absolute best, which I doubt he is...
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #50
Geraldinho
Journeyman

It must hurt Pacquiao with everyone constantly saying he lost II and III. Surely if he's got any fire left in his belly it will be for this fight. He doesn't have to take this fight so it would suggest he is doing it to cement his legacy. He doesn't want to end up being "the guy who got lucky against Marquez"....assuming this is all true he will be giving 100% for this fight. Everyone else seems to think he isn't commited and if that is the case he will lose.

As for the comments regarding Pacquiao and PED's, JMM has moved up the weights just as Pacquiao has...so surely he comes under the same scrutiny?
Geraldinho is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #51
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Manny doesn't have it anymore at this level, against an opponent he couldn't ever possibly look good against.

I said before the third fight that whilst Pacquiao had looked brilliant against all and sundry, smacking around Diaz, DLH, Hatton, Clottey etc was insignificant when compared to Marquez.

There's no way that JMM would just stand there and take a beating like Clottey did, or throw wild right hooks from his bootlaces the way that Hatton did.

All of them, without exception, fought like utter retards the whole time.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #52
mrbassie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Marquez will win again and they'll give it to Pacquiao again.
mrbassie is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #53
MrAthena
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I know reallistically it's not going to happen, but I can't help leaning towards a mid/late stoppage for Pacquiao.

MrAthena is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #54
richoxenham

vCash: 4715

marquez on points he just seems 2 no how 2 be pac
richoxenham is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #55
richoxenham

vCash: 4715

marquez on points just seems 2 no how 2 beat pac
richoxenham is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #56
DavetheSlave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashalasha7 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Marquez looks a lot bigger than Pac but comes in at 143, must be seriously dehydrated

Why would he seriously dehydrate himself to 4 lbs below the weight?

No chance
DavetheSlave is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #57
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pacquiao by robbery
BretN is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #58
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
JMM is not going to win on points, the only way he wins is by stoppage.

I will bet on that!

Whoever loses the bet, gets banned for 2 weeks.
From doug.ie

"ok primadonna...a bets a bet, fair play...see you in two weeks...least i'll be back for xmas.......ya bastard "
Decy is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #59
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This was my face last night -

I didnt see that finish coming, before or during the fight. What a cracking punch by Marquez, one of the best I've ever seen. Timed and sold to perfection. He was planting the right hook seed, and when Manny adjusted BOOM, right over the top. What a fighter Juan Manuel is. Very very very smart, and he proved it again. He had Manny's number the very first time they fought, I didnt expect for Marquez to finish it like that though, UNBELIEVABLE. Never knocked Manny down in any of the previous fights, but puts him to sleep in this one. Great fight it was to. I had Manny winning the fight by a few rounds going into that last round, but Marquez was coming back and looking to land the punch he put Manny down earlier in the fight. He just waited for the perfect time, and timed it expertly. 2.59 in the 6th, with 1 second to go, it was the right time to commit, it was the perfect time to throw it, and he threw it absolutely perfectly.

Marquez said he was smarter before the fight, and we should of known better it was all there for us to see, we really should of known better. Manny's prep was wank again as I said earlier, yet Marquez was a trojan in the gym and got himself in the best shape of his life. We all knew Manny was gonna come in like a raging bull to try and prove the point that he thought he won all 3 previous fights, with a devastating knockout. Little did we know, stupidly I must admit to, Manny was gonna be on the receiving end of it. How did so much of us not see the pattern?

Marquez was the biggest physically Ive seen him, stronger, and he is the counter puncher who has Pacquiaos number, and Manny was always going to come in full blast in this fight in particular. Marquez read it like a book. We really should have seen this coming the more I think about it.....but thats boxing, it shocks and surprises us, but we learn.....

Marquez had some serious power, the first knockdown made Manny fly like superman, and the sound of both knockdown punches could be heard anywhere in the world.

Once the chin is cracked, its never the same again......Manny would be wise to give it up now IMO, but if he wants one last fight, the 5th fight, he has to move away from Freddie Roach, because last night, you could tell he was a Freddie Roach fighter, it looked like Amir Khan in there. NO REGARD for defence, and it backfired AGAIN. Freddie isnt the trainer or man he was, Parkinsons is ripping him apart, he cant give the information to the fighter between rounds that the fighter desperately needs. Manny's other trainer is just shouting out fanboy support, and not advice. Freddie used to point Pacquiao in the right direction during a fight, and he just cant do it anymore.

Pacquiao is a fighter with no discipline or idea, and got exposed, and IMO worse than Ricky Hatton did. WHAT A BRUTAL KO IT WAS.

It confirmed to me all along what I already knew, Manny stood no chance against Floyd Mayweather, because if Marquez hadn't of done this, Floyd would have done it a long time ago. Walking onto that left/right check hook like Hatton did. Pacquiao would have been finished by Mayweather fighting on the back foot.....a class above.
craney91 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum