Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Pacquiao's new Religion, No Rosary in Bradley & Marquez 4.....Coincidence?

'[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

NO ROSARY - Pacquiao vs Bradley & Marquez 4.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Florez; 12-10-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Florez is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao's new Religion, No Rosary in Bradley & Marquez 4,Coincidence?

Dayum Bradley looks FINE
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Pacquiao's new Religion, No Rosary in Bradley & Marquez 4,Coincidence?

Looks like Pac's new Religion didn't do him any good.
He should just go back to how he was.

What a Coincidence.... Since the new Religion, Losses to Bradley & Marquez 4. No Rosary.
Just saying, but all credit to Marquez.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

he lost all his swag becoming ultra religious
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #5
jeromejones
Contender
ESB Senior Member

your kinda lookin way too much into this.

i saw the same thing for the khan fight. He started wearing a religious type necklace whichs usage is rather contraversial islamically in the peterson and Garcia bout. Same shit happened as what happened to Manny.
jeromejones is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

it could've bothered him in training. i heard that new pastor religion, was preaching till the wee hours during his training. i mean really bible studies past 2 am?
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #7
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromejones View Post
your kinda lookin way too much into this.

i saw the same thing for the khan fight. He started wearing a religious type necklace whichs usage is rather contraversial islamically in the peterson and Garcia bout. Same shit happened as what happened to Manny.

I just realised it while watching the weigh in, just weird that's all.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #8
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
it could've bothered him in training. i heard that new pastor religion, was preaching till the wee hours during his training. i mean really bible studies past 2 am?

weird stuff
Florez is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #9
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I think this religion thing has been a negative influence on his boxing career. Hell, I think everything he's been doing these past few years that isn't boxing has been a negative influence on him. His heart really isn't it anymore. I bet he used to think he could do it all and not have it catch up to him, but that Marquez right hand has probably made him reevaluate that notion. These next few months will be telling.

If he was serious about righting the ship and getting his career back on course, he'd try and step away from all the stuff he does outside the ring. He's rich and famous, and that'll be there after he retires. He has to remember what brought him all those outside distractions in the first place: success in the boxing ring. Now, all the stuff he does outside the ring isn't helping him succeed in it. If this keeps up, he might lose his outside the ring stuff, too.

The best thing for him to do right now would be to resign his seat in congress, set aside all commercial ventures for the time being, and just train nonstop in America for the next year and a half to try and get it all back together again. If he can't, if that KO punch really has ended him at the top level, then there's nothing that can be done about that. But we will never really know if it has or not unless he 100% commits himself to boxing and boxing only in his life. Manny owes it to his fans and to himself to find out if that punch/age have wrecked him, or if it's just his own fault by not being 100% in the game anymore.

Honestly, becoming a megastar by beating DLH and Hatton was the worst thing that ever happened to his boxing career from an in-ring performance standpoint. I hope Manny can get his career on track, he's been my favorite boxer (ironically, since he retired one of my two all-time favorites, DLH) for awhile, and I'll root for him regardless of what he decides to do next, but I can't see him getting the best results if he continues to fritter away his time and focus on religion, politics, and commercial opportunities.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #10
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
I think this religion thing has been a negative influence on his boxing career. Hell, I think everything he's been doing these past few years that isn't boxing has been a negative influence on him. His heart really isn't it anymore. I bet he used to think he could do it all and not have it catch up to him, but that Marquez right hand has probably made him reevaluate that notion. These next few months will be telling.

If he was serious about righting the ship and getting his career back on course, he'd try and step away from all the stuff he does outside the ring. He's rich and famous, and that'll be there after he retires. He has to remember what brought him all those outside distractions in the first place: success in the boxing ring. Now, all the stuff he does outside the ring isn't helping him succeed in it. If this keeps up, he might lose his outside the ring stuff, too.

The best thing for him to do right now would be to resign his seat in congress, set aside all commercial ventures for the time being, and just train nonstop in America for the next year and a half to try and get it all back together again. If he can't, if that KO punch really has ended him at the top level, then there's nothing that can be done about that. But we will never really know if it has or not unless he 100% commits himself to boxing and boxing only in his life. Manny owes it to his fans and to himself to find out if that punch/age have wrecked him, or if it's just his own fault by not being 100% in the game anymore.

Honestly, becoming a megastar by beating DLH and Hatton was the worst thing that ever happened to his boxing career from an in-ring performance standpoint. I hope Manny can get his career on track, he's been my favorite boxer (ironically, since he retired one of my two all-time favorites, DLH) for awhile, and I'll root for him regardless of what he decides to do next, but I can't see him getting the best results if he continues to fritter away his time and focus on religion, politics, and commercial opportunities.

Well said.
Religion, Politics & being a Celebrity.

The freaky thing is the new Religion thing.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #11
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14587
Default Re: Pacquiao's new Religion, No Rosary in Bradley & Marquez 4.....Coincidence?

Is chris john as great as marquez?
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495
Default Re: Pacquiao's new Religion, No Rosary in Bradley & Marquez 4.....Coincidence?

**** that brain dead religious bs

WHERE IS YOUR GAWD NOW PAC
locard is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #13
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

Religion makes the difference? Someone tell Rex Ryan to start Tebow!
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #14
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
Well said.
Religion, Politics & being a Celebrity.

The freaky thing is the new Religion thing.
No kidding. If I were a religious guy (which I'm not), I'd be asking myself (if I were in Manny's position), "Well, what the **** God? I stopped drinking, I stopped the carousing, I stopped the gambling, I stopped the ****fighting. I've done everything I can to try and follow what your ****ing book says, I've talked you up in public repeatedly, and this is how you repay me?!?! By stealing my title and giving it to that stupid troll Vegan Tim Bradley?!?! By letting me get KTFO by my arch-nemesis?!?! You have forsaken me!!! **** YOU!!!"

I don't personally believe in God, but if there is a God, I think he's a freaking troll. I'm really superstitious about those things, and I've heard Manny is a superstitious character as well.

Somebody has to tell him "Listen buddy, this God thing isn't working. Look at how well you were rolling before that." Then he should publicly declare himself an Atheist, disappear deep into the forest, eat the heart of a wild animal of some kind, start gambling/drinking/****fighting again, re-emerge from the forest, and then have Richard Dawkins walk him to the ring for his next fight. He has to return to his roots and do the opposite of what he's done lately. Being a Jesus Freak/Religious Nut has worked for some fighters, but it clearly hasn't worked for Manny, and he needs to realize that and adjust accordingly.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #15
Tyler-Durden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

And i just ruined your theory.

Tyler-Durden is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum