boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #46
jmmpbf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Did it feel weird seeing Manny on the floor?

Well deserved win for Marquez, what a way to end the rivalry.

I was so happy for Marquez. I was too busy screaming and shouting, I didnt have time to feel bad for Pac. But then seeing the replay couple times, made me cringe esp, Jinkee crying

I watched the fight 5 times already. Best fight out of these 2.
jmmpbf is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #47
TheGOAT
The Champ is Here !
ESB Addict

It was a shocker indeed. I'm sure as a Pac fan it was sickening since he hasnt been brutally KO'd like that before.
TheGOAT is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #48
TRACON999
Journeyman

Felt bad cause I didn't see him moving, then once his eyes opened, I went straight into feeling elated for Marquez. He deserves this emphatic win.
TRACON999 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #49
Shogun Assassin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalistinho View Post
I thought he had slipped or got hit below the belt. I was shocked to see Manny go down like that. I like both fighters but seeing Manny like that yea i did feel bad for him.
Same here, it was only when he wasn't moving I realised he was out cold. I was in shock for hours, I wanted Marquez to win but it's crazy thing to see one of the all time greats of this generation (who looked close to unbeatable only two years ago) lying on the canvas like he was dead.

Still, it was a great fight, definitely a kill or be killed type fight with both going for it, and a more than deserved win for Marquez.
Shogun Assassin is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #50
iceferg
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeaker89 View Post
I'm still young and relatively new to boxing and this is probably the first time I have seen someone I really admire from my era.. actually humbled.

Don't get me wrong, I love Marquez and think the KO was devastatingly brilliant.

As much as I felt the fight HAD to end in a KO for either man, seeing him knocked down in the 3rd and then completely out cold didn't sit well with me, and it still doesn't. And I know he has been knocked out before, but that long before he became the force he was.

Can anyone else relate to what I'm saying?
yeah completely. it was just weird. that was actually the first 2 times he's been dropped by a head shot during a fight I believe.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #51
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Shocking. You got the feeling Pac was indestructible after awhile. Taking shots from bigger guys like Margo, Cotto, etc. But it was perfectly timed shot. Maybe the wear & tear has got to him a little. The fact that Pac lost his footing and fell down right into the shot without seeing it didn't help. His body crumbled over it was just brutal. To see a legend like that got knocked out cold was tough. I like both fighters and prefer Marquez but I like Pac so I didn't enjoy seeing that. But it was a heck of a shot. Happy for Marquez, though.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

First KD I was shocked, I knew then JMM had 1 shot KO power in this fight after that and even though Pac was winning the rounds, it felt like JMM was actually hitting harder.

It's hard to see any fighter who has that aura of invincibility fall, Tyson, RJJ comes to mind. The RJJ one specially. Pac has looked beatable recently but couldn't envision him getting knocked out by JMM, yet alone Knocked out cold. To me he is the epitome of a fighter, granite chin, fighters mentality, explosive speed and power and to lay there motionless face flat. ****.

Must admit, heartbroken from that and cant even rewatch the vid as great a fight as it was. Think I will stay away from boxing for a while. Love the sport but I been following boxing closely for over 10 years and Pacquiao has been my favourite fighter all through those years, to watch him continually shock people on his rise to the top and then go out like that, definitely hurts to see that.

Congrats to JMM though, perfect set up punch. I reckon he is a serious force at WW, probably the best WW out there right now. Before he had skills, now he has skills + devastating 1 punch KO power. He landed 2 shots and both dropped Pac like a log, you would think he turned Julian Jackson overnight. I look forward to his next fight. Heredia did a great job on his power, however he may have done it.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #53
Todd498
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Not half as sick as I felt when Roy Jones hit the floor from Tarver.
That was a shocker. But the Manny knockout is different because Manny wasn't moving at all. FACE DOWN. Roy at least got to his feet during the count.
Todd498 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #54
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Roy Jones was Superman at the time. He was invincible in his peak. So that knockout was very shocking.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #55
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Lewis being KO'd by Rahman was some shock.
Flexe is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #56
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

A little shocked but it's not like we haven't seen pac look like he was shot from a jab KO or destroyed by a body shot KO. RJJ was far more shocking for me.

Gotta say though I was celebrating when I saw him drop then about 20 seconds later I genuinely started worrying when he wasn't moving, another 10 seconds after that I was like oh **** I hope he's not dead, then relief when they get him back up.....dude was out for over a minute, it was scary.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #57
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

that **** was priceless. his fan were ****ing delussional. ****ing Pac could beat Robinson or Hearns ,Lenord. ****ing TYson. he got flatblasted
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #58
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Very shocking, in a way I wanted to see JMM get vindication I guess but not like that maybe by decision or a tko or something. Mannys been my favorite fighter for so many years and it was tough to see him go out cold like that.. :*(
StillWill is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum