Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Big Left Hook

vCash: 500
Default Hector Camacho vs Edwin Rosario Scoring

First of all RIP to Camacho. I've not seen much of him but from what I've read and knowing who he fought he seemed like a very admirable fighter, who certainly will be missed by the boxing community I'm sure.

I've never seen a Camacho fight other than the one's against Oscar and JCC. In these fights he survived for the most part against two stronger, brilliant (well bordeline brilliant in Oscar) fighters. Hardly the best impression of him so I thought I may as well check out more of this fighter I've seen in highlights with blazing speed and crazy combinations. The only Rosario fight I've seen is his loss to JCC and his three round blowout over Viruet. Apparently this is the fight that made Camacho more of a mover than a stalker though I woulden't want to comment as I've only read this, not seen it. I also have heard this was a very close fight, with some controversy so i thought I'd give a go at scoring it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEUPZh1OVd8[/ame]
Big Left Hook is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hector Camacho vs Edwin Rosario Scoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left Hook View Post
First of all RIP to Camacho. I've not seen much of him but from what I've read and knowing who he fought he seemed like a very admirable fighter, who certainly will be missed by the boxing community I'm sure.

I've never seen a Camacho fight other than the one's against Oscar and JCC. In these fights he survived for the most part against two stronger, brilliant (well bordeline brilliant in Oscar) fighters. Hardly the best impression of him so I thought I may as well check out more of this fighter I've seen in highlights with blazing speed and crazy combinations. The only Rosario fight I've seen is his loss to JCC and his three round blowout over Viruet. Apparently this is the fight that made Camacho more of a mover than a stalker though I woulden't want to comment as I've only read this, not seen it. I also have heard this was a very close fight, with some controversy so i thought I'd give a go at scoring it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I would be interested in hearing your thoughts and seeing your card...It has been a while but I had Rosario winning by 1 when I last scored it....will try and rewatch it this evening to give it another go....To me this is the fight that markd=ed a turning point in Camacho. as he took far fewer chances in fights after this one.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Big Left Hook

Round 1- Easy Camacho round, Rosario landed nothing of note. Great in and out movement, several nice body shots and a nice straight left to finish the round. 10-9 Camacho.

Round 2-Close round. Rosario landed several nice hands and Camacho landed a couple too. His jabs are coming up short, he is flicking out the majority of them but the one's he is commiting too, he's moving back to much too land. 10-10 I guess.

Round 3- Action really heats up, solid round of technical boxing. Early exchange with Rosario landing hard for the first time. He is really stalking forward with a purpose, but is clearly worried about straight lefts following the flickering jab. Still he lands several good shots, of which Camacho blocks, but Camacho does little else. Controlling the fight with his footwork but Rosario's aggression is controlling more and more. 10-9 Rosario.

29-29
Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Big Left Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
I would be interested in hearing your thoughts and seeing your card...It has been a while but I had Rosario winning by 1 when I last scored it....will try and rewatch it this evening to give it another go....To me this is the fight that markd=ed a turning point in Camacho. as he took far fewer chances in fights after this one.
Thanks a lot , the action heated up in round 3 I'm hoping it stays that way. Yeah the people I've heard comment on it said they had Rosario slightly ahead, is very close so far.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I had it 115-113 Rosario, though I don't remember exactly which rounds went to whom.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

I had it close for Rosario.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Big Left Hook

Round 4- Easy Rosario round. He's showing us just how dangerous he can be, marching forward and leading with hooks and staight rights. I feel like Camacho is just getting clipped with most of them (even though the crowd goes nuts), but he also takes some hard body shots. Camacho cut. 10-9 Rosario

Round 5- Camacho starts well with a flurry then gets his ass kicked for about 2 and half minutes. Rosario hurts him with a left hook and follows it up for the rest of the round. I love how he lands a perfect straight right and is in range for them compact left hook. Close mabye to a 10-8 but I never felt like Camacho was out of there, but you could give it that for Rosario's dominance I guess but I disagree. 10-9 Rosario

Round 6- Camacho is doing little in terms of landing punches. Still does better than Rosario and lands a few good body shots and a couple of jabs. In 6 rounds he's thrown so many jabs, and connected with so few. But man does he move a lot, no wonder he has low hands when out of range to conserve his energy, he really puts miles on the clock. 10-9 Camacho

58-57 Rosario
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Big Left Hook

Round 7- Tough round to score. Camacho throws a few flurries but Rosario lands a solid 4-5 rights at the end which I found more effective. 10-0 Rosario.

Round 8- Good round for Rosario. Finally has a little success on the ropes and lands some good body shots. Later lands a head snapping uppercut and short hook. Not doing loads but certainly more than Camacho who just manages one flurry. 10-9 Rosario

Round 9- I liked Camacho who had several effective flurries at the start and end of the round, though Rosario had success in the middle. 10-9 Camacho.

87-85 Rosario
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
Big Left Hook

Round 10- Good round for Camacho who totally shuts down Rosario in the last half of the round. Several short punches and body shots wins him the round. 10-9 Camacho

Round 11-Camacho is doing well until the last minute when a left hook and overhand right hits him clean. He is hurt and takes several more decent shots. I thought Rosario did well enough to win the round. 10-9 Rosario

116-113 for Rosario I thought.

Round 12-Good action last round with Camacho landing some nice counter shots but being outworked and I thought, losing the round. 10-9 Rosario.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Big Left Hook

Decent fight, nothing amazing. I thought there where a few key points to the fight.

Rosario showed too much respect to Camacho. I'm sure it was frustrating fighting such a moving target but there where periods when he did nothing. Camacho may have stung hm in the 9th (though its hard to say) but he never presented himself as having a punch hard enough to hurt Rosario.

Camacho preventing Rosario from doing well when he was on the ropes.

Camacho's lack of commitment to the jab, he as always flicking it out and not getting points.

Camacho's ineffective flurries, for the most part. He may have landed several good body shots, but Rosario did a good job of avoiding the head punches.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

I remember scoring this for Hector. Rosario didn't do enough in the late rounds, and under his eye was swelling I remember.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #12
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
I remember scoring this for Hector. Rosario didn't do enough in the late rounds, and under his eye was swelling I remember.
You score fights based upon eye swelling????
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
You score fights based upon eye swelling????
Who doesn't?
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #14
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Who doesn't?
Is that how they determine whether a round gets scored 10-8 or 10-9???
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

I had Chavez way ahead of Taylor. But that was expected. Culiacan is Mexicos 'Burgh and Taylor was, well you know...
LittleRed is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum