Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Swollen Liver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 552
Default Gatti to be introduce to the HOF tomorrow!!!

Congrats champ!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(98.5 Sports) - 98.5 The Sports has learned from reliable sources that the Quebec boxer Arturo "Thunder" Gatti will be inducted into the Hall of Fame International Boxing tomorrow. At the same time he became the first Quebecer to achieve immortality of the sport in his first year of eligibility.

The official announcement will come at the stroke of 13 pm live in Canastota New York.
"Get out the champagne, it will celebrate in Montreal on Monday," the source said on 98.5 Sports.
Gatti, who retired five years ago, became eligible for the Temple for the first time this year.
Before him, Jack Delaney Quebec in 1996 and Lucien "Lou" Fog in 2006, saw the Temple doors open before them.
Unusual
With a record of 40 wins, 31 by knockout, and nine defeats, Gatti was not the most stellar record, but proved one of the most spectacular boxers of his era.
In addition to being crowned three time world champion in three different weight classes, he fought in five divisions and has been involved in the "Fight of the Year" five times.
His trilogy against his good friend Mickey Ward has become legendary in the world of boxing. Many experts agree that it was one of the best in the history of boxing.
Fans were telling him that he was the reincarnation of the fictional character Rocky Balboa. He had a capacity to inhuman and often meet to complete its opponents. Even when the fight seemed out of reach and it seemed beaten Gatti rose with the energy of despair to surprise his opponents by their passing KO
Start of Gattimania
At age 19, he left Quebec and its status as an amateur boxer to become a professional. He won 29 of his first 30 fights in his career and officially moved to Atlantic City.
His fights are so spectacular that Lou DiBella, then vice-president of HBO Sports, Gatti hired as the first superstar of the Boxing After Dark series. He is convinced that the performance of Arturo ensure excellent ratings. He's right, the show an instant success.
HBO not ever forsake boxing and Boxing After Dark program still exists today.
DiBella Gatti was nicknamed "The Human Highlight Reel", because the latter multiplied electrifying moments during his fights.
Gatti was also two other nicknames: "Thunder" and "The Ultimate Blood and Guts Warrior." That is to say, "the Ultimate Warrior brave and bloody."
A place among the great
During his career, Gatti pocketed tens of millions of dollars, climbing the highest peaks of the sport. It is constantly changing category to meet the demands of broadcasters who wanted to organize large-scale battles.
It rises in the same category of 147 pounds to face Oscar de la Hoya. But he must admit defeat against the "Golden Boy". And that this defeat against Floyd Mayweather will regret those most Gatti. He retired in 2007 after two consecutive defeats.
"When you work hard and you no longer get the results, it does not continue, indicated Gatti CKAC. People tell me that I had a good career and I can enjoy a good quality of life. I'm glad to hear that. After my last fight, it does not give me anything you want to continue. "
Gatti finally loses life in 2009, only two years after his retirement, but his induction into the Hall of Fame boxing and made him an immortal athlete.
It ensures its place among the greatest athletes in the history of Quebec. It will be officially inducted June 9, 2013.
Jeremy Filosa / 98.5 Sports
Swollen Liver is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Hotsauce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Gatti to be introduce to the HOF tomorrow!!!

That's good
Hotsauce is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gatti to be introduce to the HOF tomorrow!!!

If this is true, I can't fully support it.

I know my opinion will likely be unpopular, but Gatti was not a one of a kind fighter. The sport has a long history of Gatti-esque fighters who would die before they'd give up and who had countless exciting wars.

There are also fighters who were better, such as Marlon Starling, who are not in.

Gatti deserves all of the respect he gets, but in my opinion he should not have a place in the hall of fame.
Bill1234 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum