Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495
Default Pacquiao is clearly past his chin prime

Not to take anything away from JMM's fantastic victory with that counter punch from hell, but Pac's chin doesn't seem what it used to be

In this fight we saw the return of the Manny of old days in several senses, not the lethargic half assed version that fought Bradley or the overly cautious Pac of JMM-Pac III, heck, round 5 was practically a return of Pac Prime!

This time speed was there, stamina was there, ferocity was there

BUT chin was not there!

Yeah, JMM's final counter punch was perfect, it landed flush on the chin, full body weight behind, feet firmly planted, opponent stepping in, the full package, ofc Pac had to go down after taking that, yet I still find incredible that he almost got killed by it, it looked like he wouldn't wake up!

and what about the first KD? that wasn't a counter and JMM never had that kind of devastating power before. Pac is well known for his sturdy chin yet Marquez made it look like it was made of fragile Khanium

I cant believe someone can just develop that sort of power during a 4 month training camp and at almost 40yo, it's unreal

Pac's chin is past its prime, that's the only plausible answer
locard is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is clearly past his chin prime

really he seems to be moving fine until he got hit with a shot he didnt see
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac from round 5 was the return of Prime Pac in many ways

sucks for him that his chin was the only thing that didn't return, actually it got worse

What an amazing match anyway, both fighters deserve all kind of props

FOTY, ROTY, KOTY etc
locard is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

FOTY, ROTY, KOTY **** YES!

Also His chin wasn't the problem it's he walked straight into a mosnter ight hand counter. Who the **** walks in with their chin like that, he got over condifent to bad for him.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Also His chin wasn't the problem it's he walked straight into a mosnter ight hand counter. Who the **** walks in with their chin like that, he got over condifent to bad for him.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Yes, that was a perfect counter, the most dangerous kind of punch but Pac has been hit with similar punches from JMM many times in the past and didn't go down, let alone KTFO

And what about the first KD? that wasn't a counter yet Marquez floored Pac so easily and got him hurt. It was like Marquez was spiritually channeling the power of Pryor or Hearns or something
locard is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Doc is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
Jak Boxer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

I agree , I just can't wrap my head around it. Being caught cold and KO'd is one thing, but knocked down twice? By Marquez of all people? This is Pacquiao were talking about not some chinny tomato can. Pacquiao hasn't come close to being knocked down in like the past decade or so. I've seen Marquez hit him with harder shots in the past and Pac ate them up like candy. I guess chins deteroirate with age, or it's probably all the wars / constant wear and tear Pac has gone through.
Jak Boxer is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Boxer View Post
I agree , I just can't wrap my head around it. Being caught cold and KO'd is one thing, but knocked down twice? By Marquez of all people? This is Pacquiao were talking about not some chinny tomato can. Pacquiao hasn't come close to being knocked down in like the past decade or so. I've seen Marquez hit him with harder shots in the past and Pac ate them up like candy. I guess chins deteroirate with age, or it's probably all the wars / constant wear and tear Pac has gone through.

what do you mean marquez of all people? the best counter puncher in the game, ATG, ATG skills... He has a better KO ration then PACQUIAO!

Marquez is the best person to get KTFO by... sweet sweet sweet.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post
Not to take anything away from JMM's fantastic victory with that counter punch from hell, but Pac's chin doesn't seem what it used to be

In this fight we saw the return of the Manny of old days in several senses, not the lethargic half assed version that fought Bradley or the overly cautious Pac of JMM-Pac III, heck, round 5 was practically a return of Pac Prime!

This time speed was there, stamina was there, ferocity was there

BUT chin was not there!

Yeah, JMM's final counter punch was perfect, it landed flush on the chin, full body weight behind, feet firmly planted, opponent stepping in, the full package, ofc Pac had to go down after taking that, yet I still find incredible that he almost got killed by it, it looked like he wouldn't wake up!

and what about the first KD? that wasn't a counter and JMM never had that kind of devastating power before. Pac is well known for his sturdy chin yet Marquez made it look like it was made of fragile Khanium

I cant believe someone can just develop that sort of power during a 4 month training camp and at almost 40yo, it's unreal

Pac's chin is past its prime, that's the only plausible answer
Anyone with a prostitute as an avatar seems to be retarded, ugly and overweight by nature. Pacquiao got caught with a punch he didn't see coming and that was that, it's not the first time it happens in boxing. Hire a crack hooker, release your frustration and hopefully you won't theorize in such retarded fashion.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Anyone with a prostitute as an avatar seems to be retarded, ugly and overweight by nature. Pacquiao got caught with a punch he didn't see coming and that was that, it's not the first time it happens in boxing. Hire a crack hooker, release your frustration and hopefully you won't theorize in such retarded fashion.
Lol, why so feisty? better idea, why dont you go suck a bag of black dicks like the one of the guy in your avatar fag, that seems right up the ally of anyone with a black homo***ual as an avatar

And while you're at it, explain why Pac got floored so easily the first time, with a punch that wasn't a counter nor was pac stepping in or blind to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Boxer View Post
That might the case

Manny's everlasting love for brawls its finally showing consequences
locard is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
Norbix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Omg people shut up with Pacquiao is past prime this past prime that. He looked great last night beating Marquez on points half way through the fight. He hasn't been in many wars over the past few years. He's the same fighter he's been for a while.

Quote:
Don't believe in anything until Boxing gets some real drug testing going on. Year round blood testing for world championship contenders. Don't be naive, Marquez is clearly on something. Don't be afraid to admit your suspicions either just because he's Marquez and he's the last person you'd imagine to cheat. Peterson was the same way. A lot of more observant people around here tried telling everyone that Marquez doesn't look natural at all before the fight.
Norbix is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835

No Pacquiao catapulted himself in to a straight right hand counter timed perfectly by marquez he never saw it coming those shots are what knock you unconscious. i was very suprised to see him dropped early though that one i'll give you
Ricky42791 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
PowerBack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Chin prime
PowerBack is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

JMM is on da shizzz and yall know it......
o_money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum