Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
Ali4life
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Thoughts on the Pacquiao/Marquaz fight

I just wanted to know the thoughts and reactions on the fight and the knockout from Marquez
Ali4life is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Thoughts on the Pacquiao/Marquaz fight

Manny"s done..
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #3
KOTF
Bingooo
East Side Guru

vCash: 66874

It was a well-timed right hand.
KOTF is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
Flo_Raiden
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Best fight of the series and probably a fitting finale. Marquez gets his vindication with a beautiful KO of the year shot. And hopefully Manny recovers from a horrible loss like that. Most great fighters have recovered from a devastating knockout so I wouldn't be surprised if Manny comes back with a few more fights.

Huge props to both guys. These guys show why boxing is so great.
Flo_Raiden is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #5
Ali4life
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Manny"s done..
I think that sums it up. Manny is no longer the force he was previously. I guess it happens though welcome to boxing
Ali4life is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #6
Ali4life
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I agree that it was a good fight though wish it could have lasted a few more rounds before that crushing right hand perfectly set up out of nowhere
Ali4life is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #7
Ali4life
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
Best fight of the series and probably a fitting finale. Marquez gets his vindication with a beautiful KO of the year shot. And hopefully Manny recovers from a horrible loss like that. Most great fighters have recovered from a devastating knockout so I wouldn't be surprised if Manny comes back with a few more fights.

Huge props to both guys. These guys show why boxing is so great.
I hope Pac really does recover from this and pull off a Roberto Duran come back stronger than before
Ali4life is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #8
asero
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Manny was still landing good shots throughout the fight

But he needs to slow down the pace. JMM is the bext mexican boxer of all-time
asero is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:05 AM   #9
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

I think something like this demands some holding off for context. I want to see if Manny can come back from this to do anything or if it's a sign of getting the fork in him, but they've both been losing something for a while now and one of them has a young man's style. Let's see what happens next. A terrific ride it's been for them both.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #10
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by asero View Post
JMM is the bext mexican boxer of all-time
The Rocky Lockridge that Chavez fought is a better fighter than the Manny Pacquiao JMM beat tonight.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #11
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

I was shocked. Never expect to see someone like Manny's level knocked out cold.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 AM   #12
prime
BOX! Writing Champion
ESB Senior Member

Mike Tyson has recently tweeted: "The strong will always overpower the weak; the smart will always overpower the strong."

Yes, Márquez was bigger. But Pacquiao became a household name the planet over by destroying bigger men.

Márquez delivered a master class in the Sweet Science: neutralizing boxing's biggest left cross using anticipation and distance, avoiding annihilation from hydrogen bombs by ducking and counterpunching, and cherishing the right hand as the champion's authority, infusing it with wonderful versatility and thus making it the game changer on a special night for boxing.

Pacquiao came to war. He has been boxing's biggest name in this awesome 21st century, which has seen it nearly all. He made the sport riveting, compelling, pushing the limits of the impossible in conquering 10 world titles in 8 different weight classes. At his peak, his name was routinely mentioned alongside those of Ali, Duran and the Sugar Man.

Of his opponents, Márquez had become the Pac Man's Joe Frazier, his Moby Dick, his Everest, over 36 searing rounds.

In Superfight 4, Manny was venomous, deploying his trademark shredder offense of speed and cluster bombs, his optimism and composure, all the qualities were there. And his opponent knew it, resorting to tentativeness akin to survival mode.

But the aging fighter was thinking, not panicking. Fueled by a lifetime longing for the recognition due his greatness, he had come to his final showdown with several secret weapons, all in the right hand.

In Round 3, it found its mark in the form of a long, wide right hook which, in a second, placed the battle on a whole, new path: the Pac Man had been flung to the canvas, and, as I recall his dazed look on his stool at round's end, in hindsight it can be said it was the first terrible nail in the coffin.

The Pac Man came back, gobbling points, slashing his 39-year-old foe, flooring him, bloodying him, for split-seconds diminishing him to slow-motion, faltering legs, a proud, stubborn man with the bruised, red-mask look of imminent defeat.

But the Mexican warrior stayed calm. He knew he had come to have to go through hell to reach his beloved goal. He had paid, no, enjoyed the price of success, and, suddenly, without warning, came payback time.

The grueling hours, years, decades of solitary work were suddenly embodied in a perfectly-timed, tight right hand, that shot out to meet an onrushing, furious Pacquiao. Shockingly, unbelievably, the iconic giant killer stopped cold and crashed forward, never to respond to the 10-count dramatically tolled over his corpse-like form.

Boxing won tonight, in a clash reminiscent of the fabled wars of yore.

And the better of the two men won tonight, judges and yak be damned!
prime is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #13
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict

who was ahead on the cards ?
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:17 AM   #14
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I think something like this demands some holding off for context. I want to see if Manny can come back from this to do anything or if it's a sign of getting the fork in him, but they've both been losing something for a while now and one of them has a young man's style. Let's see what happens next. A terrific ride it's been for them both.
This is what I was thinking; is depends on how he reacts if he fights/in his next fight.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 AM   #15
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Manny got caught by a monster shot that would have laid anyone (including Floyd).
It happened with Morales during the second Pacquiao bout. It happens even to the best.
jyuza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum