Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #31
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,421
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

He's been KOd twice before by smaller men. That's what made people believe he was juicing, because bigger men was hitting him and he would walk right through the punches. Saturday night proofed he's no longer on them.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #32
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,558
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius View Post
Anyone can get caught. Given the right punch, right timing, right angle, right spot. Anyone can be knocked out. Pacquiao has taken huge punches over the years, from guys way bigger than him, and always motioned that "bring it on" which is great.

Last night just showed he is human after all. And very gracious in defeat. I hope he retires.
Agree with most of this, but why should he retire ?

Should Lennox have retired after getting KTFO by a Rahman punch he never saw ?


Should Louis have retired when Schmelling did the same thing to him ?

Duran had a great chin but Tommy Hearns caught him almost exactly the way JMM caught Pac. He even fell into the same position.

It was a great win for JMM, KO of the year, but if they fought again, it would be another 50/50 fight.

He lost. He can get over it.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #33
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 7,374
vCash: 500
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Also I dont know how good Vitalis chin is, the only fight ive seen him get tagged hard in,is the Lewis fight and he was holding on at times there
He was tagged MUCH harder against Sander than Lewis ever hit him and did not go down.

Man you are such a hilarious brittard nut hugger it makes me sick.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #34
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,558
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Pac's chin, what about mother ****in Marquez?

Mother ****er didn't budge. Pacquaio hit Mosley, who has one of the best chins in boxing, and he goes down, Marquez takes the most serious shots he's ever taken in a Pacquaio fight and doesn't do shit.

Come on man...

That's bullshit.

Mother ****er is a cheater. And don't tell me it's weightlifting because everybody knows Mosley was a big time weighlifter and put up some serious numbers, not some bitch ass less than 315 on squat for one rep.

Mother ****er is a cheater.

You sound like an idiot and a sore loser.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #35
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
Anyone that argues Floyd's chin is superior is deluded. Pac walks into punches. Obviously Marquez power was a focus that was improved upon. Perhaps Pac's lack of activity and durability has affected through wear & tear.

I mean, Pac took flush shots from Margo and Cotto. I saw Corley badly hurt Floyd. Let's be real. Floyd's defense is great and Pac is an action-packed fighter that's bound to run into a shot full force and get hurt to a much greater effect. It's common science.
Great post, Floyd's chin is a lot more suspect. When he gets hit clean with punches he can see, he is shaken. Floyd's incredible defense stops his chin from being exposed. Pacquiao's style means his chin will always be open to be hit, that's how he fights.

It's not that Pacquiao doesn't have a chin, he has a fantastic chin. But any fighter falling forward with his chin exposed, guard down who doesn't see a straight right coming will go down - it's simple physics.
Miguel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #36
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain View Post
Agree with most of this, but why should he retire ?

Should Lennox have retired after getting KTFO by a Rahman punch he never saw ?


Should Louis have retired when Schmelling did the same thing to him ?

Duran had a great chin but Tommy Hearns caught him almost exactly the way JMM caught Pac. He even fell into the same position.

It was a great win for JMM, KO of the year, but if they fought again, it would be another 50/50 fight.

He lost. He can get over it.
Fantastic post, voice of reason. And let's not forget Pacquiao was falling forward into the punch, Duran was at a standstill when Hearns connected - Pacquiao had ZERO chance of surviving that punch considering his body shape and how exposed his chin was
Miguel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #37
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
.

Fixed.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #38
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 500
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Only shows that his chin is no match to an roided boxer.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #39
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 2146
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
idk how last night proved that
this.

op must know this isn't the first time he got ktfo.
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #40
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 500
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchild78 View Post
He's been KOd twice before by smaller men. That's what made people believe he was juicing, because bigger men was hitting him and he would walk right through the punches. Saturday night proofed he's no longer on them.
That was during his teens when he was a poor malnourished kid.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #41
Ahurath
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 235
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Pacquaios chin didn't change over night. He wasn't weight drained, shot or blind.
He got caught with a perfect counter wich he didn't see. This is boxing my friends.
Ahurath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #42
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 950
vCash: 2123
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Pac's chin, what about mother ****in Marquez?

Mother ****er didn't budge. Pacquaio hit Mosley, who has one of the best chins in boxing, and he goes down, Marquez takes the most serious shots he's ever taken in a Pacquaio fight and doesn't do shit.

Come on man...

That's bullshit.

Mother ****er is a cheater. And don't tell me it's weightlifting because everybody knows Mosley was a big time weighlifter and put up some serious numbers, not some bitch ass less than 315 on squat for one rep.

Mother ****er is a cheater.
doesnt budge? so what the **** do you call the KD in the 5th and him being ready to g oat one point in the fight?
alakran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #43
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenoit View Post
Only shows that his chin is no match to an roided boxer.

Tell that to the guy in your AV.

JMM KO6 Pac.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #44
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Anyone can get knocked out by the perfect punch. Gene Fullmer and Roberto Duran both got destroyed, yet they had two of the top chins in boxing history. It happens when fighters take flush shots.

There isn't a heavyweight in history who could take a full power shot, like Pacquiao did against Marquez, from Earnie Shavers. Not one. Guys like McCall, Tua etc., would all get knocked out.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #45
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 302
Default Re: I always thought Pacquiao had an iron chin.. last night showed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Anyone can get knocked out by the perfect punch. Gene Fullmer and Roberto Duran both got destroyed, yet they had two of the top chins in boxing history. It happens when fighters take flush shots.

There isn't a heavyweight in history who could take a full power shot, like Pacquiao did against Marquez, from Earnie Shavers. Not one. Guys like McCall, Tua etc., would all get knocked out.
It doesn't even have to be a full power shot. It just needs to catch the guy in the right spot:

Savón vs. Tua.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLb3BwK9LXo[/ame]
Mamerto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013