Published on 10 December 2012 - 4:44am
More about:
  • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Unbeaten Indonesian boxer Chris John is hoping to lure Juan Manuel Marquez to Singapore for a "big money" rematch after the Mexican's stunning [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] over Manny Pacquiao, a report said Monday.
John outpointed Marquez in Indonesia in 2006 in a decision that was disputed by the Mexican's team. Now John hopes Marquez, who knocked old foe Pacquiao out on Saturday, will be tempted to settle another Asian score.
"I will fight Marquez at any weight because it is a big money fight," John, undefeated in 50 fights and the World Boxing Association's featherweight champion since 2003, told the Straits Times.
"I hope they can bring him to Singapore because it is the best [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I have ever fought in."
On Saturday in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Marquez knocked Pacquiao cold in the sixth round of their non-title welterweight slugfest for his first victory in four meetings with the Filipino great.
"I am a much better boxer than him (Marquez) and I have more speed and skill," said John.
"He is a massive puncher and knocked Manny Pacquiao clean out with one punch and it is my job to make sure I do not get hit with the same punch. I want the fight and will win again."
Australian promoter Angelo Hyder said he would propose a fight at lightweight, meaning the Mexican would have to shed weight and John would have to gain about four kilograms (nine pounds).
"Marquez and his team have always disputed the (2006) decision, even though all three judges gave it to Chris, and so boxing in a neutral place like Singapore could help make the fight happen," Hyder said.
"We will approach them and try and get the fight because this is unfinished business."
ANP/AFP

At 135 could be a goer. Chance for JMM to avenge another loss. Though have my doubts about how ''neutral'' Singapore is.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
leftrip
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Indonesia's Chris John seeks big money bout with JMM

3 judges surrounded by 40+thousand screaming Indonesians on remote Balikpapan , Kalimantan Island. gave Chris John the nod, everyone else thought Marquez won the fight

Last edited by leftrip; 12-10-2012 at 01:10 AM.
leftrip is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It will never happen but if it did John would get the beating he deserves.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftrip View Post
3 judges surrounded by 40+thousand screaming Indonesians on remote Balikpapan , Kalimantan Island. gave Chris John the nod, everyone else thought Marquez won the fight
Haven't watched for a while but I think JMM lost 2 points for low blows and CJ definitely won some rounds not a outrageous robbery. That said I don't think Singapore would be neutral JMM would have to knock John out. JMM has fought far better opposition than CJ since they fought.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post

1, It will never happen

2. but if it did John would get the beating he deserves.
1. no. one is a welter the other is a feather.

2. as an inactive fighter, john will lose because of it. deservedly or not. the money train stops there..
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 AM   #6
Left hook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

John is pulling his dick . Jmm would be in position to make 10 mill plus in his next fight . If he fights Floyd or PAC that is which I would believe is very possible . Why the **** would he go to singapore ?? Not to mention he would have to jump from 126 to over 140 as the fight would be at welter . Get your hand off your **** chris John .
Left hook is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #7
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left hook View Post
John is pulling his dick . Jmm would be in position to make 10 mill plus in his next fight . If he fights Floyd or PAC that is which I would believe is very possible . Why the **** would he go to singapore ?? Not to mention he would have to jump from 126 to over 140 as the fight would be at welter . Get your hand off your **** chris John .
True
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #8
Dazz

John has wasted his opportunity to have cemented himself as one of the elite fighters. sure, he will be a hall of famer and has an unbelievable record but his lack of big fights for the sake of caution has denied him a mega fight. That, in addition to the weight difference and Marquez's standing after yesterday make him way out of John's league...not in talent, but in the status.
Dazz is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Chris John is one of those champions who holds a title hostage making home town defences against easy bogus mandatories
Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
Chris John is one of those champions who holds a title hostage making home town defences against easy bogus mandatories
yes, unfortunately. we'll never know how great he may have been. he's already past his prime. he's inactive, and living the easy life.

i think calling out JMM is just a publicity stunt by john, after the pac win. a feather isnt going to fight a solid welter. although a loss wouldnt see him lose his feather title, it may ruin him as a fighter. a bad beating could make him old real fast at his age.

if john was an active fighter, beating all the worlds top feathers, you may have a case for calling out JMM at light welter. still, its not happening. ever.

in the 6 years since they first fought, john has had about 12 easy fights......JMM has been in with floyd, pac 4 times, casamayor, diaz, katsidis, ramos, barrera....in about 15 fights.

who grew?

Last edited by swingin; 12-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left hook View Post
True but it's a good way to get your name out there. John actually wants it at LW. JMM apparently made 5 mill against Pac I doubt he would get anywhere near that fighting John.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yes lets see if I'm Marquez do I fight John for 500K or possibly Mayweather for 8million if can't get Floyd possibly Rio's or Bradley for 2million.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

no chance
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #14
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

John has more hope of flying off into the sunset with those dumbo ears of his than getting the chosen one to fight in Singapore .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #15
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

T.C.W is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum