Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314
Default It was Marquez's bravery that got him that ko.

This fight is going to be analyzed to death, but to me it's as clear as day...it was Marquez's bravery. We all already knew he was a great counter puncher. Pacquiao got popped repeatedly over the course of the first three fights, but what made this particular counter so special is that Marquez had the balls to throw it.

Juan was bloodied. He had just been hit with a shot that sent him sprawling back. He was being backed into the ropes. Most fighters would have held on or did what they had to do to survive for the last few seconds of the round, skeptical to commit to a big shot because of the possibility of a counter if they miss, but not Juan. Courage under fire. Bravo, Juan.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: It was Marquez's bravery that got him that ko.

It was now or never for Juan.

It paid off.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Well said. He trained his ass off to deliver that very shot, but the open nature of the counter still takes a brave man to throw under fire. Technical brilliance combined with absolute commitment to keep looking for the jolt counter delivered spectacularly. 9 fighters out of 10 would've gone defensive at that point, yet a bloodied Marquez waited Pac to commit the error and punished for it. His G-ness is beyond words.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
ko00
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

THAT and Pacs stupidity! look the same punch that finished the fight was thrown in round 5 IN EXACTLY the same situation

Pac survived this one but didnt learn from his mistake.Marquez is brave because he knew he had to take some punishment to set manny up and win the fight what a ****ing god damn WARRIOR
ko00 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I think both were more aggressive, Juan was loading up more, Pacquaio was applying more pressure and throwing more. A KO either way became more likely and the more efficient technically better puncher was odds on to win out in such a fight.

Marquez heart is something he rarely gets props for, down 3 times in their first fight, down in the rematch, stunned down and broken nose in this fight, down against MAB, fighting that war against Diaz. What happened in everyone of those fights, he fought fire with fire and came out on top
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
ko00
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

just to add it ****ing amazes me how some people ever thought pac would have beaten floyd damn you see how predictable he is? how easy it is for a fighter who has a good ring IQ to set traps for him
ko00 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Well said. He trained his ass off to deliver that very shot, but the open nature of the counter still takes a brave man to throw under fire. Technical brilliance combined with absolute commitment to keep looking for the jolt counter delivered spectacularly. 9 fighters out of 10 would've gone defensive at that point, yet a bloodied Marquez waited Pac to commit the error and punished for it. His G-ness is beyond words.
Absolutely. I was in a state of disappointment for a while, but the more more I think about it , and watch replays, the more my respect and admiration for what Juan did grows.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko00 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

THAT and Pacs stupidity! look the same punch that finished the fight was thrown in round 5 IN EXACTLY the same situation

Pac survived this one but didnt learn from his mistake.Marquez is brave because he knew he had to take some punishment to set manny up and win the fight what a ****ing god damn WARRIOR
Nice find mate! Marquez never stopped looking for it. He actually had closed sparring off cameras not to give away the plan, but muscle memory struck during media day. (0:30)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqcrmP6HbI4[/ame]
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

Quote:
just to add it ****ing amazes me how some people ever thought pac would have beaten floyd damn you see how predictable he is? how easy it is for a fighter who has a good ring IQ to set traps for him
No doubt Floyd would have won even when the fight was in high demand, but no way he would have committed to a punch like that under those circumstances. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its called fighting smart. Juan took a risk, and it paid off.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #10
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony80 View Post
No doubt Floyd would have won even when the fight was in high demand, but no way he would have committed to a punch like that under those circumstances. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its called fighting smart. Juan took a risk, and it paid off.
You amaze me how you always find a way to knock Floyd. Brave????? Marquez had fought the guy 3times already. Pac is predictable and easy to counter on the regular a nd this Marquez knows. Pac is just a SHITTY technical fighter period. He got hit with the same punch the round before and jumped his dumb ass right back into the same punch. Pac sucks is what the topic should be
Samski313 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #11
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
You amaze me how you always find a way to knock Floyd. Brave????? Marquez had fought the guy 3times already. Pac is predictable and easy to counter on the regular a nd this Marquez knows. Pac is just a SHITTY technical fighter period. He got hit with the same punch the round before and jumped his dumb ass right back into the same punch. Pac sucks is what the topic should be
How am I knocking Floyd? All I said is wouldn't have taken such a huge risk under those circumstances. Most fighters wouldn't!
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #12
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Load of bull. Floyd is nowhere near as brave as Marquez, at that point he would be running, not standnig taking shots and looking for the counter. Why didn't he do that against Cotto? Cotto is slow, and had his chin wide open for 6 rounds going for bodyshots, Floyd shoulder rolls and puts his guard up...

People who compare Marquez to Floyd know nothing about boxing, the only thing they have in common is they counter punch but Marquez is the best at it. Floyd is the best at not getting hit but he struggled to do that against Cotto...

Marquez is a different animal entirely with a much bigger heart
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
ko00
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Nice find mate! Marquez never stopped looking for it. He actually had closed sparring off cameras not to give away the plan, but muscle memory struck during media day. (0:30)
haha yea he doesnt throw it! Interesting to discover something like this how they worked on a certain set up to knock manny out although of course im sure it was one of many different Ideas they had.

I didnt mean to try and turn this into another pac floyd thread I was just saying that despite manny having some brilliant athletic skills in the ring, he is just too predictable for the likes of floyd and Juan
ko00 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #14
ko00
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Load of bull. Floyd is nowhere near as brave as Marquez, at that point he would be running, not standnig taking shots and looking for the counter. Why didn't he do that against Cotto? Cotto is slow, and had his chin wide open for 6 rounds going for bodyshots, Floyd shoulder rolls and puts his guard up...

People who compare Marquez to Floyd know nothing about boxing, the only thing they have in common is they counter punch but Marquez is the best at it. Floyd is the best at not getting hit but he struggled to do that against Cotto...

Marquez is a different animal entirely with a much bigger heart

I NEVER EVER compared Marquez to Floyd I was simply stating look how a simple gameplan to create a situation where they could throw that punch at manny exposed the fact you can set traps for him so easily because he doesnt adjust

JMM threw it a few times but what did manny do? NOTHING

So now to my next point we are talking about a fighter with even higher IQ than JMM in floyd... you can work out the rest as to what that means
ko00 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
herbzg
Euro-Level Athlete
ESB Senior Member

If this domestic beltholder had any bravery, he would fight the true warriors in the welterweight division:

Aslanbek Kozaev 23-0
Dmitry Mikhaylenko 14-0
Anton Novikov 26-0
Roman Belaev 9-0
Konstantin Ponomarev 18-0
Jussi Koivula 12-0
Valeriy Brazhnyk 29-0
Stefan Stevanovic 11-0
Dmytro Semernin 9-0
Timo Schwarzkopf 8-0
herbzg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum