Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

View Poll Results: Who takes the rematch?
MacDonald 12 70.59%
Condit 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit II

It looks like this fight will be happening sometime in the near future.

Quote:
Following his win at UFC on Fox 5, welterweight Rory MacDonald made it very clear that he wants a rematch with Carlos Condit for his next trip to the Octagon.

Condit and MacDonald met at UFC 115 in 2010, and while the young Canadian won the first two rounds with takedowns and ground work, the fight was decided in the final stanza.

Knowing he was down on the judges’ scorecards, Condit came out and absolutely demolished MacDonald in the third round, getting the TKO stoppage with only seven seconds left in the fight.

Ever since that moment, two things have been a constant – Rory MacDonald hasn’t lost, and he also hasn’t stopped thinking about it.

“I was just laying there getting beaten on, my face looked like I was the guy from “The Goonies” after. I was embarrassed about my performance and how I held myself,” MacDonald said at the UFC on Fox 5 post fight press conference.

“It did a lot of damage and I don’t think I’ve been the same person since, so I want to get that back.”

The UFC also seemed interested in putting the rematch together, and now Team Condit has responded as well.

MMAWeekly.com reached out to Condit’s manager Malki Kawa, who just returned home from Seattle after another of his clients, Benson Henderson, fought at UFC on Fox 5.

When asked about a potential Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald showdown, he seemed more than interested in making it happen.

“Carlos Condit doesn’t back down from any man,” said Kawa. “If the UFC asks us to fight Rory MacDonald, Carlos will take the fight.”

Following his win over B.J. Penn on Saturday, MacDonald asked to face Condit in Montreal, where he trains and lives currently. Condit actually fought MacDonald in Vancouver the first time, which is just hours away from where the young Canadian actually hails.

So for the rematch, Kawa says that if MacDonald is gunning for Condit, why not make it happen in the fight capital of the world, Las Vegas.

For now, Condit is still resting and recovering from his last fight against Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154, and the promotion has yet to officially offer him any bout.

It seems likely however with both Condit and MacDonald interested, a rematch in 2013 could very well take place.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The first fight was very competitive going into the third round, with Rory having the edge on the scorecards. The third round, Condit took over and completely dominated to the point of a late round TKO. What happens in the rematch?
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit II

Good fight. I'm going with Condit again on a hunch.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

patrick bateman(rory) takes it
blagovech is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I really need to watch more of Rory's fights. Does he have any stamina issues? I will go ahead and say MacDonald does not get caught late, and wins a decision this time over the course of 3 rounds.

The reasons I ask about his stamina are because he was stopped late in a fight he was winning early, and he let off the steam when he had Penn against the cage. I do not believe for a second that MacDonald backed off so Penn could carry on. MacDonald backed off so that he, himself, could carry on.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

I'm not the only one to make the comparison with Bateman and not Hitler...

I think Bateman is a better call...but anyways....

I had it even on MY scorecard going into the third for the first fight.

I think Rory take the win in the second fight with an UD.

There is no way he can finish Condit with either a TKO or a sub...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I really need to watch more of Rory's fights. Does he have any stamina issues? I will go ahead and say MacDonald does not get caught late, and wins a decision this time over the course of 3 rounds.

The reasons I ask about his stamina are because he was stopped late in a fight he was winning early, and he let off the steam when he had Penn against the cage. I do not believe for a second that MacDonald backed off so Penn could carry on. MacDonald backed off so that he, himself, could carry on.
His stamina seemed to be an issue in the Condit fight, yeah, but I think he has fixed it since. That fight was fought at a very high pace, and Condit is the type of guy that gets stronger the longer a fight lasts. Rory went three pretty hard fought rounds against Nate Diaz and the third round was his most dominant. I don't have an explanation for why he didn't try harder to finish Penn, but I don't think it was because he was tired, or feared becoming tired.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
His stamina seemed to be an issue in the Condit fight, yeah, but I think he has fixed it since. That fight was fought at a very high pace, and Condit is the type of guy that gets stronger the longer a fight lasts. Rory went three pretty hard fought rounds against Nate Diaz and the third round was his most dominant. I don't have an explanation for why he didn't try harder to finish Penn, but I don't think it was because he was tired, or feared becoming tired.
i think bateman was just sending a message or maybe the young psycho was just enjoying himself
Old 12-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #8
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Baby Hitler will beat Condit this time.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

alright boys we are gonna have to decide is it baby hitler or lil bateman
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

lil batemam
or baby hitler
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #11
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He;s only Hitler when he is wearing that jacket.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #12
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

And he is always Bateman soo.. !!

It derserve a poll !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #13
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I want Condit to spark him. Rory is hittable and Condit had the size and power to get his respect.

I think Rory will pace himself a little better and take a decision this time round though.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
I've watched all of Rory's fights from the Condit fight and onwards. I didn't even think he had stamina issues in that fight, and he surely didn't in the ones that followed. Condit simply broke him down, he really kicked his ass in that round.

It was evident that Rory could hurt Penn basically any time he wanted to, so I believe he decided to just let Penn go the distance. But at the same time he went on and showboated like an ass during the fight, so I don't really know what was happening in his head at the time.

I think MacDonald will be more cautious in his approach in the rematch. Still, it's a pick em fight.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #15
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Great first fight. Technical battle between two students of mma. Rory's youth showed in the later stages. It's more interesting this time round
thejokerswild is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum