Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
tom22709
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Is Alexander taking Brook as a bit of a given?

Just reading some of the DA interviews and it seems he's taking Kell a bit lightly as is his trainer Kevin Cunningham.

Stuff like "sure we'll honor the mandatory then move on" sounds a bit degrading and was just wondering your thoughts on this.

Could it be an advantage for Kell that Alexander is looking past him? or do you think it's all mindgames at this stage?

tbh i hope to god DA has got this mindset that Brook's easy work, he may be in for a bit of a surprise but in all fairness could you blame DA for thinking this way, a basic unknown coming to his backyard with a timid resume?

Thoughts
tom22709 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Is Alexander taking Brook as a bit of a given?

Like some, they realise he isn't anything near what that people make him up to be. It can be seen as an advantage, but a little one. Either way, Brook will lose.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

They don't seem to be taking him that seriously. Well, so it appears anyway. But it's hard to say from where we're sitting. They're not that easily accessable. You rarely hear from them during training.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

He most likely is the fight is in America all he has to do to avoid defeat is not get knocked out the guy gets more gifts than a spoiled brat on christmas day.
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It doesn't matter. Devon 'my eye' Alexander The Quitjob is absolute garbage and he's getting taken out with it on Jan 19th
oli is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

There is a difference between who I think will deserve the win and who will get the win
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

If they're seriously not taking Brook seriously then it'll come back and bite them on the arse. Big style. Brook is ready for a crack at world title against a genuine world class fighter. Alexander could be in for the shock of his life when he fights Kell.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Like some, they realise he isn't anything near what that people make him up to be. It can be seen as an advantage, but a little one. Either way, Brook will lose.
Pretty much. I dislike Alexander, and I think it's only a matter of time before he gets beat up again, but nobody that struggles that badly with a C-level Margarito in Carson Jones is beating Devon. I want him to win, but Kell's going to have to show me something entirely new in this fight to get the W, and I honestly don't think he has it in him. Just my opinion.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
nick_1204
Lil Floyd
ESB Full Member

Kells had good fights and is ready to step up.

Hes done 12 rounds, been in the wars, had to push and faced varied styles.

The only thing ni would have liked would be 1 more fight against a genuine world contender. Jones was ok but would have liked someone who was a little better technically to give brook something to really push him.

Still think Brook can win and i really hope he knock this prick out.
nick_1204 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
Euro Bum
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Was gonna pick brook in this but kones over the weekend has made me pick da by ko.
Euro Bum is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
Euro Bum
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jones*
Euro Bum is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
tom22709
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
If they're seriously not taking Brook seriously then it'll come back and bite them on the arse. Big style. Brook is ready for a crack at world title against a genuine world class fighter. Alexander could be in for the shock of his life when he fights Kell.
I agree and think it's pretty foolish of the DA camp if they actually believe what they're saying in the interviews
tom22709 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Everything Devon and his team say about Brook is true.

I am a big fan of Kell, but he has never faced anyone as good as Devon, not even close.

Alexander is very awkward, very quick, and id imagine, extremely annoying to face.

I am sure they are taking him seriously enough, but you cant blame them for thinking “who is this chump?”

Brook might be the real deal and I hope he is. Frankly, none of us really know for sure yet.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
Bellewlovechild
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Why is it not a given ? when limping past Carson Jones the best result on your resume its an easy task even for a massive queer like devon
Bellewlovechild is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
Pretty much. I dislike Alexander, and I think it's only a matter of time before he gets beat up again, but nobody that struggles that badly with a C-level Margarito in Carson Jones is beating Devon. I want him to win, but Kell's going to have to show me something entirely new in this fight to get the W, and I honestly don't think he has it in him. Just my opinion.
To be honest, it's not even the Jones fight that makes me think it.

Just stylistically, it's more favorable towards Alexander. Brook wishes to box at his pace all too much and if it's upped by the opponent, he struggles big time. His fight against that Argie told us absolutely nothing about this 'new conditioning' of Brook. A lot of people generally give Brook a fair chance because of how a deceiving yet fundamentally good Kotelnik really made Alexander look poor, but while Kell is exceeds Kotelnik in speed, power and has a better jab, it doesn't mean he can go and do one on Alexander.

Brook's style is totally different. His hands down 'ingle style' is going to be his downfall here. The angle's that Alexander provides, as well as pivoting the opponent when tied up and then firing off is going to be all to much for our Kell. I don't see Brook's power fazing him either. Alexander didn't flinch at Matthysse (bar the KD, which he immediately got up from), Maidana or Bailey's power.

He's got everything against him by going abroad, too. Overall, it's just against him and he will, along with the rest of these guys who are so into the hype will understand that on Jan 19th. You don't face mediocre opposition like you have been and go into a fight with Alexander, no matter how 'boring' or average people may think he is.
Lazarus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum