Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Anyone else delighted that Mayweather vs Pac talk is over

How refreshing! No more talk of that fight. I, like everyone else, was utterly sick and tired of it.
lirva is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone else delighted that Mayweather vs Pac talk is over

Sort of but I'd have really liked to see that fight 2-3 years ago.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
D-G-TheTruth
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Sort of but I'd have really liked to see that fight 2-3 years ago.
Definitely, if they were to have fought recently or in the near future neither would get credit, too many excuses would be made
D-G-TheTruth is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quite the opposite, Floyd ducked the biggest fight in modern day boxing history, & Pac was eventually dethroned by a juiced to the max Marquez.

Boxing was the big time loser here.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It will still happen. Maybe even the very next fight. I suspect another Marquez fight, and if he wins it, Mayweather will cap it all of.

But in all honesty, I was never massively interested in the fight as much as the potential of some others. I always thought it would be one sided and Mayweather would walk the fight, and end it in a similar way that Marquez did last night.

Better fights out there IMO, it would have been huge 3-4 years ago, maybe even the biggest fight ever, but it lost its appeal 1-2 years ago IMO. It would have been a big fight, but that doesnt mean the best.

Still think it will happen, I thought years ago, for the fight to happen, Pacquiao will have to lose 1 or 2 fights before the fight will be made. So dont assume that this is the end, it may just be the start.....
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Mayweather-Pac is now looking like Chavez-Camacho did. Right fight at the wrong time.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Jed Maxwell
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

As most people will probably say... 2 years ago I was gagging for it.. but even before last night I thought it was clear on Pacquiaos last couple of fights Mayweather would dominate him.. and win confortably...
Jed Maxwell is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

The talk of Pacquaio/Mayweather stops, and the talk of giving Mayweather credit for other peoples victories reaches a crescendo.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This morning a mate of mine said to me that Pac will need to win a title again so he can get a fight with Mayweather. People are still talking about that fight, but personally I gave up on it 2 years ago. Got sick of all the will they won't they and I just stopped reading any articles, watching any interviews etc regarding that fight. Absolute ****ing disgrace that this fight didn't happen, and it's one of the things I despise about this sport. Only in boxing. If it happens now? The gloss has been taken off, and it's not the same. Pac is not done at the highest level. He was looking dangerous against Marquez, but despite this I do feel he's on the slide. More flat footed, not as quick. Mayweather also seems more flat footed but I feel his style is less susceptible to the effects of age.

Boxing has survived without Pac and May, and will continue to do so. What if you thought you were going to meet up with some fit bird, and she kept flaking on you. "Oh I'm busy, maybe next week". Like some pathetic man you kept waiting. Every phone call, every text and facebook message got you excited. This was the boxing fan. "Oh look, there's an article on the scene with Bob Arum saying the fight could happen next summer!".

2 years later the bitch is still saying the same thing "I'm busy, but maybe next month we could hook up". Let it go man. let it go. It's not gonna happen, and even if it does, I won't be able to get it up. Bitch has probably put on 30lbs in those 2 years anyway. That's this fight. **** it.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

double post
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i think boxing as a whole has definitely suffered and lost a lot of respect because the fight didnt happen.

people now dont even expect the big fights to be made. you had people saying degale and groves shouldnt be fighting, when both learned and developed in huge amounts by fighting each other. people saying price and fury shouldnt fight etc. its like people now accept boxing politics and dont even expect the big fights to be made. when a fighter says he wants to fight X fighter, it means nothing.

very few froches out there
lirva is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Anyone think Mayweather has slipped a fair bit as well? Or did Cotto get old overnight before fighting Trout?
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Mayweather is clearly not the same fighter he was in the lower weights. His legs are not far from being 'gone' imo. One of the reasons he very smartly put more strength on and walks people down with a high guard. But his 'slippage' is also at a slower rate and not as advanced as other fighters, because he's more cerebral and fights with a different style than fighters like Pacquaio, who fight more high octane therefore being hit more and aging a lot quicker and has a style that lends itself to that.

Also i think Cotto was given too much credit for that Mayweather performance. It was partly because Mayweather was static for large periods, which gave the impression that Cotto was doing better than he really was.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 65348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Quite the opposite, Floyd ducked the biggest fight in modern day boxing history, & Pac was eventually dethroned by a juiced to the max Marquez.

Boxing was the big time loser here.
Thats what you think. Both camps have did some ducking including bob arum so floyd is not a direct blame.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Slip,

I actually think Mayweather carried Cotto for the last few rounds. I'd be worried f he didn't because Cotto was there to be tee-d off on.
macho_grande is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum