Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Round1gymDC
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Why is Pacquaio still in your top 5 P4P?

Analyzing Pac's last 3 fights. They were fighters who had to move up in weight to face him. I had him losing 2 out of the 3 fights. If you're bringing guys up in weight and you're not beating them convincingly (minus Bradley) you can't be in the top 3 fighter out. I also thinking getting KO badly has to take you out the top 5.

Just wondering how people still have Pac in their top 5 P4P list. I would like for you to make your argument. Nothing personal it's all fantasy shit anyway.

I had Pac at 5 before this fight. My list looked like this.

Floyd
Ward
Martinez
Marquez
Pac

Now....

Floyd
Ward
Marquez
Martinez
Donaire
Round1gymDC is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1728
Default Re: Why is Pacquaio still in your top 5 P4P?

He actually looked great in that fight before the KO. Lets see Marquez beat someone not named Pac at 147. Who else has Marquez beat to be higher than Pac. Pac beat Bradley in my eyes. Martinez is not higher than Pac either. Ward? He's great a fighter for sure. I still have Pac top 5. He got KTFO, but not made to look like a bum, he actually fought really well and was winning handily.
Babality is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

he's not..
megavolt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Round1gymDC
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Smart man
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
C.J.
Boxings Own Living Legend
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round1gymDC View Post
Analyzing Pac's last 3 fights. They were fighters who had to move up in weight to face him. I had him losing 2 out of the 3 fights. If you're bringing guys up in weight and you're not beating them convincingly (minus Bradley) you can't be in the top 3 fighter out. I also thinking getting KO badly has to take you out the top 5.

Just wondering how people still have Pac in their top 5 P4P list. I would like for you to make your argument. Nothing personal it's all fantasy shit anyway.

I had Pac at 5 before this fight. My list looked like this.

Floyd
Ward
Martinez
Marquez
Pac

Now....

Floyd
Ward
Marquez
Martinez
Donaire
Pacman belongs in top five The part that I dont understand is Punk Mayweather #1 WQhats he done recently except cold **** a defenceless opponent like the street punk he is
C.J. is online now  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
Round1gymDC
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
Pacman belongs in top five The part that I dont understand is Punk Mayweather #1 WQhats he done recently except cold **** a defenceless opponent like the street punk he is

feel free to rearrange the list. I had him behind Martinez before the Cotto fight @ 154

I give credit to anybody who moves up in weight and wins a title
Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

I'm not sure why he shouldn't be

He was top 5 before he lost to Marquez in their third fight, and since then has beaten undefeated p4p fighter Timothy Bradley, and lost to marquez again (who I had number 2 anyway)

A loss to a p4p fighter (who was arguably higher than you anyway) doesn remove you from the top 5
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
NeckBreaknAiken
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 700

I think you have to be pretty silly to keep Pac in the Top 5.

He has never looked good as of late at 147. Bradley never was top 20 in my opinion so his controversial loss to him doesn't do much to help Pac, regardless of how you scored the fight.

There is no way he belongs above Floyd, Martinez, Ward, Donaire, and especially Marquez. You can't just ****ing overlook the results of what just happened because Pac was looking good before the KO. KO's happen, and a lot of times, the guy who gets KO'd was "looking good before it happened."

He's still a great fighter, but he doesn;t belong in the Top 5 right now, in my opinion.
NeckBreaknAiken is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeckBreaknAiken View Post
Bradley never was top 20 in my opinion so his controversial loss to him doesn't do much to help Pac, regardless of how you scored the fight.
???????

He was the man at 140 before moving up to fight Pac. Bradley's higher than Ward.
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Round1gymDC
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
I'm not sure why he shouldn't be

He was top 5 before he lost to Marquez in their third fight, and since then has beaten undefeated p4p fighter Timothy Bradley, and lost to marquez again (who I had number 2 anyway)

A loss to a p4p fighter (who was arguably higher than you anyway) doesn remove you from the top 5

It does when he moved up and beat you. PAC was a full 147 pounder Marquez wasn't. If you move a guy up and get ko you should be dropped out top 5
Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
NeckBreaknAiken
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
???????

He was the man at 140 before moving up to fight Pac. Bradley's higher than Ward.

That ni99a is trash. Period. Always has been, always will be. And for the record Pac cut his motha****in ass... thoroughly.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

He lost his top 5 position in the 3rd Marquez fight. Too many people here basing their rankings on popularity this isn't a popularity contest there are more deserving fighters busting their chops beating the cream of the crop. I still think Jmm and Manny pretty evenly matched, but Jmm is still slightly the better of the 2. Drew once, beat Pacman by decision twice, and finally erased doubts by koing a superb berserker version of Manny Marquez did what Floyd and other welterweights were supposed to do, but havent or couldnt. Based on Manny's performance, tho he lost, he looked better than he has in years. I'm still deliberating if Floyd should still be #1 or Jmm should, but for now Jmm does deserve it. And Manny being top 5 I wouldnt fully agree when he lost 3 straight IMO, but 2 were clearly to the same fighter about a year from one another.

1. Jmm
2. Floyd
3. Martinez
4. Ward
5. Mares/Donaire
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 250

Mayweather
Marquez
Donaire
Ward
Sergio
Wladimir
Pacquiao*
Bradley
Vitali
Froch

Still undecided on where Pac falls. Maybe behind Bradley, honestly...
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
NeckBreaknAiken
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
He lost his top 5 position in the 3rd Marquez fight. Too many people here basing their rankings on popularity this isn't a popularity contest there are more deserving fighters busting their chops beating the cream of the crop. I still think Jmm and Manny pretty evenly matched, but Jmm is still slightly the better of the 2. Drew once, beat Pacman by decision twice, and finally erased doubts by koing a superb berserker version of Manny Marquez did what Floyd and other welterweights were supposed to do, but havent or couldnt. Based on Manny's performance, tho he lost, he looked better than he has in years. I'm still deliberating if Floyd should still be #1 or Jmm should, but for now Jmm does deserve it. And Manny being top 5 I wouldnt fully agree when he lost 3 straight IMO, but 2 were clearly to the same fighter about a year from one another.

1. Jmm
2. Floyd
3. Martinez
4. Ward
5. Mares/Donaire
Very reasonable list.

I would put ward above Martinez though.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Whats surprising is that Viloria isnt in the top 10. I didnt even see him in the top 15 on espns list.

Now what does a fighter need to do? The guys beaten everyone.
chimba is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum