Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

He's still going to get knocked out because he's a bum. At least, I hope he gets knocked out of his boots.
True_Hero is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Andre Ward is all about timing and technique he has been born and taught that way from day one. In a way, he IS timing and technique.

Amir Khan is all about full throttle with no regard for defence he has been born and taught that way from day one. In a way, he IS a careless fighter.

I said few weeks back that if he cant improve and change his spots under Virgil Hunter, he is finished.

Personally, I dont think its timing and tehcnique Khan drastically needs, what he drastically needs is a new mentality and brain. Which will breed fighting common sense. Only he can change that and how it functions in a 200mph fight.

My opinion is that he will win a couple of fight and look alright showing signs of improvement, then he will rematch Garcia, and it will be the same all over again. He isnt going to change over night and become a defensive god, and hard punches are going to land down the line, do you honestly think he is going to be able to take those and remain clear headed?

Like Brenny said, he is pivoting away and not going directly backwards, but it all looks new to him, it doesnt look natural to me, so i doubt in this 1st fight you are going to see wholesale changes, because doing it looking funny in training, doesnt mean he is going to execute in the pressure of a real fight.....we know what Amir Khans mechanism is. We've seen it time and time again.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #18
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Hero View Post
He's still going to get knocked out because he's a bum. At least, I hope he gets knocked out of his boots.
Please do us all a favour, take your well honed analytical skills and walk onto the M1 blindfolded
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
billy boy balbo
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: scotland
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

lucky he didnt get knocked out at 6.12 in the 2nd vid
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,341
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Please do us all a favour, take your well honed analytical skills and walk onto the M1 blindfolded
The way that it's been lately he'd manage to get across no problem

The number of hours I've wasted in recent weeks sat either on there or on the 62 is ridiculous.

Preston tomorrow
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #21
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London U.K
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Andre Ward is all about timing and technique he has been born and taught that way from day one. In a way, he IS timing and technique.

Amir Khan is all about full throttle with no regard for defence he has been born and taught that way from day one. In a way, he IS a careless fighter.

I said few weeks back that if he cant improve and change his spots under Virgil Hunter, he is finished.

Personally, I dont think its timing and tehcnique Khan drastically needs, what he drastically needs is a new mentality and brain. Which will breed fighting common sense. Only he can change that and how it functions in a 200mph fight.

My opinion is that he will win a couple of fight and look alright showing signs of improvement, then he will rematch Garcia, and it will be the same all over again. He isnt going to change over night and become a defensive god, and hard punches are going to land down the line, do you honestly think he is going to be able to take those and remain clear headed?

Like Brenny said, he is pivoting away and not going directly backwards, but it all looks new to him, it doesnt look natural to me, so i doubt in this 1st fight you are going to see wholesale changes, because doing it looking funny in training, doesnt mean he is going to execute in the pressure of a real fight.....we know what Amir Khans mechanism is. We've seen it time and time again.
I would go as far as Khan's problems are 70% temperament and 30% defence, If the temperament issue can be addressed than most of Khan's problems would be under control.

Khan finds himself open to get hit, but why is he there in the firts place? situations can be avoided in the first place by thinking about what he is doing in the ring and what it could lead to.

I think if we can see changes in his approach on Sat then its a good start, changing his technique and improving his overall skillset in defence will take time.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #22
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
I would go as far as Khan's problems are 70% temperament and 30% defence, If the temperament issue can be addressed than most of Khan's problems would be under control.

Khan finds himself open to get hit, but why is he there in the firts place? situations can be avoided in the first place by thinking about what he is doing in the ring and what it could lead to.

I think if we can see changes in his approach on Sat then its a good start, changing his technique and improving his overall skillset in defence will take time.

he is retiring in 24 months acorrding to khan not much time left
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #23
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London U.K
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishwarrior View Post
[/size]
he is retiring in 24 months acorrding to khan not much time left
Yeah lets wait and see.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #24
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishwarrior View Post
[/size]
he is retiring in 24 months acorrding to khan not much time left
Who is?
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #25
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

I like it when he slows it down, stays in position, keeps his defence tight and lets the shots go BUT then you see him bounce up and down and you know the herky jerky, speedy gonzalez bullshit creeps back into him as that is what comes naturally. Even when he is shadow boxing he continously needs to step off because he falls out of position. He wants to use athleticism to cover up his technical flaws.

Too often fighters work on something on the pads but its not really drilled into them as the main place to drill something is in sparring and pro boxers rarely do enough sparring because they are scared of the mileage.

Hatton did all the Mayweather pads but come fight time it was the same old Ricky.

Even the pad work for show looks to have some direction but you never know if he has drilled it enough for it to be natural.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #26
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Another thing I noticed to. He seems a lot slower when shadowing.

Maybe he will pace himself a lot more? Using his brain on when to commit and when not? Ive always said if Khan made the best of the tools he has, he would be a very dangerous fighter. But the fact is, he hasnt got a brain or common sense to use the tools! He has a long reach, wide upperbody, fast hands, fast feet.

If only he could put it all together.....
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #27
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kings Cross
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Working on his pivots a lot more, especially in the drill where Hunter walk towards him and Khan works on pivoting, throwing off that and reclaiming the centre.

One other thing is really establishing range, which coems with the pivots. A few times even in shadow boxing he held his left arm out, to stop the opponent closing in as opposed to trading. I think the open arm appraoch is better for a taller fighter than his old apprach of having his hands high and circling.
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #28
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London U.K
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFFC View Post
Working on his pivots a lot more, especially in the drill where Hunter walk towards him and Khan works on pivoting, throwing off that and reclaiming the centre.

One other thing is really establishing range, which coems with the pivots. A few times even in shadow boxing he held his left arm out, to stop the opponent closing in as opposed to trading. I think the open arm appraoch is better for a taller fighter than his old apprach of having his hands high and circling.
Should work vs Molina who is 5'6
Darni187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Who is?
khan acorrding to khan
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #30
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan Full Media Workout

As AnthonyW pointed out in the General, you can also see him varying the speed of his punches on the mitts. We all know one of his many flaws is fighting at one pace throughout and being painfully predictable.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013