Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #91
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 3 DAYS TO GO! - BEHIND THE ROPES SS1 7PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Bum View Post
Thats khabib Allakhverdev u retard. Hes a top 140 lber and a world champ who just knocked out guzman. Do u even watch any other boxing? Fix up.
Do I watch any other boxing?

A lot more than you, son.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #92
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 3 DAYS TO GO! - BEHIND THE ROPES SS1 7PM

and you still thought khabib allakhverdiev was a druggy?? whats wrong with you?? why are you trying to impress the goras on the brit forum with you're coconut white wannabe ways.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #93
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

Stop fighting you two
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #94
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
I want to see the Angulo sparring
ellie sechback had a video a few weeks ago with Angulo, where he asked him about sparring khan. let's just say he appeared to trying to be polite and just said he gave khan all he could handle and made it really difficult with him.

Couple this with Virgils little chuckle at the end of the behind the ropes audio, and it seems khan had to deal with a lot of pressure.

don't think it wasas bad as some people who predicted perro would KO khan at sparring. The usual stuff you get after a khan KO.
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #95
Wubbleyou

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeside View Post
Who is khans trainer, like this guy

He's Virgil Hunter. Trainer of the year. Also Andre Ward's trainer.
Wubbleyou is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 AM   #96
charlstonbigspu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The thing is when Khan gets hit he will revert to his old ways in some form or other.

That's why it's key IMO to be in the gym as often as possible so everything he learns becomes as ingrained as it can.

It will take 2-3 fights if we are gonna see proper improvements and even then he will most likely slip into old ways at times, it's just his natural way that can never be fully removed.
charlstonbigspu is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #97
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Thing is, Khan never used to be a slugger, so he can box when he wants to. When he first went with Roach, he focused more on hands up as well as boxing smart. That all went downhill during the Peterson fight. Khan is not a slugger and I'm positive he knows how to box smart, because he's shown he can do it in the past. So when people say "He will revert back to his old ways" he's only been recently slugging because of the "bad chin" accusations, but he knows himself that this fight is his last chance, so only he can **** it up now by boxing stupid.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #98
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
He called himself a king before he was a prince.....the writing was on the wall.
Hahahaha.....Thats as dumb as criticising Demetrice King for calling himself King
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #99
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

Virgil Hunter reminds me of Adam Booth for some reason, quite a few people seem to think their arrogant, but I think they just don't care about what people think about them and would rather get on with helping their fighters. Hunter seems a very good trainer and if he can't remove Khan's head from his arse nobody will
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #100
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
Virgil Hunter reminds me of Adam Booth for some reason, quite a few people seem to think their arrogant, but I think they just don't care about what people think about them and would rather get on with helping their fighters. Hunter seems a very good trainer and if he can't remove Khan's head from his arse nobody will
I agree. From all of the interviews I've seen on him about Khan and snippets of last night's Behind the Ropes, he's making all the right noises and taking the correct approach. The rest really is down to Khan. If he can't make things work with him, then no trainer out there can help improve him. Last chance saloon.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #101
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Khan will do NOTHING with Hunter.

Fact is, teaching him to be more crafty and negative will not work because Khan is thick as two ****ing thick planks.

Of course it'll work against a smaller, feather fisted fighter who isn't very good.

Let's see Khan against a live opponent again. He'll fall to bits. Amir is using Floyd as his template, but fact is Khan is nowhere near as talented, poised or flat out hard as Floyd is.

I found the Behind The Ropes show embarrassing to be honest.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #102
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
and you still thought khabib allakhverdiev was a druggy?? whats wrong with you?? why are you trying to impress the goras on the brit forum with you're coconut white wannabe ways.
why the **** were you pretending to be a black guy from Kenya? You ****ing weirdo.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #103
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
Thing is, Khan never used to be a slugger, so he can box when he wants to. When he first went with Roach, he focused more on hands up as well as boxing smart. That all went downhill during the Peterson fight. Khan is not a slugger and I'm positive he knows how to box smart, because he's shown he can do it in the past. So when people say "He will revert back to his old ways" he's only been recently slugging because of the "bad chin" accusations, but he knows himself that this fight is his last chance, so only he can **** it up now by boxing stupid.
He has ALWAYS been a, well, not a 'slugger' but he's never done that anyway. He didn't 'slug it out' with Peterson, Lamont was closing the distance and pressurising him and Amir was too shit to do anything else but get beat up.

Khan ALWAYS blitzed people with pure handspeed with little thought of defence. Watch him at the Olympics. He was NOT a pure boxer.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #104
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Virgil Hunter was pretty impressive i thought

Khan was making so many mistakes it was unreal. If anything its remarkable hes got as far as he has with those flaws.

One thing concerned me was Khan continually nodding with Hunter. I really got the impresssion he wasnt really listening. Trying moves to impress Hunter that were contradicting what he had just told him.

I hope he can learn and mature and improve
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #105
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Exactly. He just isn't good enough! He's over achieved already.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum