Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #106
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 3 DAYS TO GO! - BEHIND THE ROPES SS1 7PM

Predictions for the fight gentlemen?

Im going Khan UD
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #107
B.A
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 3 DAYS TO GO! - BEHIND THE ROPES SS1 7PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Khan will do NOTHING with Hunter.

Fact is, teaching him to be more crafty and negative will not work because Khan is thick as two ****ing thick planks.

Of course it'll work against a smaller, feather fisted fighter who isn't very good.

Let's see Khan against a live opponent again. He'll fall to bits. Amir is using Floyd as his template, but fact is Khan is nowhere near as talented, poised or flat out hard as Floyd is.

I found the Behind The Ropes show embarrassing to be honest.
I knew it would be, so I didn't watch it.

Having a build up show for such a shit mismatch is daft.
B.A is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #108
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Khan will do NOTHING with Hunter.

Fact is, teaching him to be more crafty and negative will not work because Khan is thick as two ****ing thick planks.

Of course it'll work against a smaller, feather fisted fighter who isn't very good.

Let's see Khan against a live opponent again. He'll fall to bits. Amir is using Floyd as his template, but fact is Khan is nowhere near as talented, poised or flat out hard as Floyd is.

I found the Behind The Ropes show embarrassing to be honest.
Come on, that's just being ignorant. That's just a lot of personal feelings on your end, but I'm sure if Hunter felt that way, he wouldn't have bothered.

I don't see any 'Floyd template' here at all, if you're going by what you saw on BTR. He was clearly learning something and that was by what we see, a clip that shows us barely anything, and I don't quite understand how it's embarrassing.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #109
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Khan will stop him late on, probably from body shots. I wouldnt have said behind the ropes was embarassing he just came over really eager in the small sections we saw with Hunter.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #110
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I ain't watched no press conference or nothing. Its a bullshit fight. Khan can't handle real fighters !
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #111
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Come on, that's just being ignorant. That's just a lot of personal feelings on your end, but I'm sure if Hunter felt that way, he wouldn't have bothered.

I don't see any 'Floyd template' here at all, if you're going by what you saw on BTR. He was clearly learning something and that was by what we see, a clip that shows us barely anything, and I don't quite understand how it's embarrassing.
Personal feelings?! Get ****ed! That's your personal feelings assuming any negativity towards Khan can't possibly be boxing related. Ignorant? Moi? Again, get ****ed Laz, thought we were past this!

He isn't that good, get over it. This fight is a joke, again, get over it. Still love you though!

'Floyd template' I don't mean stylistically, althogh it's clear to see Amor was referring to Floyd's more negative displays. And I stand by it; Khan does not have the ability or intelligence to morph into a negative stylist.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #112
bigboxingfan
Hypejob
ESB Senior Member

Flea I think you are right. Some things that Hunter was teaching Khan seemed so alien and confusing to him. Not just the technique and skills, but also the mentality to execute a negative style.

But Khan is at least trying to give himself the best chance of achieving in this sport so good luck to him......
bigboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #113
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboxingfan View Post
Flea I think you are right. Some things that Hunter was teaching Khan seemed so alien and confusing to him. Not just the technique and skills, but also the mentality to execute a negative style.

But Khan is at least trying to give himself the best chance of achieving in this sport so good luck to him......
Mhm. Virgil's got his work cut out. I don't think Khan's gonna' look that good this Saturday (improvements/changes wise), and once he's back in there with a decent opponent, he'll revert back to the normal Amir we know.

But on the positive side, he's picked a trainer who's taking a hard-line approach in correcting his flaws. That move, at least, as been a good one.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #114
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Im still not convinced that Khan can follow a game plan whether it be offensive or defensive.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #115
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Yes lads, this is my line of thinking.

These are my personal feelings now; I want him to fail miserably from now on

Won't be this handpicked sham of a fight though.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #116
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Personal feelings?! Get ****ed! That's your personal feelings assuming any negativity towards Khan can't possibly be boxing related. Ignorant? Moi? Again, get ****ed Laz, thought we were past this!

He isn't that good, get over it. This fight is a joke, again, get over it. Still love you though!

'Floyd template' I don't mean stylistically, althogh it's clear to see Amor was referring to Floyd's more negative displays. And I stand by it; Khan does not have the ability or intelligence to morph into a negative stylist.
Son of a..

I reckon Molina's a lot tougher of a cookie than you imagine.

We shall see! I see from that point of view, but I can see the chance of him becoming more technically sound. Time will tell, and when I'm right (as always, I must say ), be sure to drop me a tweet.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #117
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Son of a..

I reckon Molina's a lot tougher of a cookie than you imagine.

We shall see! I see from that point of view, but I can see the chance of him becoming more technically sound. Time will tell, and when I'm right (as always, I must say ), be sure to drop me a tweet.
You know me; I roll with evidence.

Watched a bit of him. Completely unspectacular.

Padded record. Barely fought anyone of note.

Smaller. Can't punch.

Hopefully you see why I'm completely underwhelmed.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #118
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
Thing is, Khan never used to be a slugger, so he can box when he wants to. When he first went with Roach, he focused more on hands up as well as boxing smart. That all went downhill during the Peterson fight. Khan is not a slugger and I'm positive he knows how to box smart, because he's shown he can do it in the past. So when people say "He will revert back to his old ways" he's only been recently slugging because of the "bad chin" accusations, but he knows himself that this fight is his last chance, so only he can **** it up now by boxing stupid.
This..
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #119
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 3 DAYS TO GO! - BEHIND THE ROPES SS1 3PM TODAY

The stuff we saw on the ropes was 3 weeks into a 8 week camp so of course you see a Khan having some trouble taking the new stuff in.

People can say what they want, Khan does have the ability to box safe, its just going to take time for him to fully become custom to that mindset and mode, but we should see signs of this happening sat night.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #120
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
You know me; I roll with evidence.

Watched a bit of him. Completely unspectacular.

Padded record. Barely fought anyone of note.

Smaller. Can't punch.

Hopefully you see why I'm completely underwhelmed.
And to be fair, exactly the sort of mid ranged opponent that 99% of all fighters who have been sparked out in their previous contest would pick for their next fight
icemax is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum