Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #61
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: Now who's the leader of their generation: Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Pacquiao fans are insufferable. Their buffoonish behavior and constant excuse making makes it hard to separate the man, who's a spectacular fighter, from his idiot fans. Pacquiao hasn't faced better competition. He's faced the same competition, and has often faced them after Floyd's beaten them.
Don't you have another thread going in the lounge RIGHT NOW about how you don't know much about boxing and prefer MMA? Oh yes, you will make a perfect Flomo indeed.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #62
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Find Manny's fight record. Start at 2003 and go backwards. Speaks for itself.
How would you know which of his opponents are legitimate and which aren't, when in your own words..

Quote:
Like most boxing viewers, I only watch boxing when there's a high-profile fight. If Mayweather or Pacquiao aren't headlining, then I couldn't care less about what's going on in the world of boxing. .
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #63
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
How would you know which of his opponents are legitimate and which aren't, when in your own words..

Edmund Enting Ignacio, Panomdej Ohyuthanakorn, Chokchai Chockvivat are world-beaters, brah. Future HOFs.
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #64
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Edmund Enting Ignacio, Panomdej Ohyuthanakorn, Chokchai Chockvivat are world-beaters, brah. Future HOFs.
Really, though, don't you feel embarrassed to be even pretending any knowledge of who's who in the sport given when you wrote just above?

Fact of the matter is, all you've been doing is "boxrec-ing", which makes you a total disgrace.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #65
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Don't you have another thread going in the lounge RIGHT NOW about how you don't know much about boxing and prefer MMA? Oh yes, you will make a perfect Flomo indeed.
Means I'm unbiased and not emotionally invested and don't use childish, borderline-homophobic epithets to defend or demean fighters.

I prefer MMA, yes, but I'm aware of what's what in boxing.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #66
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
Even though he has arguably lost the last three fights, Pacman still has the better resume.

But Mayweather is undefeated and would probably school Pac.

Who's the best of that generation?
It's still Pacquiao.

Look, it was MARQUEZ who knocked out Pacquiao, NOT Mayweather. A lot of you guys are acting as if Floyd crawled up inside of Juan's body and landed that right hand. Bottom line - Floyd never had the balls to fight Pacquiao (or Casamayor, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Martinez, a prime Cotto, etc) so his entire career is definied with "would have", "could have" and worst of all - "if".

In terms of ATG p4p rankings, accomlishments, etc - it's Pac>May
Montero is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #67
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Really, though, don't you feel embarrassed to be even pretending any knowledge of who's who in the sport given when you wrote just above?

Fact of the matter is, all you've been doing is "boxrec-ing", which makes you a total disgrace.
Call it what you want, but at the end of the day, you know I'm right. It's often said that Floyd fought cans, but I don't see a litany of Atomweight bums on his record.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #68
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
It’s hard to say because both fighters have brought something different to the table which has taken them to the top. Mayweather has his pure unrivalled boxing ability which has made him the favourite against nearly all of his opposition (past, present and future), and Pacquiao has the best resume in the sport with spectacular wins and the most fan friendly style out there. History will probably remember Pacquiao in a more positive light because underdogs who proved everyone wrong tend to be appreciated more. Mayweather is too skilled for his own good and unfortunately has never been giving the same opportunities Pacquiao has had to ‘shock’ the world. He’s always been the favourite and expected to win.
This is why I think comparing fighters' careers is comparing apples and oranges.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #69
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
JMM or PBF.

How can you have Pac considered for that when he has lost 4 times against JMM. If JMM had gotten the nod those times he would be considered p4p number 1 or 2.

People acting like JMM has only beat Pac once...
official record has it 2-1-1 i agree it should be something like 3-1 though but thats not what it will say in the history books
alakran is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #70
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

It depends on how you define greatness.

Pac will always be the fighter who gave the fans exciting fights although he wasn't the greatest technically.

Mayweather will always be remembered as the most technically proficient fighter of his era, but his career, like Montero said, is a big "what if" when it comes to big fights.

Both were great in their own way. As a fan, I will watch Pac fights for years to come. If I'm a trainer, I'll have my students watch Mayweather, though.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #71
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Call it what you want, but at the end of the day, you know I'm right. It's often said that Floyd fought cans, but I don't see a litany of Atomweight bums on his record.
Tell me what Floyd's first legitimate win was on his record.. and how many fights in it was. This should be interesting, since according to you:

Quote:
Like most boxing viewers, I only watch boxing when there's a high-profile fight. If Mayweather or Pacquiao aren't headlining, then I couldn't care less about what's going on in the world of boxing. .
Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #72
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
It's still Pacquiao.

Look, it was MARQUEZ who knocked out Pacquiao, NOT Mayweather. A lot of you guys are acting as if Floyd crawled up inside of Juan's body and landed that right hand. Bottom line - Floyd never had the balls to fight Pacquiao (or Casamayor, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Martinez, a prime Cotto, etc) so his entire career is definied with "would have", "could have" and worst of all - "if".

Pacquiao himself only fought two of the guys you named.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #73
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Tell me what Floyd's first legitimate win was on his record.. and how many fights in it was. This should be interesting, since according to you:
He started fighting legitimate opponents two years after turning pro.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #74
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
It's still Pacquiao.

who are these people that were "acting" as if it was Floyd. That is all dreamt up by insecure Pactards.

Floyd Fans doesn't need JMM to KO pac to think that Floyd would win against Pac. It wasn't their first Rodeo. Everytime Pac fights JMM he gets embrassed.

And you accusing Floyd scare of the list you provided is flat out low. To say Floyd is scare of Casamayor? you will throw any name in there and add Floyd scare won't u.

You should know that Oscar > Margo
You should know that it was Cotto, Kostya, Hamed, Casyamayor who didn't want to fight Floyd.

And i don't see you bitching about pac being scare of Williams and Martinez just shows how bias u r.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #75
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
Even though he has arguably lost the last three fights, Pacman still has the better resume.

But Mayweather is undefeated and would probably school Pac.
Floyd's resume is better.

Floyd was on top of the sport before Pac and now after Pac.

/thread
bjl12 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum