boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #91
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Now who's the leader of their generation: Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Are you going to answer the question or not? What was floyd's first legitimate opponent, and how many fights in was it?

Manny won the WBC Flyweight title from Sasakul in 1998, three years after turning pro. That pretty legitimate.
Less than half of the bums Manny Pacquiao padded his record with, and it only lasted two years. I'm not naming someone specific just so you can discredit them, but they have good win/loss ratio.

The bulk of his opponents back then were bums.
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #92
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Pacquiao himself only fought two of the guys you named.
Ugh...

Come on man, when Casamayor was quality, Pac wasn't even a full FW. When Tszyu was the best JWW, Pac wasn't even a LW yet. Pac faced the best at the weights he was fighting at - that's the point I was trying to make.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #93
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side VIP

vCash: 248

Quote:
Less than half of the bums Manny Pacquiao padded his record with, and it only lasted two years. I'm not naming someone specific just so you can discredit them, but they have good win/loss ratio.

The bulk of his opponents back then were bums.
Thanks for playing "You don't know **** about boxing"
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #94
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Thanks for playing "You don't know **** about boxing"
*against credible opponents with names, titles, and good win rates as well.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #95
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side VIP

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
Ugh...

Come on man, when Casamayor was quality, Pac wasn't even a full FW. When Tszyu was the best JWW, Pac wasn't even a LW yet. Pac faced the best at the weights he was fighting at - that's the point I was trying to make.
I've enjoyed humiliating this kid who is admittedly not a boxing fan in his own words, but it's honestly a waste of time. Fun while it lasted, though.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #96
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 104601

Quote:
I mean, honestly:

Bruseles, Gatti, Mitchell and a Judah just coming off a loss to Baldomir is not exactly an ATG stretch on your resume.
And what does Manny got on his resume? the billybobs of the philipinnes?

1 track mind.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #97
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Ugh...

Same applies to Floyd Mayweather with certain fighters.

So from Flyweight to Featherweight, Pacquiao faced a murderers row of the best in his respective division? Not seeing it.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #98
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I've enjoyed humiliating this kid who is admittedly not a boxing fan in his own words, but it's honestly a waste of time. Fun while it lasted, though.
The Pacquiao era is over. I'm sorry.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #99
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Floyd Mayweather forever and ever, Marquez > Pacman.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #100
Tekniqs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mayweather has always been the leader in my eyes

Pac might have put in the more eye pleasing performances, but May would have beaten every opposition Pac has had.
Tekniqs is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #101
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
who are these people that were "acting" as if it was Floyd. That is all dreamt up by insecure Pac****s.
Have you been living under a rock? Only seconds after last Saturday's knock out, there were videos of the KO posted on WSHH. Floyd fans were saying "see I told ya!" all over FB, Twitter, etc. A lot of Floyd **** riders were using this KO as validation for their boy never stepping up.

Quote:
And you accusing Floyd scare of the list you provided is flat out low. To say Floyd is scare of Casamayor? you will throw any name in there and add Floyd scare won't u.
I never said Floyd was "scared" to face Casamayor, I was merely naming some fighters he conveniently found ways to not fight. These were quality boxers, in the divisions Floyd was fighting in at the time, that he did not fight, period. Everybody has "what ifs" and grey area on their resume, but Floyd's career is litered with them.

Quote:
And i don't see you *****ing about pac being scare of Williams and Martinez just shows how bias u r.
It's a little different with Pacquiao, who just recently moved up to the WW division. Mayweather has been fighting at WW for YEARS. While there were guys like Cotto, Margo, etc around, Floyd was fighting Baldomir.

I'm not being biased, I'm merely giving the reasons that I feel gives Pacquiao a higher p4p ATG ranking. Obviously, things could change over the next year or so. IF Floyd steps up and destroys somebody like Sergio Martinez, that goes a long way. But we all know Floyd will face Guerrero in May, then Canelo in the fall.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #102
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Same applies to Floyd Mayweather with certain fighters.

So from Flyweight to Featherweight, Pacquiao faced a murderers row of the best in his respective division? Not seeing it.
Thats cause they do not know ****. When people bust the Pac bubble to just turn the other way. Ignorant.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #103
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Have you been living under a rock? Only seconds after last Saturday's knock out, there were videos of the KO posted on WSHH. Floyd fans were saying "see I told ya!" all over FB, Twitter, etc. A lot of Floyd **** riders were using this KO as validation for their boy never stepping up.

I never said Floyd was "scared" to face Casamayor, I was merely naming some fighters he conveniently found ways to not fight. These were quality boxers, in the divisions Floyd was fighting in at the time, that he did not fight, period. Everybody has "what ifs" and grey area on their resume, but Floyd's career is litered with them.

It's a little different with Pacquiao, who just recently moved up to the WW division. Mayweather has been fighting at WW for YEARS. While there were guys like Cotto, Margo, etc around, Floyd was fighting Baldomir.

I'm not being biased, I'm merely giving the reasons that I feel gives Pacquiao a higher p4p ATG ranking. Obviously, things could change over the next year or so. IF Floyd steps up and destroys somebody like Sergio Martinez, that goes a long way. But we all know Floyd will face Guerrero in May, then Canelo in the fall.
I must be living under a rock. For every one statement that you accuse Floyd fans have said. I guarentee you i'll find 5 insecure fans screaming is not FLoyd who did it.

Yea i get it. Everyone that Floyd didn't fight is "conveniently ducked" anymore 1 track minded excuses?

Floyd and Manny's natural weight are basically the same. They both started boxing at 106 when they are 16 and both too small for JMW but you act like Floyd is way bigger.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #104
tonys333
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 185

i like both fighters pac has the best resume floyd has that 0 we would have knowing for sure if they had fought each other but its hard to tell both of them are great fighters an champions an both will go down as all time greats but many things can still happen pac could come back an have a strong end to his career with wins against bradley an rios or marquez an floyd could finish his career strong with wins aginst canelo an maybe trout but as one poster said on here last week an i think it would be a great idea a ppv called end of a generation with pac against floyd an jmm vs cotto an maybe canelo vs trout would be the best selling ppv ever imo.
tonys333 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #105
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
43-0 never KOd 3 times never lost never had a draw before anybody brings up power Pac 62% Money 60 % and all roads lead to Money just stop the HATE.
Here's some food for thought - if you continuously face the best, take tough challenges, you will eventually lose. That's how it works.

Pac has 61 pro bouts
Marquez has 62 pro bouts
Morales had 61 pro bouts
Barrera had 75 pro bouts
Hopkins has 62 pro bouts
Klitschko has 62 pro bouts
(I can keep going here...)

Floyd has 43 pro bouts

Who gives a **** if the guy has an "0" if he hasn't fought frequently, faced the best, taken the toughest challenges in his division? Sven Ottke retired undefeated. So did Mihai Leu, Pichit Sitbangprachan and others. Are those guys on anybody's ATG list?
Montero is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum