Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
dreadlockno1
Journeyman

vCash: 75
Default Price or Fury Question.

Price has for sure got more dynamite than Tyson in his gloves, I'm not debating that. Relatively though considering Tyson has a more proven chin, who has the advantage?

Do you think Price could take Tyson’s shots better than Tyson could take Price’s? Or the other way around.

Sure there’s more to it than that, but a flush shot from each..…straight right from Price and a hook to the chin from Tyson who’s more likely to go down?
dreadlockno1 is online now  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176
Default Re: First Thread : ) Price or Fury Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlockno1 View Post
Thought I would jump on a beaten to death topic for my first thread to ease myself in gently so:

Price has for sure got more dynamite than Tyson in his gloves, I'm not debating that. Relatively though considering Tyson has a more proven chin, who has the advantage?

Do you think Price could take Tyson’s shots better than Tyson could take Price’s? Or the other way around.

Sure there’s more to it than that, but a flush shot from each..…straight right from Price and a hook to the chin from Tyson who’s more likely to go down?
Price has the power to have Fury hanging on for dear life IMO,Fury has the power to put Price down.One has seemingly piss poor punch resistance,the other not so much.
People on here will try and tell you Fury doesn't have the power to hurt Price etc,but that's bollocks.Don't get me wrong,Price has the power to apparently destroy anything
he punches....but due to his resistance I'd give Fury the edge in landing something and putting him on his arse first.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I like both guys but I think Price is the more skilled boxer and has more powerful punches so I think he'd win.

Besides, Price is fun to watch whereas Fury... he reminds me of the Klitschkos. Good but boring
True_Hero is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
dreadlockno1
Journeyman

Some of the combo's he threw last Sat looked scorching to me.

Didn't hurt or catch Johnson properly but if he did catch someone on the chin they would knocked a few folk out. Suppose its a bit tricky catching hooks when your trying to fight at range.

If he could of tempted Johnson to throw a bit more recklessly he could of tried a few counters himself.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Hero View Post
I like both guys but I think Price is the more skilled boxer and has more powerful punches so I think he'd win.

Besides, Price is fun to watch whereas Fury... he reminds me of the Klitschkos. Good but boring
I don't see him as being more skilled to be honest,sure Fury might look a little cruder but he offers alot more in the ring,better movement,angles,variety of punches and often throws in combinations,better body work etc.It's impressive considering his lack of AM experience (35 fights).
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
dreadlockno1
Journeyman

Quote:

I've read a lot people saying they think he's more of a skilled boxer. What makes you think that? He looks pretty composed to me but dynamic and adjustable????
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1807

Quote:

Are you for real? Fury is easily the better boxer in the skills department! He has the faster hands, better variety of punches, better angles and he can even fight southpaw ffs. Fury is also a much better/funnier character then the boring scouser, and is more entertaining to watch!
RoughD is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
adam249390
a249390
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Spot on
adam249390 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam249390 View Post
Spot on
Not really though is it,considering it's Price who has that poor man's Wlad/Lennox imitation going on,he has power over Fury but that's all he really has.More exciting to watch than Fury? Nope.
More skilful? In what way is he more skilful than Fury? Jab,Jab big right hand is Price,ocassionaly he'll throw a body shot or the odd uppercut but that's about it,he's basically Wlad without the constant clinching and technically a hell of alot cruder(obviously).
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
adam249390
a249390
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughD View Post

Are you for real? Fury is easily the better boxer in the skills department! He has the faster hands, better variety of punches, better angles and he can even fight southpaw ffs. Fury is also a much better/funnier character then the boring scouser, and is more entertaining to watch!

Fury is funnier with his gay singing voice and silly caps but **** me, more skilled boxer , not a chance, did you watch his last fight, boring to ****.
He fought at southpaw against Martin ****in Rogan.
Price does come across dull but he does his talking in the ring.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
dreadlockno1
Journeyman

Quote:
Fury is funnier with his gay singing voice and silly caps but **** me, more skilled boxer , not a chance, did you watch his last fight, boring to ****.
Boring? If in your opinion it was boring, does that make it less skilled? If he gave you an "exciting" fight it would of in all probabilities been less skilful than the fight we saw. I enjoyed his boxing and when he was getting a bit more carefree in the 4/5th? I was hoping he would get back to his boxing....and he did. Skilful boxing.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
adam249390
a249390
ESB Senior Member

Skillful he fought a Punch bag who threw nothing bag, if that was exciting for you, I'd hate to see what your boring fight is like
Fury is good for the sport but is dreadful
Old 12-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Skillful he fought a Punch bag who threw nothing bag, if that was exciting for you, I'd hate to see what your boring fight is like
Fury is good for the sport but is dreadful
Vitali also fought that punch bag,infact Fury did a better job than he did ... and Vit is considered either no.1 or 2 by most on here ... it's not Fury's fault Johnson fights the way he does,seriously,let me guess though ... Price would have ko'd him in the first round right? ****,Wlad-Ibragimov was even more boring than either Vitali's or Fury's fight with Johnson.
Is he also shit because he couldn't put Ibragimov away? Some fights go the distance,Price will find that out soon enough when his mythical punching power doesn't have the desired effect.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Price is the tidier boxer, but from what I've seen so far he's more one dimensional. For anyone to say that Fury reminds them of the Klitschkos is comical, and for that to come from a Price fan it's downright hilarious.

The only Fury fight that has been boring is the Johnson fight, but history tells us that it's Johnson's fault. Fury showed excellent composure, improved defence, fast hands, and sensible shot selection. I think criticism of him for that is total bullshit.

I actually like both boxers, but some of Price's fans are as thick as two short planks. Price does his talking in the ring? Against who? He may as well be taking to himself. Even Martin "****ing" Rogan is as good as anyone Price has faced.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
adam249390
a249390
ESB Senior Member

Price would have stopped middle to late rounds
Did Johnson have 3 weeks notice against vitali?
Regarding prices punch power , I can't see many heavyweights taking his power, and when price does go the distance he surely should be able to adapt.
And the reason I say fury is shit is, he can't punch hard for a big lump, he gets dropped easily when hit, he has improved of late massively but is no where prices league in any department, as regards to prices chin,that everyone keeps banging on about, the best chin is the chin that doesnt get hit.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum