boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #16
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163
Default Re: Main Events, NBC Sports building good heavyweight fights on the horizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Yeah, it could definitely go either way IMO.

I'm just thinking from the perspective of Glazkov possibly losing; does he continue to get pushed by Main Events and NBC Sports while Hamer is rewarding with fading back into obscurity? (look at the Pirog and Jacobs situation...the victor is relegated to the basement while the loser is coddled and given featured segments upon his return)
Brilliant comparison. As with Jacobs loosing to Pirog a loss for either man here is damaging. But it is so clear amongst boxing fans that these are determined prospects with clear talent. A loss for Tor stacking up with the one against Kelvin Price damages his current stock and lands him more fringe on your list of prospects but seeing that massive upset to Johnson in prizefighter with him still his career can return. At top level? Maybe. Jacobs is doing a fine job giving it a run so I surely wouldn't be surprised.

But then again Jacobs has a story to sell him as a cancer surviver which gained him applause from fight fans. Tor doesn't have a specific personality based reason so he needs to show his worth 100 percent in the squared circle, win or loose.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum