Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Carlos Condit vs Rory Macdonald set

Rory MacDonald challenged Carlos Condit to a rematch just seconds after his UFC on FOX 5 win over B.J. Penn Saturday night, and the UFC wasted no time in putting the fight together.

Both MacDonald and Condit have been offered the fight, according to sources, and both have agreed to meet in 2013.

MMAJunkie.com first reported the news Wednesday.

The rematch is expected to take place March 16 in Montreal, although, the UFC has yet to officially confirm its return to "La Belle Province" on that date.

Condit defeated MacDonald via TKO with just 7 seconds remaining in their UFC 115 fight in June 2010. Had the fight gone the distance, most believe MacDonald would have won via judges' decision.

"I was humiliated and embarrassed after that fight," MacDonald told FUEL TV Saturday night. "I think about that fight all the time. It haunts me, and I really need to get past that chapter in my life."

Condit responded to MacDonald's challenge with two words: "I'm in."

Since their first meeting, Condit (28-6) has gone 3-1, most recently losing a welterweight unification bout against Georges St-Pierre in Montreal last month.

MacDonald (14-1) has rebounded to win his last four in a row since suffering the first loss of his career against Condit in his home province of British Columbia Rory MacDonald challenged Carlos Condit to a rematch just seconds after his UFC on FOX 5 win over B.J. Penn Saturday night, and the UFC wasted no time in putting the fight together.

Both MacDonald and Condit have been offered the fight, according to sources, and both have agreed to meet in 2013.

The rematch is expected to take place March 16 in Montreal, although, the UFC has yet to officially confirm its return to "La Belle Province" on that date.

Condit defeated MacDonald via TKO with just 7 seconds remaining in their UFC 115 fight in June 2010. Had the fight gone the distance, most believe MacDonald would have won via judges' decision.

"I was humiliated and embarrassed after that fight," MacDonald told FUEL TV Saturday night. "I think about that fight all the time. It haunts me, and I really need to get past that chapter in my life."

Since their first meeting, Condit (28-6) has gone 3-1, most recently losing a welterweight unification bout against Georges St-Pierre in Montreal last month.

MacDonald (14-1) has rebounded to win his last four in a row since suffering the first loss of his career against Condit in his home province of British Columbia Rory MacDonald challenged Carlos Condit to a rematch just seconds after his UFC on FOX 5 win over B.J. Penn Saturday night, and the UFC wasted no time in putting the fight together.

MacDonald (14-1) has rebounded to win his last four in a row since suffering the first loss of his career against Condit in his home province of British Columbia
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Bigg Panch
The Dopest
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory Macdonald set

Rory MacDonald challenged Carlos Condit to a rematch just seconds after his UFC on FOX 5 win over B.J. Penn Saturday night, and the UFC wasted no time in putting the fight together. Both MacDonald and Condit have been offered the fight, according to sources, and both have agreed to meet in 2013. MMAJunkie.com first reported the news Wednesday. The rematch is expected to take place March 16 in Montreal, although, the UFC has yet to officially confirm its return to "La Belle Province" on that date. Condit defeated MacDonald via TKO with just 7 seconds remaining in their UFC 115 fight in June 2010. Had the fight gone the distance, most believe MacDonald would have won via judges' decision. "I was humiliated and embarrassed after that fight," MacDonald told FUEL TV Saturday night. "I think about that fight all the time. It haunts me, and I really need to get past that chapter in my life." Condit responded to MacDonald's challenge with two words: "I'm in." Since their first meeting, Condit (28-6) has gone 3-1, most recently losing a welterweight unification bout against Georges St-Pierre in Montreal last month. MacDonald (14-1) has rebounded to win his last four in a row since suffering the first loss of his career against Condit in his home province of British Columbia Rory MacDonald challenged Carlos Condit to a rematch just seconds after his UFC on FOX 5 win over B.J. Penn Saturday night, and the UFC wasted no time in putting the fight together. Both MacDonald and Condit have been offered the fight, according to sources, and both have agreed to meet in 2013. MMAJunkie.com first reported the news Wednesday.
Bigg Panch is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Excellent. Very good metch up

Excellent. Very good metch up
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
Travis Fulton
The Ironman
ESB Jr Member

if its anything like the 1st time
its gonna be one hell of a fight
rory got some ***** challenging condit after he just lost to GSP
hes really gonna want to bounce back from his loss

cant wait for this one
Travis Fulton is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Diaz vs GSP
Condit vs Rory

Incredible card to start with.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Rory gonna beat that ass.. No reason he should have lost the first one.. Really looked like he didn't have the mental discipline to keep it together vs. Condit there at the end.. He looked better than Condit everywhere except for the third round where it looked like he just sort of gassed which was strange because of how strong his second round was. It's like he got swallowed on the ground via gnp, which really, really strikes me as an odd thing considering what I've seen from him overall.

I think Henderson and his coaches really put together the master plan vs. the Diaz's.. The idea is to kick the **** out of their lead thighs and calves with the rear leg with huge sweeping kicks from range.. The Diaz brothers are so specialized and such cardio freaks that they have no leg power or much functional strength. They can pelt you out with their boxing, but if you land a couple kicks to their legs they just slow down and control the distance/ avoid getting into a s**** and trade where you can dive in with leg kicks and jabs.. Right up GSP's ally....

So, GSP doesn't even have to take Diaz to the ground... He can stand with him if he chooses imo because he has the tools to break Diaz down the same way Benson did his little brother. They fight so similarly it's scary..
Koa is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Rory gonna beat that ass.. No reason he should have lost the first one.. Really looked like he didn't have the mental discipline to keep it together vs. Condit there at the end.. He looked better than Condit everywhere except for the third round where it looked like he just sort of gassed which was strange because of how strong his second round was. It's like he got swallowed on the ground via gnp, which really, really strikes me as an odd thing considering what I've seen from him overall.
I had a heluva time trying to get ahold of UFC 115. Gave up, but I will try again.

Was CC grounded in rounds 1 and 2?? Like in his fight with GSP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
I think Henderson and his coaches really put together the master plan vs. the Diaz's.. The idea is to kick the **** out of their lead thighs and calves with the rear leg with huge sweeping kicks from range.. The Diaz brothers are so specialized and such cardio freaks that they have no leg power or much functional strength. They can pelt you out with their boxing, but if you land a couple kicks to their legs they just slow down and control the distance/ avoid getting into a s**** and trade where you can dive in with leg kicks and jabs.. Right up GSP's ally....

So, GSP doesn't even have to take Diaz to the ground... He can stand with him if he chooses imo because he has the tools to break Diaz down the same way Benson did his little brother. They fight so similarly it's scary..
I don't think GSP has the footwork to do it Big Bendo style. His rematch against BJ Penn was a masterpiece, but even then he gave little ground and lateral movement.

Got it on tape, haven't seen it in a while (UFC 94), but against CC he seemed to be even more grounded. Against CC I remember his right leg far back, ready to shoot I suppose? Well, I believe his style has changed, and we will see a lot more GnP from GSP from now on.

For these reasons I believe a fight against Nick Diaz will be more competitive than ever! Not so much because of the injury, but judging from what we saw in his return. I believe Diaz needs to be grounded immediately because if GSP tries to go tit for tat, Diaz' hands will already be going, and GSP will have a hard time working his way in
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Damn they wont let any of these guys get near Hendricks. WTF did Hendricks do to Dana is what I want to know.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Damn they wont let any of these guys get near Hendricks. WTF did Hendricks do to Dana is what I want to know.
You know, I wonder what Nate Marquardt is up to? That is a viable opponent for Hendricks, I'd say, being the Strikeforce WW champion that won't get a chance to defend the belt in Strikeforce.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
You know, I wonder what Nate Marquardt is up to? That is a viable opponent for Hendricks, I'd say, being the Strikeforce WW champion that won't get a chance to defend the belt in Strikeforce.
What the fck is Nate going to do at WW. We know He will get outwrestled and his striking is average.

For what Hendricks have accomplished in a year, they should give him Nick Diaz instead.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah, except Nick Diaz is fighting GSP in March.

Nate just beat the **** out of a very strong wrestler in Tyron Woodley. I'm just trying to think of realistic matches for Hendricks while he waits for a title shot. Unless he just sits out and continues to be a bit of a crybaby. If he really thinks that he can be champion, he should be willing to take on anyone in the meantime.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #12
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Also, Hendrick's is not a great striker. He has huge power, but let's not forget that he went life or death with Koscheck in what was majorly a striking match.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Hendricks wants some money. This is all business. Give him some He deserves it. Give him a big name like Diaz or BJ for that matter so He makes money while He waits.

Hes not getting younger and He doesnt want any of these gatekeepers for 50k a fight.

He should have fought GSP, then He should have done Nick and Rory in that order.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah, but none of that is happening, so what is going to happen in real life?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Yeah, but none of that is happening, so what is going to happen in real life?
well another conjob by Dana and company.
chimba is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum