Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

jesus, Wheres Laz?
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
Its no secret that Khan isn't well liked in general. Call it what you like, some may hate him for racists reasons, others just think he's a bit of a knob.
He's got the biggest following in British boxing, even bigger than Ricky Hatton. He has people who love him, he has boxing haters, and he has racists who follow is every move.

He's a superstar.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
The Bellboy
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Well Liked?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Two free tickets if you hand over a toy.

I personally think he made the jump to the US too early. He hadn't really established much of a UK fanbase before he upped sticks and ****ed off to America the first chance he got. I think that turned a lot of people off him. That and he comes across as a bit of a knob.
The Bellboy is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #19
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

UK Fanbase..? stop using the word fan.

Its all about the following, and Amir Khan has the biggest following in British boxing.

All the haters will be out in force, come the weekend.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Just look at the idiotic comments on that Sun Page:

"i am amazed how people still think that Khan does anything for anyone else HE is in it for him and him alone, and has done nothing for people of colour or race in fact he has destroyed all respect people had for him when he was a nice and police chap instead of this deluded idiot who blames everything and everyone but himself "

I read this shit on Twitter again and again. Honestly, these people are fickle jealous idiotic individuals who are absolutely morons, and it's shocking to hear that they are in their masses and not in the minority.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #21
Euro Bum
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Its a 17000 arena. He was hardley gonna sell it out. He will do a solid 8000 sales i reckon and the rest will be comps and this toy giveaway there doing.
Euro Bum is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
hellsbells
nihil sub sole novum

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
I was expecting a "ya ****ing waste man" in at least 1 tweet

hellsbells is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #23
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

well what do you expect, khans a young, successful, rich, pak/istani-muslim athlete of course he's going to get his fair share of haters from the UK. if khan was white, ppl in general would be bumming him just like those same ppl lick carl froch's anus, despite spending the best part of his career slagging off joe calzaghe, receiving a gift decision against andre direll getting completely dismantled by andre ward and being beaten by kessler who was no longer considered in his prime. PPl general warm to froch even though his arrogance is there on display hes viewed as a ''True Brit''
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

Coming from a football nation, this is nothing!

when it was judah v khan, people were throwing religon into it..even judah made a little joke on muslims then got hit back x 100. lol
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Khan is a prick. It's got nothing to do with his skin colour for the majority of people. I'm not sure why people turn it into a race issue so often. He's disliked because he's an arrogant prick, not because of his skin colour. When Kal Yafai gets a few more wins under his belt, I bet you don't have countless 'haters' coming out to criticise him at every step.

Khan has people who dislike him, but why would that not be the case? Every arrogant, disrespectful boxer gets the same criticism, especially those who can't always back it up. Before Khan got beat against Presscot, he was already an arrogant cunt, claiming he'd beat so and so. He even claimed he'd beat Mayweather in an amateur fight when he'd had about 15 pro fights. He's laughably ignorant and when those people fall, you'll get plenty of people who laugh about it.

For less than 1%, race is the issue. For the rest, his personality is.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #26
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Khan is a prick. It's got nothing to do with his skin colour for the majority of people. I'm not sure why people turn it into a race issue so often. He's disliked because he's an arrogant prick, not because of his skin colour. When Kal Yafai gets a few more wins under his belt, I bet you don't have countless 'haters' coming out to criticise him at every step.

Khan has people who dislike him, but why would that not be the case? Every arrogant, disrespectful boxer gets the same criticism, especially those who can't always back it up. Before Khan got beat against Presscot, he was already an arrogant cunt, claiming he'd beat so and so. He even claimed he'd beat Mayweather in an amateur fight when he'd had about 15 pro fights. He's laughably ignorant and when those people fall, you'll get plenty of people who laugh about it.

For less than 1%, race is the issue. For the rest, his personality is.
khan was boo'ed by his ''own fellow brits'' when he walked into the MEN arena against berrara, that whole ****ing night was filled with tension between khan fans and white fans.
its astonishing how you think race has nothing to do with it, straight after the prescott defeat there was a facebook page up mocking khans defeat and it was filled with racist comments all by white people. theres a large minority of brits who hate on khan because he's p-akistani please dont deny that shit. Khan says stupid stuff i agree but i most of his interviews he hasn't come no where close to the level of arrogance as naseem hamed or even froch
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #27
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bellboy View Post
I personally think he made the jump to the US too early. He hadn't really established much of a UK fanbase before he upped sticks and ****ed off to America the first chance he got. I think that turned a lot of people off him. That and he comes across as a bit of a knob.
Agree 100% with this. Hatton was loved because he fought and was based in England for a long time and he built up a big fan base. People saw him as one of us, representing us Brits against the rest of the world. Same can be said for loads of other British fighters.

Khan though chased the big money and ****ed off too America, leaving UK fans feeling "What? You're going to America? Are we not good enough for you or something?"

His attitude is also not that of a person who values his fans. He hasn't once said after a fight "that was for my fans who support me" to my knowledge anyway. He clearly is only interested in the fame, money and glory, not the fans. That sort of attitude in a fighter, especially one as flawed as Khan, completely stinks. Hence why so many don't like him and why so many want to see him put flat on his arse again.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

kind of uncalled for, but I think most of these people probably hate Khan because of his attitude, I'm sure Molina doesn't give a ****
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #29
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
khan was boo'ed by his ''own fellow brits'' when he walked into the MEN arena against berrara, that whole ****ing night was filled with tension between khan fans and white fans.
its astonishing how you think race has nothing to do with it, straight after the prescott defeat there was a facebook page up mocking khans defeat and it was filled with racist comments all by white people. theres a large minority of brits who hate on khan because he's p-akistani please dont deny that shit. Khan says stupid stuff i agree but i most of his interviews he hasn't come no where close to the level of arrogance as naseem hamed or even froch
see the Salita fight, Khan got amazing support. most of the old tension between Khan fans and other fans were quite frankly, because of the "Khan Army" bullshit, they were a nightmare

also, Barrera had support for obvious reasons, he was BARRERA! there were boxing fans in there too you know
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #30
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

It is a complete and utter fact that a large portion of Amir Khan haters are racist. The evidence has been to far spread, from YouTube, social networks, and personal experiences I have witnessed! And this has ben going on for years.

I am not playing the race card, I am spouting the truth. That a large part of Amir Khan's haters are racist, and just because afew people on here are starting to cry and make out they are the victims, of some massive lie.....

You are not the victims here, so stop crying. You are the victims of me saying something, you people don't want to here. People don't want to recognise the fact that racism egsist. And that Amir Khan has been subjected to serious amounts of racism during his boxing career.

I am not going to shut up, forget the percentage figures I mentioned, it's not 80. % but it's more than a small number. A large portion of Amir Khan haters are racist, the evidences too far spread on you're social networks, And then there's the situations I have witnessed in person. Every single fight, leading up to the fight and during I have seen and heard racist comments towards Amir Khan.......for years! For years!

From the personal experiences I have witnessed. People balantly telling me that they where shouting racist abuse at Amir Khan and his Brother afew years back at a amateur boxing event in Liverpool Everton.

Why are people ignoring these facts. Like I have stated before, you have just backed up my whole point. A large portion of this country is institutionally racist towards Asians/muslims. And since this war on terror, this situation has gotten out of control. And it's vice versa, these muslims/ Asians are also institutionally racist towards the western world. Their countries being invaded, and 1000 upon 1000 of innocent people have been killed.

But back to the Amir Khan situation, I am not playing the race card. I am not just randomly saying, "Oh you don't like Amir Khan because he is Muslim/Asian origin" and then leaving the thread.

A large portion of Amir Khan haters are racist.

Just to make sure I am not blind....

Are the comments in this video not racist then? Give me a yes or no answer .

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0wH9W9KCZA[/ame]

Note: Most Amir Khan haters are also complete and utter shitbags, spouting absolute shit. There are way more boxers more arrogant, than Amir Khan but these haters try and make out that he is some kind of cunt.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum