Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #46
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: England
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

This is an ill mannered comment from some ****ing moron that was on that Khan/Prescott K.O video.

dBOTHERER 4 months ago in playlist Liked videos
the only way this cud have been funnier is if can was left wit permenant brain damage that left him lik a proper mongo for the rest of his life or if he went blind , i hope he gets aids the mouthy little cunt
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #47
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 876
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
I have to agree with Jack, I think Chisora is a scumbag,but it's good to see loudmouths fight other loudmouths, ala Haye Chisora, Fury Chisora, taking into account Chisora is a good fighter, it wouldn't be the same if he was getting KO'd by nobodies in 1 obviously

I loved rooting Haye on to KO this piece of shit
My point is that Chisora is well liked on the Brit forum despite his arrogance and generally deplorable conduct. And yet he rather bewilderingly gets a free pass when Khan is constantly slammed for these same perceived failings.
ollyc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #48
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Agree 100% with this. Hatton was loved because he fought and was based in England for a long time and he built up a big fan base. People saw him as one of us, representing us Brits against the rest of the world. Same can be said for loads of other British fighters.

Khan though chased the big money and ****ed off too America, leaving UK fans feeling "What? You're going to America? Are we not good enough for you or something?"

His attitude is also not that of a person who values his fans. He hasn't once said after a fight "that was for my fans who support me" to my knowledge anyway. He clearly is only interested in the fame, money and glory, not the fans. That sort of attitude in a fighter, especially one as flawed as Khan, completely stinks. Hence why so many don't like him and why so many want to see him put flat on his arse again.
The reason Khan went to the US was to get the best training available...everyman jack on here practically without exception applauded the move. Again on here fighters are encouraged and advised to get to the States for proper training and sparring....Fighters are encouraged to get over there and take big fights, because thats where the biggest fights are made....Currently Burns is being villified for not getting his arse over the Atlantic. Khan does go over and he gets the brickbat....I don't get it(I actually think I do), why he is held to a different set of standards than every other fighter from these shores?
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #49
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post

Many cheered for Barrera because many wanted to see him put an arrogant, media-darling fighter in his place, again.
As opposed to the cheating cunt of a fighter who smashed his opponents head into the turnbuckle? Barrera gets a pass but Khan doesn't....PK is 100% right
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #50
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,573
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
My point is that Chisora is well liked on the Brit forum despite his arrogance and generally deplorable conduct. And yet he rather bewilderingly gets a free pass when Khan is constantly slammed for these same perceived failings.
Chisora isn't exactly white, while I agree it is extremely hypocritical, Chisora is open to just as much racial hatred as Khan
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #51
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Chisora isn't exactly white, while I agree it is extremely hypocritical, Chisora is open to just as much racial hatred as Khan
BB, you know thats not true...I can't ever remember the black "community" ever being demonised
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #52
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Derek Chisora has abit of a following in Liverpool, all the scallys that have a problem with Amir Khan have shown great respect for Derek Chisora. Not long ago he was having shots, with people in a Liverpool pub.

Allot of people North Liverpool cannot stand Amir Khan. I have heard and been told allot of racist remarks, its has allot to do with jealously and ingrained hatred.

But they follow his career with passion.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #53
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 876
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Chisora isn't exactly white, while I agree it is extremely hypocritical, Chisora is open to just as much racial hatred as Khan
I think Khan is seen by many as an uppity muslim; everytime he is seen to have behaved in a blasphemous, irreligious fashion certain individuals seem to jump all over him. And I still don't understand why his cretinous ramblings on twitter seem to be thread worthy ...
ollyc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #54
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,573
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

I know there is racial hatred towards Khan, but what racist tweets Carlos Molina and says tells him to KO a glass jawed idiot? wouldn't their language be more colourful? hell, us ESB guys know that some people have active hatred for glass jawed fighters
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #55
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
He's got the biggest following in British boxing, even bigger than Ricky Hatton. He has people who love him, he has boxing haters, and he has racists who follow is every move.

He's a superstar.
to say hes got a bigger following than ricky is worse than saying hes in pacquia and mayweathers league as a boxer

people dont like him cos of the shit he talks and his arrogance
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #56
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
khans a brit he won a silver medal for britain i just find it odd you'd abandon support for a fighter who grew up in this country for a mexican fighter legendary or not, kostay tyszu held a similar reputation but his reception was much different to what berrara got.
literally every single comment on that page was aimed against khans religion and culture, it was so bad that frank w-rren and khan had to issue legal action against facebook.
as for froch i beg to differ, khan was a 19 year old kid when he said shit like that, froch has been on record as saying he'd be able to beat leonnard, hagler and hearns in there era and he would have also taken out collins, eubank and benn before kessler beat him.
I wanted Barrera to win because I'm a big Barrera fan. He has contributed a lot to boxing and has been in far more memorable fights than Tszyu, who was simply a very good fighter. Aside from that, Hatton is far more likable than Khan ever has been, so if there were people on the fence for Hatton/Tszyu and Khan/Barrera, I can see why people would support Hatton and Barrera.

Again though, why is it racist to not support Khan? If I was there, I probably would have booed him, not because I'm a racist but because it's all part of the atmosphere. You boo guys you don't like, you cheer the fighters you do. There's nothing vindictive about it. I'd like to see Khan get knocked out against Molina but does that opinion make me racist? Of course not. People dislike Khan but there's very little reason to suggest they dislike him because of his race. It's putting two and two together and coming up with five.

There are some people who are racist towards Khan but it's such an insignificant number, it's not worth mentioning.

I have no problem with those comments from Froch. If he said tomorrow that he could beat Calzaghe, I'd just say it's confidence. There's a difference between arrogance and confidence. Khan is one, Froch is the other.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #57
Jun Fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Khan is quite possibly the most hated british boxer of all time. Theres definitely some racists among his detractors, though I think the majority, dislike him for his arrogance/overrated skills/glass jaw and completely deluded mindset. I know a few ****stani brits that think he's a bellend.

Fighters like Naz, Eubank etc were louder and more outspoken than khan, though crucially they had the skills and attributes to back it up, in the ring.
Jun Fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #58
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

How many people hated Khan when he was a 17 year old Olympian?

He was cheered on by the entire fucjing country. The reason people don't like him now is because he is an utter bellend.

What was it Khan said:

"If there were more people in the world like Amir Khan, the world will be a better place"
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #59
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 666
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Britain is a genuinely racist country ran by zionist leaders that feed dehumanising anti islam propaganda to the masses on a daily bases. It's hardly surprising that a large percentage of the general public are racist. They have been institutionalised.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #60
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Khan is a prick. It's got nothing to do with his skin colour for the majority of people. I'm not sure why people turn it into a race issue so often. He's disliked because he's an arrogant prick, not because of his skin colour. When Kal Yafai gets a few more wins under his belt, I bet you don't have countless 'haters' coming out to criticise him at every step.

Khan has people who dislike him, but why would that not be the case? Every arrogant, disrespectful boxer gets the same criticism, especially those who can't always back it up. Before Khan got beat against Presscot, he was already an arrogant cunt, claiming he'd beat so and so. He even claimed he'd beat Mayweather in an amateur fight when he'd had about 15 pro fights. He's laughably ignorant and when those people fall, you'll get plenty of people who laugh about it.

For less than 1%, race is the issue. For the rest, his personality is.


with all due respect what you wrote is a crock of shit. An arrogant prick eh? Guess who said the following?

"Top fighters at top level can fight each other 10 times and it isn't going to be 10-0 to one man. I would have been in the mix with Hagler, Hearns and Leonard. Hagler was a fighter and a brawler and I can do that, but I can also box, use my range and boxing skills.

"I'd have not quite done a Sugar Ray Leonard on him but done half a Leonard and half a Hearns. It would have been a mixture of the two.

"I have a better chin than Hearns and I have got some of Leonard's skills. Domestically, Chris Eubank was skilful but crude. Nigel Benn was just a brawler, Steve Collins was just a tough brawler. I don't consider them to have been that hot and I could have beaten all three.

"I would have been a massive superstar in that era."

where's the hate? Guess who was calling out Calzaghe when he was a nobody even in his own home town and had proven nothing? Where's the hate? Oh sorry I forgot, that's just his tongue in cheek sense of humour, so he gets a free pass


Your point about Derek Chisora is total bullshit as well. Derek Chisora split things down the middle before his fight with Haye. There were those who wanted Haye to smash him but probably an equal amount that thought "he a G" or "a character". He was disliked by some, including myself, but the hate was nowhere close to the Hate Khan gets. Khan may be arrogant, but he's not bitten anybody, or slapped anyone, and he doesn't have convictions for public order offences. Khan can't back it up you say? Well how many boxers throughout history have said they were going to win, or KO their opponent and failed to back it up? Almost everyone who's laced up a pair of gloves. Delusion is something that everyone in life who wants to be a winner possess to an extent. Almost all boxers have it, because without it, they lose their dreams and may as well retire. When Hatton got KOe'd by Pac he refused to accept he wasn't good enough. He blamed the training camp, he said he over-trained, he said he was winning that round by a country mile.


Kal Yafai? please. Come back to me when Kal Yafai is a household name, then we'll compare the situation. Prince Naseem was loved. Prince Naseem was also hated, but even that's a poor comparison, because since then the situation regarding Moslems has changed. If Amir Khan was fighting in Hameds era, he would still be hated, but not to this extent.


I have no problem with people disliking Khan. I'm not a fan myself, but it's YOU who is the deluded, arrogant prick if you fail to open your eyes and see that a significant proportion of his haters are racist. That's fine too, it's their right to be racist, but don't deny it. I don't know why people take it so personally. No one is calling you a racist. If you want to hate him, go ahead, no one is accusing you personally of racism. The point is, this kid is a bit of a dimwit, he's deluded, and he's arrogant. Yet he hasn't raped anyone, assaulted anyone, and he trash talks a lot less than other boxers. Yet, boxers who have done all those things get a free pass on here. If Amir Khan was undefeated, and humble, and intelligent, he would not get the same hate, BUT, here's the thing. Other boxers are allowed to be flawed. Amir Khan is not. Amir Khan has stepped out of line, outside the parameters of what is considered acceptable for him, and he gets a torrent of abuse for it. He's only allowed to be a good, humble little kid. Can you imagine what it would be like if he took his trash talking to a Ricardo Mayorga type level?

PK is spot on. These days it's not often I can say that, but he's spot on. Not all his haters are racist, but it's not less than 1% either. The truth is in the middle.

Last edited by ero-sennin; 12-14-2012 at 05:08 AM.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013