Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #61
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Yo gangsta! Let's get ready to gang bang"!
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 187
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post


I was expecting a "ya ****ing waste man" in at least 1 tweet
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #62
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

oh, and those tweets aren't support for Molina. Most of those cunts have probably not even heard of the guy. It's hate for Khan.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #63
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

On these boards, I'd say around 90% of the hate for Khan is justified by the same reasons that even Pak!stanis hate him - arrogance, stupidity, etc. There are one or two here, however, whose hate is motivated by race. I've seen it with my own eyes and no one can tell me otherwise. And considering this is a forum where you’re restricted in what you say, it easily makes you wonder whether those one or two idiots are in fact in the threes or fours that are forced to hide their true thoughts.

Because let’s take a trip to a forum where there aren’t any repercussions for the stuff you spout. The below are just a handful of comments I’ve picked out off one YouTube video (Prescott KO) on just one page of comments:
  • this always makes my day. ****S CANT FIGHT, WHICH IS WHY THEY ALWAYS FIGHT WITH ABOUT 20 OTHA ****S BACKING THEM UP. U FUKIN BUNCH OF PUSSIES
  • since when does speed with no power take you anywhere this **** modafuker wannabe boxer cannot beat anybody but bums
  • AMIR KHAN THAT **** HE BEATS NOBODY AND WHEN HE VERSES A HALF DECENT PERSON HE GETS KNOCKED THE **** OUT LIKE NOW
  • Hate the p4ki b4stards, they should all f*ck off back to Asia, can't stand these smelly pr1cks
  • **** of you most people living in england are 100 percent white english,we don't want any more ****s and ******s here
  • pride of bolton? no he fuking ent. he goes waving ****stan flag around the ring all tha time. tha fukin **** rat cunt. this fight jus showed how shit nd a ****y big mouth **** he is.
  • hahahahahahahaha u **** i hope u burn in hell
  • deport the filthy porkistani pig ****er
  • wait and see asshole... it's just a matter of time before that glass jawed **** faggot gets knocked the **** out.
  • If he dies he dies ( rocky 4 ) stay down u stinking overrated ****. That's exactly what maidana will do to you khant. You've made you're money now **** off back to shittystan take you're family with u
I don’t even need to mention the Barrera fight, either. Where racist chants were heard and well documented. Name me one ethnic fighter in this country -- arrogant or not -- that would evoke the above comments/responses? Chisora? Haye? Degale? Sure, they get plenty of hate, but is it hate born from the above reasons? I don't think so.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #64
hitandhope
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 881
vCash: 989
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
oh, and those tweets aren't support for Molina. Most of those cunts have probably not even heard of the guy. It's hate for Khan.
Pretty obvious that many of those tweets aren't from white people anyway. Makes me laugh. Any Indians supporting Amir on Saturday night? How about half the Muslims in this country who hate him for wearing the Union Jack?

I feel for him, he can't do right for doing wrong. And I think his management soured his reputation with boxing fans early on avoiding fighters he would have beat anyway, John Murray etc.
hitandhope is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #65
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham/Leeds/azad kashmir(Mirpur)
Posts: 2,695
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I wanted Barrera to win because I'm a big Barrera fan. He has contributed a lot to boxing and has been in far more memorable fights than Tszyu, who was simply a very good fighter. Aside from that, Hatton is far more likable than Khan ever has been, so if there were people on the fence for Hatton/Tszyu and Khan/Barrera, I can see why people would support Hatton and Barrera.

Again though, why is it racist to not support Khan? If I was there, I probably would have booed him, not because I'm a racist but because it's all part of the atmosphere. You boo guys you don't like, you cheer the fighters you do. There's nothing vindictive about it. I'd like to see Khan get knocked out against Molina but does that opinion make me racist? Of course not. People dislike Khan but there's very little reason to suggest they dislike him because of his race. It's putting two and two together and coming up with five.

There are some people who are racist towards Khan but it's such an insignificant number, it's not worth mentioning.

I have no problem with those comments from Froch. If he said tomorrow that he could beat Calzaghe, I'd just say it's confidence. There's a difference between arrogance and confidence. Khan is one, Froch is the other.
you've just exposed you're own double standards IMO, for froch to say he could beat the best 3 fighters of 80s era and compares his handspeed and power as a combination of leonnard and hearns he gets a pass for it because according to you its just confidence. While khan says some stupid crap about outclassing mayweather in a 4 rounder when he was a 19 year old kid, he should get burned on the cross?
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #66
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I wanted Barrera to win because I'm a big Barrera fan. He has contributed a lot to boxing and has been in far more memorable fights than Tszyu, who was simply a very good fighter. Aside from that, Hatton is far more likable than Khan ever has been, so if there were people on the fence for Hatton/Tszyu and Khan/Barrera, I can see why people would support Hatton and Barrera.

Again though, why is it racist to not support Khan? If I was there, I probably would have booed him, not because I'm a racist but because it's all part of the atmosphere. You boo guys you don't like, you cheer the fighters you do. There's nothing vindictive about it. I'd like to see Khan get knocked out against Molina but does that opinion make me racist? Of course not. People dislike Khan but there's very little reason to suggest they dislike him because of his race. It's putting two and two together and coming up with five.

There are some people who are racist towards Khan but it's such an insignificant number, it's not worth mentioning.

I have no problem with those comments from Froch. If he said tomorrow that he could beat Calzaghe, I'd just say it's confidence. There's a difference between arrogance and confidence. Khan is one, Froch is the other.
Most sensible column on this thread. Khan is just a prick and people hate pricks. If Britain is so damn racist then how come Prince Naseem Hamed wasn't hated? He was much more forward with his religion and race than Khan is, he had Islam written on his trunks and after every fight he made the point to thank Allah, the muslim God.

The vast majority of the British public (both and white and non-white) loved Naz though because we all knew that everything he said that can be perceived as arrogance was just tongue in cheek and banter. Naz had the skills to justify what came out of mouth and for that people liked him. Hardcore and just general fans love a ****y fighter, so long as he can back it up in the ring. Khan can't, that's why he hated.

Get off this "Britain is racist" train. You're chatting utter bullshit.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #67
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,455
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
you've just exposed you're own double standards IMO, for froch to say he could beat the best 3 fighters of 80s era and compares his handspeed and power as a combination of leonnard and hearns he gets a pass for it because according to you its just confidence. While khan says some stupid crap about outclassing mayweather in a 4 rounder when he was a 19 year old kid, he should get burned on the cross?

Who mentioned burning on a cross? I think its you and you're ridiculous over exaggerations again. Its not like Froch keeps getting beat by people he deems "below his level" either.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #68
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 664
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Get off this "Britain is racist" train. You're chatting utter bullshit.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #69
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope View Post
Pretty obvious that many of those tweets aren't from white people anyway. Makes me laugh. Any Indians supporting Amir on Saturday night? How about half the Muslims in this country who hate him for wearing the Union Jack?

I feel for him, he can't do right for doing wrong. And I think his management soured his reputation with boxing fans early on avoiding fighters he would have beat anyway, John Murray etc.
Who said only whites can be racist? I'm Indian, and I'd say probably half the Indians I know that watch boxing want him to get knocked out because he is a 'stani.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #70
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Without sounding like a broken record. Where was all that hate for Khan during the Olympics??? The whole country was behind him and those images of his dad in the Union Jack waistecoat are iconic as ****.

The dislike for Khan started when he began disrespecting his domestic opponents. The shit he said about Thaxton in particular got a lot of peoples backs up. He was proclaiming to be world class, and levels above domestic fighters without doing anything to justify it.

I don’t think he was handled very well either so VVarren should shoulder some of the blame.

You’ve got this young fighter who claims to be world class, yet he needed a 15 count against Limmond & was also dropped against Gomes. They then go and stick him on PPV only for him to get blasted out in a round against Prescott. Ill be honest, I started to resent him. Its nothing to do with his colour or jealousy, I just felt we were being taken for a ride.

I give Khan credit though, he is exciting to watch and his fights are never dull. He has tons of heart in the ring and nobody can take that away from him.

He is still an utter bellend though

“If there were more people in the world like Amir Khan, the world would be a better place”
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #71
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

ICEMAX – What has 9/11 got to do with anything?

If you are claiming 9/11 was the catalyst for hate against Khan you are sorely mistaken.

If you swallowed the official line about Bin Laden & the “war on terror” – more fool you!
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #72
FrochPascal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pizza Hut, Ukraine.
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 100
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
Britain is a genuinely racist country ran by zionist leaders that feed dehumanising anti islam propaganda to the masses on a daily bases. It's hardly surprising that a large percentage of the general public are racist. They have been institutionalised.
What a pathetic comment. Do you think p-akistanis aren't racist? They exhibit racism in Britain against white, black and other people; imagine what p-akistanis in p-akistan would do if the same proportion of white/black Christians emigrated to their country. Please do tell me how p-akistani Christians are faring in their own country? Last time I checked they were being burnt alive, driven out of their own villages, having the guts taken out, etc. PS it may help the Muslims' case if (in Britain) they weren't trying to blow up people for their religion, threatening to kill people for leaving islam, killing their own children for having relationships with non-Muslims and all the rest.
FrochPascal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #73
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
Britain is a genuinely racist country ran by zionist leaders that feed dehumanising anti islam propaganda to the masses on a daily bases. It's hardly surprising that a large percentage of the general public are racist. They have been institutionalised.
Spot on.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #74
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham/Leeds/azad kashmir(Mirpur)
Posts: 2,695
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
Who mentioned burning on a cross? I think its you and you're ridiculous over exaggerations again. Its not like Froch keeps getting beat by people he deems "below his level" either.
he's widely criticized about stuff he speaks, carl OTOH is seen as some kind of hero, despite talking so much trash about ward and continuing to disrespect him after getting shutout in a one sided fight, i'm not defending khan as a fighter, i'm one of his biggest critics on these boards with regards to his skills, and i picked garcia and peterson to beat him.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #75
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wow! I'm surprised how much support Carlos Molina is getting from U.K fans on twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrochPascal View Post
What a pathetic comment. Do you think p-akistanis aren't racist? They exhibit racism in Britain against white, black and other people; imagine what p-akistanis in p-akistan would do if the same proportion of white/black Christians emigrated to their country. Please do tell me how p-akistani Christians are faring in their own country? Last time I checked they were being burnt alive, driven out of their own villages, having the guts taken out, etc. PS it may help the Muslims' case if (in Britain) they weren't trying to blow up people for their religion, threatening to kill people for leaving islam, killing their own children for having relationships with non-Muslims and all the rest.
Glad to see you read the Sun.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013