boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #1
CST80
The Decisive Nihilist
East Side VIP

vCash: 1566
Exclamation Usyk Is Next Level, Usyk Will Be P4P, Usyk Will Be HW Champion, Usyk Is The Future.

Usyk is the Heir Apparent to Wladimir Klitschko.

Oleksandr Usyk the 6'3 28 year old of all of the threads I've done, which is quite a lot, he was the first for a reason. Because Usyk is Damn Good as in could possibly beat Wilder, Fury, Joshua, Povetkin, Stiverne, Parker, and Pulev Right Now only being 7-0 7 KO's. While this may seem preposterous to many people on this forum who only respond to hype around a fighter or name recognition as opposed to trying to stretch their understanding to comprehend that just because someone hasn't been in with the best as a pro it doesn't mean they are incapable even at this point of beating them. Sometimes you just have to open your eyes and see what's right in front of your face, and anyone with decent vision all they have to do is watch Usyk and they will quickly understand what a truly special talent he really is. As in potentially Ward, Rigo, Floyd, Manny, Kovalev P4P Next Level Best In The World Special.

For the people who say skills pay the bills well Usyk has all the intangible skills most fighters who've had decade long careers would envy. He has incredible speed, he's slick and elusive, hits deceptively hard, his footwork is immaculate, good chin, his feinting, his head movement, his defense, his rolling, slipping, bobbing and weaving is impressive, his jabs, his lateral movement, his combinations, his control of distance and range, and setting the pace and controlling the rhythm of the match are all exquisite. Usyk has all the tools he needs at his disposal to be one of the best in the sport Right Now, but he's fighting at Cruiserweight and even at this point I think he's capable of beating all the top Cruisers and that's not an indictment of that very good division, its just my understanding what Usyk is capable of. I think its only a matter of time before he moves up with CW being a mere stepping stone to his potential Heavyweight greatness. Usyk is a Phenom in the Making. Come Aboard The Usyk Train and be able to say you're on the Vanguard of a Revolution. Usyk is a Cruiserweight combination of Floyd Mayweather, Chris Algieri and Sergio Martinez. Usyk is the real deal and I'm not hyping. Usyk Is The Dancing Cat Of The Ukraine.

This is Magomedrasul Mezhidov one of the very best in the Super Heavyweight Division in the Amateurs he's beaten Erislandy Savon and beat top prospect Anthony Joshua and had him hurt on many occasions. Look at the ease with which Usyk crushes Mezhidov over 5 rounds. The shot in the 3rd is a low blow.
BORKED

This is Matteo Modugno a massive Italian Heavyweight who as a pro is thus far is undefeated. Usyk made him take several knees and stopped him in 2.
BORKED

Here's Usyk defeating the very talented Clemente Russo at the 2012 Olympics to take The Gold Medal at Heavyweight.
BORKED

And here's Usyk defeating or schooling the new Boogeyman Artur Beterbiev.
BORKED

BORKED

Last edited by CST80; 08-15-2015 at 04:54 PM.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
catchwtboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Usyk Is Next Level, Usyk Will Be P4P, Usyk Will Be HW Champion, Usyk Is The Real

I would like to be the first to say that I hope it is so, but he should probably win a cruiserweight belt first. Hope they make it happen next year like we have heard.

I would love to one day see Usyk and Kudryashov for the HEAVYWEIGHT title.
catchwtboxing is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #3
Cafe
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 460
Default Re: Usyk Is Next Level, Usyk Will Be P4P, Usyk Will Be HW Champion, Usyk Is The Real

Rarely do you see a guy his size with such agile feet. I've no doubt that he'll be the next big cruiser champion and I hope he reigns in that division for a while before moving up.
Cafe is online now  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #4
CST80
The Decisive Nihilist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchwtboxing View Post
I would like to be the first to say that I hope it is so, but he should probably win a cruiserweight belt first. Hope they make it happen next year like we have heard.

I would love to one day see Usyk and Kudryashov for the HEAVYWEIGHT title.
That would be great.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
OvidsExile
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Usyk Is Next Level, Usyk Will Be P4P, Usyk Will Be HW Champion, Usyk Is The Futur

Usyk is alright, but a little overhyped.
OvidsExile is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #6
CST80
The Decisive Nihilist
East Side VIP

Default Re: Usyk Is Next Level, Usyk Will Be P4P, Usyk Will Be HW Champion, Usyk Is The Futur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovid***ile View Post
Usyk is alright, but a little overhyped.
He's being underhyped.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 10:51 PM   #7
Above Deck
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Usyk is a good fighter, but I can't see fans getting overly excited about him, he is quite a boring fighter to watch. So he'll become a high risk, low reward fighter - without the fan base to force others to have to face him. I expect Usyk to win most of his fights, I just don't see many people getting excited about him fighting.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 10:52 PM   #8
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4000

I think he can dominate the cruisers but I really don't see the move to HW being a huge success.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 10:56 PM   #9
lepinthehood
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 50

very good but would he beat denis lebedev the best CW in da world.
lepinthehood is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 10:57 PM   #10
CST80
The Decisive Nihilist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepinthehood View Post
very good but would he beat denis lebedev the best CW in da world.
I love Lebedev but without a doubt, Yes.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 10:57 PM   #11
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 9183

Some of the best posters on this site and people who actually know boxing on this site are really high on Usyk.... its one of the few times we disagree. I don't see anything all that special (relative to world class, relative to elite) in him and I don't think he does much at heavyweight (might pick up a belt in this day and age but I don't think he will dominate nor make many defenses)

But we will see! That's whats awesome is we will be able to see how good he is as he steps up the comp and the weight. I think at the highest level he will be a win some lose some heavyweight.

I look forward to seeing his career unfold.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #12
CST80
The Decisive Nihilist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Some of the best posters on this site and people who actually know boxing on this site are really high on Usyk.... its one of the few times we disagree. I don't see anything all that special (relative to world class, relative to elite) in him and I don't think he does much at heavyweight (might pick up a belt in this day and age but I don't think he will dominate nor make many defenses)

But we will see! That's whats awesome is we will be able to see how good he is as he steps up the comp and the weight. I think at the highest level he will be a win some lose some heavyweight.

Personally I rate Mezhidov very high, he's a big 6'5 skilled HW, he has wins over Savon who's very good who he stopped, Dychko who's good he brutally KO'd, Cammerelle who's very very good, the very talented Russo and beat and hurt Joshua, I think Mezhidov would be a force to be reckoned with at HW if he ever turned pro. And Usyk completely shut him out when they fought. Which is also why I think he'd perform so well at HW.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 11:20 PM   #13
Dos Huevos
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

The Brits and Floyd/Broner fans already chiming in with how overrated and boring he is.

Who saw that coming???
Dos Huevos is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #14
lepinthehood
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos Huevos View Post
The Brits and Floyd/Broner fans already chiming in with how overrated and boring he is.

Who saw that coming???
lepinthehood is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #15
OvidsExile
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post

He's got good technique with that extensive amateur background, but I think Joshua is a much better natural athlete and will just brutalize him if he goes to heavyweight. I think that power and speed are going to be his enemies at the professional level.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Modugno's head is too small for his body? He looks like a Modugno.
OvidsExile is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum