Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #256
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings:Saul Alvarez is the new #1 contender @ 154lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I personally still have Floyd number one but it's wholly dependent on whether he stays in the division or not.
I'm taking this under advisement.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #257
punchbug
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 85
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings:Saul Alvarez is the new #1 contender @ 154lbs

Geale #2 really? Does ducking superior opposition not matter? The biggest handicap to the sport is top ten fighters refusing to scrap with the best. Geale not fighting ggg, should lower his rank.

also, Kessler should top Froch based on his win over him.
punchbug is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #258
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Beating Sylvester and Sturm is much better than any victory triple G has.

Froch destroyed bute in one of the best performances of last year. He is a favourite over Kessler. He is a deserved number 2.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #259
MyName
Simon Adebisi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7331

Are the TBR something of a bigger level,I saw these rankings mentioned on ESPN more recently.
MyName is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #260
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Well, we're working on it. A lot of websites publish them as their rankings now, straight up, and both ESPN and Teddy Atlas have been supportive. I think people legitimately do not trust the ring any more, but because it tends to be people that are interested from an historical point of view that's catching on slowly. Obviously the Alphabet rankings are a joke.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #261
MyName
Simon Adebisi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7331

So you're working on these rankings I assume(haven't been following to my shame)?
MyName is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #262
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Yeah, there's a bunch of us. It passes the time, and sweet Jesus does it ever mean i'm on what's going on.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #263
Bushbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

The man did what he needed to do.
Bushbaby is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #264
punchbug
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Beating Sylvester and Sturm is much better than any victory triple G has.

Sylvester who Proksa destroyed, and Sturm who basically lost 4 of his last 5 fights can not be considered much better.

Proksa, Rosado, and Ishida are no less than Sturm, Mundine, and Sylvester. Look at how Golovkin beat his last three vs. Geale's fights.

Do you think Golovkin is more beatable than Geale? Would you favor Geale in that fight?
punchbug is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #265
Super Hans
No clover in the foam
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Don't think Takayama should be number 1 at Strawweight. He was beaten comfortably by Joyi, who injured his leg early in the fight, so was basically fighting one legged.

I know he beat Rodriguez who beat Joyi but that was somewhat of a fluke as Joyi was dominating the fight but gassed out because of the heat (the fight took place outdoors), Rodriguez is no less of a fluke world champ than Rico Ramos was.
Super Hans is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #266
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchbug View Post
Do you think Golovkin is more beatable than Geale? Would you favor Geale in that fight?
Well it's not a question of who could beat who, if Golovkin is better than Geale the truth will out soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Don't think Takayama should be number 1 at Strawweight. He was beaten comfortably by Joyi, who injured his leg early in the fight, so was basically fighting one legged.

I know he beat Rodriguez who beat Joyi but that was somewhat of a fluke as Joyi was dominating the fight but gassed out because of the heat (the fight took place outdoors), Rodriguez is no less of a fluke world champ than Rico Ramos was.
"Flukes", injuries, the results still have to be respected and there's nobody with clearly better scalps.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #267
Super Hans
No clover in the foam
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
"Flukes", injuries, the results still have to be respected and there's nobody with clearly better scalps.

Each to there own put I'd still argue that Joyi has a better resume than Takayama as he has a one sided win over him about a year ago, and also holds wins over Raul Garcia (number 5), and the capable Florante Condes.
Super Hans is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #268
Ringrat
Amateur
ESB Jr Member

Default The New TBRB

What's everyone here think of the TransNational Boxing Rankings Board? Time to ignore the crooked ABC gangs and have a proper ranking of pro boxers.

I have to admit though that I would have Wlad Klitschko as champion. Not his fault his stupid brother won't retire.

Ringrat is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #269
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchbug View Post
Sylvester who Proksa destroyed, and Sturm who basically lost 4 of his last 5 fights can not be considered much better.

Proksa, Rosado, and Ishida are no less than Sturm, Mundine, and Sylvester. Look at how Golovkin beat his last three vs. Geale's fights.

I disagree strongly and think they are in fact much better victories.

I don't actually think there's any strong argument against Geale being number 2.

We'll no more about golovkin when he takes on Macklin and if he impresses he would be a lock for number 3.

As Golovkin v Geale, right now I would go Geale on points.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #270
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Default Re: The New TBRB

Best out there I say.

I don't consider their champions any more prestigious than their number 1's though. Policy is great if accepted globally and it's certainly a step in the right direction.
lufcrazy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum