Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
RafaelGonzal
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default In many ways I feel Pac got railroaded....

first he came out on the short end of one of the most horrendous decisions given a ATG in a meaningful fight vs Bradley. He then somehow gets convinced by Arum to fight Marquez a fourth time? a fight in which he has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

He then somehow gets it in his head that he has to convincingly beat Marquez by KO....which plays into the counterpunches strength. We then encounter a 39 yr old who shows up faster and harder hitting than we have ever seen him before.

lights out. Pac was good for boxing.....Marquez vs Bradley is the fight that should be made but Marquez and his team are slick operators so dont expect anythng you really want.
RafaelGonzal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
sabor
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: In many ways I feel Pac got railroaded....

I'm a pac fan, but whoever his advisor is should be fired. What a terrible job they have done. They should have been made the floyd vs pac fight which could've lead to 1,2,3 fights between the two of them and enjoy 200 mil+ between the two of them. Dumb
sabor is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 7766

No one forced him to fight JMM. That fight made the most $$ sense so they took it. And he had a lot to gain, like KOing JMM and eliminating any doubt who was superior.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I do agree that Pacquiao had alot to lose going into this fight as he'd have to go into it knowing he likely needed help by the judges again.
When you've gottten schooled 3 straight times by the same guy, what confidence can you have going into a fourth?

Pacquiao had little choice on the matter though. He's become accustomed to paydays exceeding 10 million.
Only Mayweather offered Pacquiao above that payscale. Pacquiao wanted to fight Bradley again but not for the ammount of money Arum offered to have him take that fight. The Bradley fight bombed in sales so Arum could not guarantee Pacquiao what he made vs Bradley the first time.

The only other option left was Marquez. A fight Freddie Roach had voiced previously he did'nt want to take again because the same results would appear. Results where fight fans would voice corruption and dishonesty.
Results that would put a taint on Pacquiao's career.

Interestingly enough, Pacquiao did not fight the Kamikazee style Roach had promised. Pacquiao incorporated more movement and boxing to his plan. He was dipping a little lower and underneath Marquez' shots than the previous fights Marquez also tweaked his plan and threw his shots with more torque on them.

Pacquiao has the quickness and speed advantage, and he did better round by round in this last fight than he had done in any of the previous.
The rounds were fought much more competitively than any of the previous fights.
The mistake though is that you dont box with a master like Marquez.
He takes what you give him and makes you pay.

Checkout round 6 again people. Though Pacquiao had the edge in it, Marquez was clearing the cobwebs left over from the round previous where he was stunned and hurt. Round 6 was not a fast paced round. It was fought in a rhythm that leaves room for thinking. That leaves room for a master to set traps.

If you're inferior boxistically, dont ever give a master the chance to think, this will happen........
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
I do agree that Pacquiao had alot to lose going into this fight as he'd have to go into it knowing he likely needed help by the judges again.
When you've gottten schooled 3 straight times by the same guy, what confidence can you have going into a fourth?

Pacquiao had little choice on the matter though. He's become accustomed to paydays exceeding 10 million.
Only Mayweather offered Pacquiao above that payscale. Pacquiao wanted to fight Bradley again but not for the ammount of money Arum offered to have him take that fight. The Bradley fight bombed in sales so Arum could not guarantee Pacquiao what he made vs Bradley the first time.

The only other option left was Marquez. A fight Freddie Roach had voiced previously he did'nt want to take again because the same results would appear. Results where fight fans would voice corruption and dishonesty.
Results that would put a taint on Pacquiao's career.

Interestingly enough, Pacquiao did not fight the Kamikazee style Roach had promised. Pacquiao incorporated more movement and boxing to his plan. He was dipping a little lower and underneath Marquez' shots than the previous fights Marquez also tweaked his plan and threw his shots with more torque on them.

Pacquiao has the quickness and speed advantage, and he did better round by round in this last fight than he had done in any of the previous.
The rounds were fought much more competitively than any of the previous fights.
The mistake though is that you dont box with a master like Marquez.
He takes what you give him and makes you pay.

Checkout round 6 again people. Though Pacquiao had the edge in it, Marquez was clearing the cobwebs left over from the round previous where he was stunned and hurt. Round 6 was not a fast paced round. It was fought in a rhythm that leaves room for thinking. That leaves room for a master to set traps.

If you're inferior boxistically, dont ever give a master the chance to think, this will happen........
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Well said
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dumb thread....before the Marquez fight, Pac didn't really care to much about who he fights. All he was looking for is $$$, who ever Bob pay him more that's who he was fighting. And don't talk about Froid because health come first.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Dumb thread....before the Marquez fight, Pac didn't really care to much about who he fights. All he was looking for is $$$, who ever Bob pay him more that's who he was fighting. And don't talk about Froid because health come first.
If he only thought about money he could have made easy safe money in a rematch with Bradley. Yet he still took on Marquez because that's what the public want most. Pacquiao fights everyone, he never ducked anyone for $.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac fights everybody in front of him, even high risk low reward guys like Marquez and Bradley. Terrible job with matchmaking, Bob Arum is a snake. I hate him, he has really ruined a special thing here with his crappy matchmaking.

Pac should have said no - he knows JMM in the fourth fight finally legitimately beat him, but he wanted to actually prove something, unlike others. Pac is NOT afraid of getting beaten, at all, and to think that he would avoid anyone on earth is ludicrous.

JMM is not better than Pac, but given equal athleticism he has the style to beat Pac every time head to head. Pac deserved the first two fights by a shred because of athleticism, but JMM had completely figured him out by the third.

Pac knew he was beaten, but still took the rematch. Arum sucks. Pac doesn't.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
If he only thought about money he could have made easy safe money in a rematch with Bradley. Yet he still took on Marquez because that's what the public want most. Pacquiao fights everyone, he never ducked anyone for $.

You forget that Bradley got accustomed to Pacquiao's bursts at him and took the late rounds against Pacquiao.
Add to it Bradley was fighting on a bum leg and who's to say Bradley does'nt beat Pacquiao in a rematch having allready experienced what its like to be inside a ring with Pacquiao.

When faced against Pacquiao, half the battle is the shock of seeing so much speed coming at you in a herky jerky type of movement style.
Shane Mosley who was never a mentally strong fighter immediately got mesmerized by it and stopped fighting.
So mesmerized was Mosley by Paquiao's movements that he convinced himself Pacquiao was the hardest puncher he ever faced!

If you're mentally strong, you can overcome Pacquiao's speed and awkwardness and adjust to give yourself a fighthing chance.
Tim Bradley did just that, and I'd say there's a good chance Bradley would do alot better in a rematch.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Starched Him
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
now floyd is on roids? lol
Starched Him is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

not railroided

he got ko'd

fair and square

canceling a fight what would of had no cars outside, cause everyone would of bought/seen it

pacs a bitch
raichu is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
Pac fights everybody in front of him, even high risk low reward guys like Marquez and Bradley. Terrible job with matchmaking, Bob Arum is a snake. I hate him, he has really ruined a special thing here with his crappy matchmaking.

Pac should have said no - he knows JMM in the fourth fight finally legitimately beat him, but he wanted to actually prove something, unlike others. Pac is NOT afraid of getting beaten, at all, and to think that he would avoid anyone on earth is ludicrous.

JMM is not better than Pac, but given equal athleticism he has the style to beat Pac every time head to head. Pac deserved the first two fights by a shred because of athleticism, but JMM had completely figured him out by the third.

Pac knew he was beaten, but still took the rematch. Arum sucks. Pac doesn't.
Can you explain how JMM is low reward when fight 3 is Pacquiao's biggest selling fight in his career?

The reason why Arum setup a 4th fight between them is not because of anything Pacquiao wanted to prove. By the 3rd fight Pacquiao allready knows who is Daddy is.
The 4th fight was setup strictly because the 3rd fight did so well on PPV.
The 3rd fight exceeded sales for Pacquiao's fight with DLH and Cotto!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
You forget that Bradley got accustomed to Pacquiao's bursts at him and took the late rounds against Pacquiao.
Add to it Bradley was fighting on a bum leg and who's to say Bradley does'nt beat Pacquiao in a rematch having allready experienced what its like to be inside a ring with Pacquiao.

When faced against Pacquiao, half the battle is the shock of seeing so much speed coming at you in a herky jerky type of movement style.
Shane Mosley who was never a mentally strong fighter immediately got mesmerized by it and stopped fighting.
So mesmerized was Mosley by Paquiao's movements that he convinced himself Pacquiao was the hardest puncher he ever faced!

If you're mentally strong, you can overcome Pacquiao's speed and awkwardness and adjust to give yourself a fighthing chance.
Tim Bradley did just that, and I'd say there's a good chance Bradley would do alot better in a rematch.
Bradley has no hope in a rematch. He lacks power and has basic skills at best. Pacquiao beats him by UD as he did in the first fight though without the robbery. I'm surprised that someone is actually giving Bradley credit here, I saw that fight 5 times and only gave Bradley 2 rounds. Bradley is a good gatekeeper, nothing more really.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Karma is a mother ****ing BIATCH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Very sad though. Shed a tear.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Bradley has no hope in a rematch. He lacks power and has basic skills at best. Pacquiao beats him by UD as he did in the first fight though without the robbery. I'm surprised that someone is actually giving Bradley credit here, I saw that fight 5 times and only gave Bradley 2 rounds. Bradley is a good gatekeeper, nothing more really.

Just an illustration of emotional idiocy. "A good gatekeeper", "2 rounds"...seriously breh stop.
Reppin501 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum