Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Hard to believe Marquez would cheat.......

I know there are plenty of people out there throwing around the accusations that Marquez was on PED's otherwise he would never have pulled off the Ko against Manny. Now i'm not here to say otherwise, but here is a few common sense answers to the contrary;

- If Juan was intending to cheat and 'juice up' surely he would go for a more low profile PED strength / conditioning coach than someone who notoriously was found guilty in the past, and thus put himself in the spotlight?
- People saying he put all that muscle on in 4 months....thats bollocks. He was looking pretty big against Katsidis back in 2010, he certainly looked more muscle toned etc when facing Pac in their third fight in Nov 2011 which, bringing us up to how he looked last saturday, would mean he has been putting that muscle on over a two year - or more - period. That seems pretty realistic i think.
- People saying 'how come a man of 39 suddenly starts throwing bombs'?
Well, he's always thrown big shots against Pacquiao and never quite landed them as on the button as on saturday. The first KD in rd 3 was a huge roundhouse that you would've expected to miss (and if it had i'm sure the commentators would've speculated on how "if it had landed it could've flattened anyone in that weight class" etc etc), however it did land, and right over the top of Manny's guard which took him completely by surprise. And thus put him on his ass.
- The shot which scored the KO was basically just a perfect example of the stars aligning all at once. Pac's inertia as he leapt towards Juan; Juan's shoulder set in a solid lock as the punch landed;the classic punch you didn't see coming. I've no doubt if Marquez landed that exact punch on anyone around that weight class it would've flattened them.
- Also another point to remember; Marquez had 36 rds to learn, to study, Pacquiao's movements and attack patterns, so it makes sense that he would land his shots with more frequency and conviction in their fourth outing.
- If Juan was indeed 'juiced up' would he have been wobbled as much as he was in rd 5 and 6? Surely he would've been an unstoppable force? And wouldn't his legs have been a little bigger (his chicken legs were out in all their glory)?
- There's probably loads more to say in his defense but i'm in work so must keep this relatively brief, but finally; would such a proud, staunch Mexican warrior of Marquez' class really cheat? I don't know.....
klimting is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Hard to believe Marquez would cheat.......

JMM clearly wanted the fight more, even though up until the ko Pacquiao was performing better. I wouldnt say he was on roids and he wouldnt need to be with the perfect punch he landed
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member

You're answering questions that were never asked and never need to be. Answer this one: what legitimate reason would there be to hire an admitted creator and seller of illegal PEDs?

Once you think you have an answer to that question, read it back to yourself slowly and delete it because it's wrong.
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Blackness
Danny Garcia Beat You...
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Roids... He did it so in your face that you can't believe it and even make excuses. Hitler used this technique well... do it bold and in your face and they won't believe their eyes..

Roids.
Blackness is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Its not the KO that had me wondering. Like the TS said that was the perfect punch. 126 lb Marquez probably would have KO'ed him....the one that has me so WTF???? was the first knock down. Marquez had hit pac with better shots before and you never saw that reaction. That is not deniable. All the old timers always say boxing isn't a wt lifting contest and that wts decrease your power, speed and explosiveness....well there's been plenty of drug cheats that also happened to be wt lifters in boxing so me thinks thats a little odd.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

"Steroids...You win some....you lose some!"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Look at like this.

Mosley, known for having an iron chin, got hit with a single Pacquaio punch and went down, and completely changed his gameplan.

Marquez had a concussion in the ring, and was being hit with multiple, hard combinations.

Additonally, Marquez is now the hardest puncher in the weightclass. Mosley has been powerlifting for years, yet he was never able to obtain what Marquez has.

Now, Marquez has always been a good puncher, but him for him to maintain the speed and have the power, as well as being able to absorb a concussion and a broken nose?

That shit ain't natural. Look at his face. He looks like he has an HGH face.

He hired a known steriod dealer.

I don't recall Mackie Shillstone, perhaps the best S and C coach in all sports having the same success with his fighters in the sense, that they became the most powerful punchers and had chins to sustain concussions.

In fact, if anything, Roy Jones got knocked out when he trained with Shilstone.

Yet Hernadez can perform miracles.

Now, don't get it twisted, after Pacquaio got knocked down, he got off the game plan and found Marquez easier to hit than before and was laying a beating on him, enough to give him a concussion, but he made a mistake.

He got too aggressive. He forgot how dangerous Marquez was, but he couldn't have known that Marquez was suddenly Tommy Hearns.

Watch Marquez last fight against Fedchenko, he has a build, but no speed. This time he has a build and speed.

Say what you will, but it don't look right.

He don't get credit for me. Pacquaio made a mistake, and that's what happens, but I've never seen anything like Marquez before.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

With that said, I can understand why Mayweather is always calling for Drug Testing and refusing to fight certain fighters.

This PED scandal is bigger than we think. Conte's clients are getting busted for steriods in other sports as well as boxing. Berto isn't the only guy getting busted.

And Hernadez...he said it himself. He can make 20 undetectable steroids. They need to kick Hernandez and Conte out of the sport. They need far more stringent testing, but how do you test against undetectable steriods?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackness View Post
Roids... He did it so in your face that you can't believe it and even make excuses. Hitler used this technique well... do it bold and in your face and they won't believe their eyes..

Roids.
I concur...100%!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
hahahax
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimting View Post
I know there are plenty of people out there throwing around the accusations that Marquez was on PED's otherwise he would never have pulled off the Ko against Manny. Now i'm not here to say otherwise, but here is a few common sense answers to the contrary;

- If Juan was intending to cheat and 'juice up' surely he would go for a more low profile PED strength / conditioning coach than someone who notoriously was found guilty in the past, and thus put himself in the spotlight?
- People saying he put all that muscle on in 4 months....thats bollocks. He was looking pretty big against Katsidis back in 2010, he certainly looked more muscle toned etc when facing Pac in their third fight in Nov 2011 which, bringing us up to how he looked last saturday, would mean he has been putting that muscle on over a two year - or more - period. That seems pretty realistic i think.
- People saying 'how come a man of 39 suddenly starts throwing bombs'?
Well, he's always thrown big shots against Pacquiao and never quite landed them as on the button as on saturday. The first KD in rd 3 was a huge roundhouse that you would've expected to miss (and if it had i'm sure the commentators would've speculated on how "if it had landed it could've flattened anyone in that weight class" etc etc), however it did land, and right over the top of Manny's guard which took him completely by surprise. And thus put him on his ass.
- The shot which scored the KO was basically just a perfect example of the stars aligning all at once. Pac's inertia as he leapt towards Juan; Juan's shoulder set in a solid lock as the punch landed;the classic punch you didn't see coming. I've no doubt if Marquez landed that exact punch on anyone around that weight class it would've flattened them.
- Also another point to remember; Marquez had 36 rds to learn, to study, Pacquiao's movements and attack patterns, so it makes sense that he would land his shots with more frequency and conviction in their fourth outing.
- If Juan was indeed 'juiced up' would he have been wobbled as much as he was in rd 5 and 6? Surely he would've been an unstoppable force? And wouldn't his legs have been a little bigger (his chicken legs were out in all their glory)?
- There's probably loads more to say in his defense but i'm in work so must keep this relatively brief, but finally; would such a proud, staunch Mexican warrior of Marquez' class really cheat? I don't know.....
Steroids... nothing to do with chin and if you don't train your legs... they won't grow.

People thinking steroids is this magical potion are definitly retarded.

Anyways, I don't think Marquez cheated, just think you're stupid and should not discuss something you have no clue of.
hahahax is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Suga
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Look at like this.

Mosley, known for having an iron chin, got hit with a single Pacquaio punch and went down, and completely changed his gameplan.

Marquez had a concussion in the ring, and was being hit with multiple, hard combinations.

Additonally, Marquez is now the hardest puncher in the weightclass. Mosley has been powerlifting for years, yet he was never able to obtain what Marquez has.

Now, Marquez has always been a good puncher, but him for him to maintain the speed and have the power, as well as being able to absorb a concussion and a broken nose?

I don't recall Mackie Shillstone, perhaps the best S and C coach in all sports having the same success with his fighters in the sense, that they became the most powerful punchers and had chins to sustain concussions.

Now, don't get it twisted, after Pacquaio got knocked down, he got off the game plan and found Marquez easier to hit than before and was laying a beating on him, enough to give him a concussion, but he made a mistake.

He got too aggressive. He forgot how dangerous Marquez was, but he couldn't have known that Marquez was suddenly Tommy Hearns.

Watch Marquez last fight against Fedchenko, he has a build, but no speed. This time he has a build and speed.

He don't get credit for me. Pacquaio made a mistake, and that's what happens, but I've never seen anything like Marquez before.
So what? Pac is also on steroids and beat big fighters with ease. The best man won. Marquez knew Pac is on steroids so he probably wanted to make it an even fight. Skills won all fights against Pac not steroids
Suga is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Look at like this.

BIg difference between the two is that Mosley was just trying to survive and get payed, Marquez wanted to prove something, you think if he had taken steroids he would've gotten as hurt as he did? another point is that Marquez has always had power except he doesn't go for the KO unless it comes, this time he was going for it and that's why he also got hurt more than in the 3rd fight.
Lets not forget Marquez was willing to take the testing and there are rumors that he wants testing if a 5th fight happens
alakran is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

Heredia and Marquez havn't even mentioned steriods to each other...

But they have alluded towards it to one another..

Marquez: "I need to perform better"
Heredia: "I can do that for you"
Ok deal...

Heredia knowingly gives Marquez undetectable PED's while Marquez trys to block out deep down he might be taking something which he doesn't have knowledge of.
miniq is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
tarugojones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You hire a barber to cut your hair.

You hire a car mechanic to fix your car.

You hire a ped dealer to........ ?
tarugojones is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarugojones View Post
You hire a barber to cut your hair.

You hire a car mechanic to fix your car.

You hire a ped dealer to........ ?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Deal with it!
Rudyard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum