Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #16
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: amir khans chin........again?

His "chin" is pretty damn decent, he took some great shots from Garcia in round 4 before finally getting stopped on his feet, and Peterson and Maidana were wailing on him against the ropes in both fights. His recovery abilities however, are bad, and his defence can be so terrible even anaemic sloths look on in envy.

Last edited by DDDUUDDDEE; 12-14-2012 at 02:25 PM.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Doug DeWitt withstood Tommy Hearns's best right hands all night long, and then in one of his next fight was flattened by the first right hand that non-puncher Quinones threw at him.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
boxingfan24/7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

the reason why he didnt get knocked out in the maidana fight is cause he was expecting maidana to rush at him and knock him out but in the garcia fight he was going for the ko and paid for the price. khan should stick to his hit and move style and he should expect that every opponent from now on is going to go after his suspect chin
boxingfan24/7 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #19
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

He'd do a lot better if he fought a boring style IMO. The Kotelnik fight wassnt great but he showed discipline and composure that he hasn't really shown since.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyT View Post
He'd do a lot better if he fought a boring style IMO. The Kotelnik fight wassnt great but he showed discipline and composure that he hasn't really shown since.
That was a good performance by Khan. But it's kind of overrated somewhat. Konelnik was the perfect style for him. He wasn't ganna punch with with him nor was he ganna drawn him with pressure and inside work. He's basically a punching bag with his very stiff, putting the earmuffs on style. Khan could just salt and pepper him all night. Mcflurry all he wanted and not worry about what was coming back, because just going out of range was enough. You see, Kotelnik can't punch until YOU stop punching. He has to wait for your flurry to end before he starts. Whereas someone like Garcia punched WITH him and caught him inbetween flurries.

I have to give Khan credit though, because many people picked Kotelnik to beat him (I wasn't one of them i hasten to add).
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
Rutzini
Bob n Weave

vCash: 557

Just heard Khan say "my new trainer has told me to work on my defence, dont try and knock them out too early, the knock out will come".

???

I'm sure he said the exact same thing when he joined Freddie? I've been searching some archives for quotes back then but I'm shit and cant find them. I reckon the words are 95% the same. Anyone who has a spare 15 mins - please could you help get that quote when he joined Freddie?
Rutzini is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

the ones that hurt the most are the ones you don't see

he was hurt by maidanas shot in the 10th because he didn't see it, switched off, and wasn't expecting it

the later shots from maidana were all expected and you could ride the punches a bit asnyou could see them coming from the back of the ring.

again same with Garcia, he didn't see the first KD punch, but them saw the other during the onslaught in round 4.

Peterson not really a big puncher, but a lot of his big punches were during the in fighting where you expect to get hit. and khan doing the ear muff defence expected it.

Khan is most vulnerable while he is punching himself. Judah wasn't able to get off due to khans speed. but garcia with perfect timing showed how to do it.

Molina might make the fight close, but it will be more like peterson fight than Garcia. and then again, only if khan stands there and trades or puts up his ear muffs. personally i think we're going to see him on his bike. like the kotelnik fight. maybe with improved footwork less frenetic
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #23
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
That was a good performance by Khan. But it's kind of overrated somewhat. Konelnik was the perfect style for him. He wasn't ganna punch with with him nor was he ganna drawn him with pressure and inside work. He's basically a punching bag with his very stiff, putting the earmuffs on style. Khan could just salt and pepper him all night. Mcflurry all he wanted and not worry about what was coming back, because just going out of range was enough. You see, Kotelnik can't punch until YOU stop punching. He has to wait for your flurry to end before he starts. Whereas someone like Garcia punched WITH him and caught him inbetween flurries.

I have to give Khan credit though, because many people picked Kotelnik to beat him (I wasn't one of them i hasten to add).
That's exactly what I said to someone else not too long ago, Kotelnik waits for you to finish, he rarely if ever tries to counter or exchange, and with Khans high volume non-stop punching style, it was the perfect style to ake Khan look good, but he couldn't beat everyone like that because styles are different.

it was a great win though
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Look, that's boxing for you. One punch can change a fight. I just have to come back stronguh. I know Virgil can take to that next level. It's all about being smart and using your boxing brains. Molina is an undefeated fighter. He's dangerous. He's not on my level. I'm fighting him in his hometown because that's the kind of fighter I am.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

It's psychological. Look at Tyson-Douglas.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

This Lazarus poster clearly has a case of GJD (Glass Jaw Denial). For someone with almost 15k posts, that is hugely embarrassing.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #27
Its me you see
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
This Lazarus poster clearly has a case of GJD (Glass Jaw Denial). For someone with almost 15k posts, that is hugely embarrassing.
Not really.

Its the brain that gets put to sleep not the chin.
Its me you see is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #28
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

funny how some dickheads on this thread claim he has a weak chin but stood up to everything peterson and maidana threw at him for 12 consecutive rounds. and got hit multiple times after the garcia KD, his chin isn't as awful as people claim. a guy with a weak chin goes down against weak hitting fighters thats the definition of a glass jaw.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #29
Rutzini
Bob n Weave

vCash: 557

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
funny how some dickheads on this thread claim he has a weak chin but stood up to everything peterson and maidana threw at him for 12 consecutive rounds. and got hit multiple times after the garcia KD, his chin isn't as awful as people claim. a guy with a weak chin goes down against weak hitting fighters thats the definition of a glass jaw.
Pacman has got a weak chin! 3 KO's!!! yada yada yada. A weak chin means you wouldnt get to Brit level.
A glass jaw at World level? Yes if you have a shite defence. Khan's problems was brilliantly explained by Spence on ringside.
Rutzini is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #30
jcairns1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I actually don't think theres anything much wrong with Khan's chin, it's what he does after he gets hit that ****s him up, the Garcia left hook landed on his neck, not his chin, scrambled his senses and he never recovered, a lot of people might not have even got up from that shot, never mind take the huge shots he took in the fourth round and stood up to.

Against Maidana he tied up and grabbed hold, against Garcia when he was hurt he just stood toe to toe and tried to fight his way out of trouble when his senses were gone.

If he had survived the fourth and fifth rounds of the Garcia fight he might have got through it okay.
jcairns1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum