Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
zico2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: amir khans chin........again?

His chin obviously isnt great but it's not that bad either. He took massive shots from Garcia, multiple knockdowns and was still on his feet and willing to fight on when it was stopped. Took a massive first knockdown from Prescott, but was still able to get up. Big punches landed by Maidana, heavy pressure late in the fight and made it through. I think the bigger problem is his defense, and his attitude when he does get hit with a quality shot, wanting to exchange rather than hold on or box sensibly for a round or two.

Suspect he'll fall into the category of an old dog who can't learn new tricks, but will always be exciting and capable of winning and losing big fights against elite boxers and guys a level below that.
zico2010 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #32
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Khans chin isnt as bad as made out, however hit him in any other part of the head and he's ****ed.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #33
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

A shit defence, low ring IQ and an inability to stick toa game plan are much, much worse than having a glass jaw. A glass jaw to me suggests being hit with an average shot and staying down....as far as I remember the punches that have put an end to Khan in the past have all been pretty monstrous.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #34
Rutzini
Bob n Weave

vCash: 557

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax;14400774[B
]A shit defence, low ring IQ and an inability to stick toa game plan are much, much worse than having a glass jaw[/b]. A glass jaw to me suggests being hit with an average shot and staying down....as far as I remember the punches that have put an end to Khan in the past have all been pretty monstrous.
All of this sooo much Iceman, especially the highlighted bit. I know the guys on here know their boxing and I dont want to repeat what they know but I've tried spouting exactly that for a while to a few casuals but it falls on deaf ears. Sooo hard liking boxing when you are the only one...
Rutzini is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:20 AM   #35
Put-Em-Up
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 6618

A glancing blow by Gomez a nothing shot from limond a neck shot by Garcia. There is no denying Khans chin is the finest china. Yeah he took shots from Maidana but he was on queer street a hell of a lot of rd 10, to the point that Roach was threatening to pull him out. Maybe that beating took even more out of his already fragile jaw.

You show me evidence of Khan having a solid chin and i'll show you evidence that he hasn't.
Put-Em-Up is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #36
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I've actually seen people on here refer to boxers who lose by body shot KO's as having 'A weak chin'
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #37
woodzo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

think it helped that when maidana landed it wa late in this fight when hes obviously not got his maximum power
woodzo is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #38
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
People know nothing about chins or punch resistance.

It's amazing how so many people, even boxers, think you can actually rate or rank a chin. The other guy is wearing 8oz gloves trying to take your head off! Shit, just because the damn boxer gets hurt or stopped, even in more than one fight, does not bloody mean their chin or resistance is bad. We're not machines.

No one is built to withstand a full shot with an 8oz glove. Tell me how it feels to get slapped and tell me that doesn't hurt.
finally someone who is rational.. Nobody got no rights to talk about chin.
freddieMaize is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #39
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

It is ok he is back to his usual opponent in this fight, smaller than him, completely over matched and could not break and egg with a free shot.

I cannot see anything other than a Khan stoppage against Molina.
destruction is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #40
Big Bang
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destruction View Post
It is ok he is back to his usual opponent in this fight, smaller than him, completely over matched and could not break and egg with a free shot.

I cannot see anything other than a Khan stoppage against Molina.
Same kind of thing was said about Prescott.
Big Bang is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #41
Put-Em-Up
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 6618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bang View Post
Same kind of thing was said about Prescott.
Dont think so BB, everyone knew that Prescott had ahalf a punch on him hence the surprise that his new coach chose to fight him. The bookies had Khan a strong favourite due to the hype and his undefeated record, hence my hefty bet on him being KO'd but anyone who knew a bit about boxing knew that Prescott was all wrong for him.
Put-Em-Up is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #42
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
This Lazarus poster clearly has a case of GJD (Glass Jaw Denial). For someone with almost 15k posts, that is hugely embarrassing.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #43
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
The Prescott and Garcia punches were early on in the fight and maybe thrown with a bit more might? Maidana was a bit tired by the time he got Khan in the 10th, and sometimes punches aren't always consistent in the way they rattle you. Maidana's shot, by chance, just probably never managed to disturb the brain's signal to Khan's legs hard enough; allowing Khan to stay upright and not let his legs go beneath him. Prescott and Garcia's, on the other hand, hit the spot perfectly to do the job.

Khan's chin is weak. No denying it.

Maidana was knackered by the 10th round and smothered his work alot in that particular round. He looked like a club fighter wildly swinging away at Khan, looking for one shot rather than setting it up.

Also, a proper strength and conditioning programme prepares the body to take more punishment than it's normally capable of taking. Khan trained S&C with Alex Ariza for the Maidana fight and not the other two. He didn't do it at all for the Prescott fight and did it with Ruben Tabares (who isn't a properly qualified S&C coach) for the Garcia fight.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #44
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
People know nothing about chins or punch resistance.

It's amazing how so many people, even boxers, think you can actually rate or rank a chin. The other guy is wearing 8oz gloves trying to take your head off! Shit, just because the damn boxer gets hurt or stopped, even in more than one fight, does not bloody mean their chin or resistance is bad. We're not machines.

No one is built to withstand a full shot with an 8oz glove. Tell me how it feels to get slapped and tell me that doesn't hurt.
I appreciate you're a Khan fan, but the man DOES have a glass jaw. It's been proven time and time again and will be proven again in the future.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #45
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
I appreciate you're a Khan fan, but the man DOES have a glass jaw. It's been proven time and time again and will be proven again in the future.
And whether these deniers like it or not, Khan's weak chin WILL be discussed on esb .
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum