Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #31
Inquisitive
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
I'm not really a Ward fan. It's funny you should post that. Atleast Ward fights guys his own weight. So he gets a pass on that.

This thread is about Alvarez not Andre Ward.
At least change your avatar before telling a lie that big.
Inquisitive is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #32
Ianian58
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 300

It's good to see how much Canelo's improved since that fight, and has still loads of time to improve.

But he still needs to fight a live 154-Fighter until we know how good he really is.
Ianian58 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #33
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
At least change your avatar before telling a lie that big.

Why do you think i picked that avatar?

Pillz is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #34
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
He already had 32 pro fights listed. And he was fighting a lightweight. He shouldnt be getting rocked by lightweights handpicked by his handlers.

He still hasn't changed since then. His competition hasn't changed since then.

Look at the boxers he fought already.
I've been a critic of Canelo's competition since he was gifted his title but you're still talking bollocks. Ward has been rocked, Bernard Hopkins lost his first fight. What point are you trying to make exactly? He got rocked.....and he shouldn't have got rocked?? What kind of a point is that?

It's like making a thread showing someone shipping a big punch and saying, look, he should have avoided that punch. This is boxing you moron.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #35
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
He mexican, he can be 29 for all we know

at the weak ass excuses used to defend Canelo
You think there is absolutely no administration of citizens information in Mexico, you ignorant cunt.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #36
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
I've been a critic of Canelo's competition since he was gifted his title but you're still talking bollocks. Ward has been rocked, Bernard Hopkins lost his first fight. What point are you trying to make exactly? He got rocked.....and he shouldn't have got rocked?? What kind of a point is that?

It's like making a thread showing someone shipping a big punch and saying, look, he should have avoided that punch. This is boxing you moron.
No. He shouldn't be getting rocked by guys a a division or two lower than him. I don't think you get that because you only started watching boxing since you joined this site.

He has no defense because he probably was never taught it properly. He's not that good.

Mayweather is a different story. He was as good as he was being hyped to be.
Pillz is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #37
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No. He shouldn't be getting rocked by guys a a division or two lower than him. I don't think you get that because you only started watching boxing since you joined this site.

He has no defense because he probably was never taught it properly. He's not that good.

Mayweather is a different story. He was as good as he was being hyped to be.
So you're point is that he's not that good. Well have I said he'll be better than Mayweather? I don't think anyone aside from the most deluded Mexican idiots think he'll ever be as good as Mayweather. Dunno who you're preaching to with this thread.

He is a good fighter though. Fighter's improve you know. Broner lost to Ponce De Leon not too long ago and look at his last performance.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #38
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Oh and I have boxed before so don't tell me I don't know anything about the fundamentals of the sport.

Why don't you start betting your V-cash and prove how good you are at judging talent.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #39
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
So you're point is that he's not that good. Well have I said he'll be better than Mayweather? I don't think anyone aside from the most deluded Mexican idiots think he'll ever be as good as Mayweather. Dunno who you're preaching to with this thread.

He is a good fighter though. Fighter's improve you know. Broner lost to Ponce De Leon not too long ago and look at his last performance.

I don't see how he can significantly improve with the amount of fights he already has under his belt. His defense is his biggest problem. Offensively he hasn't got a problem but defensively and also his ring smarts leave a lot to be desired. He can get away with it with inferior competition but when he's fighting a boxer mover and someone with good technical abilities he may come unstuck.

It's the same with many fighters today because their trainers do not teach them good defense. Look at Brandon Rios. There's many like him. Slugging can only take you so far unless you're an exceptional talent.

You can only get away with not being knocked out for so long unless you have a good defense and a decent chin. Or having a iron chin. Which i don't think he has.

I see Alvarez as a flawed fighter as of right now. Fortunately for him he can get by with his offensive skills. It's his defense which is his problem. His composure is fine but in order to warrant the hype he's getting. He should atleast have improved his defense and he hasn't.

I have trained with Colin Jones and fought before. You probably don't who he is. I don't even know how to bet vcash. I would if i could.
Pillz is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #40
jawbreaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Yeah. I appreciate good boxers. There are like 6 boxers today who are any good. Alvarez fights lightweights and welterweights. Every guy today is inferior to a boxer of yesteryear because they don't know the basics.

Zero defense, low hands, and all offensive type boxers.

That's most boxers today.
There are about 6 good boxers? Really? and you are a fan of the sport?... Really?
jawbreaker is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #41
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
There are about 6 good boxers? Really? and you are a fan of the sport?... Really?
I'm a realist. There's 6 exceptionally talanted boxers which could hang with the boxers of yesteryear. There's a reason why boxing isn't as popular as it was and it isn't just because most boxing is PPV now.

There's decent boxers but most aren't exceptional by any means. There's boxers who can bang and are fun to watch. And might end up getting knocked out in the process but they aren't exceptionally talented but good brawlers.

Not much goes into defense anymore.

I appreciate the oldschool types of boxers. The newschool types have no defence. Brandon Rios, Amir Khan, Danny Garcia, Yourkis Gamboa, Alvarez, Maidana, and the list can go on.
Pillz is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #42
D_Andrade
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Cool Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
What he means is he knows 6 off by heart!
D_Andrade is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #43
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Quote:
He already had 32 pro fights. He was fighting a lightweight. When he get rocked he was hurt.
So. ****ing. What.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #44
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i had a look at canelo boxrec the other day

to say the least i was disapointed

picking on lightweights giving them what looks like an opportunity, lopez should of said nah, health first, but the money too good.

he will avoid trout and any legit competition intill he loses

then he will just want to fight anybody, like khan, nothing to lose then
raichu is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #45
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 259

Quote:
His defense is poor. He let Jose Cotto hit him too many times. If that was a 154 pounder doing that to him it would be over.
You are so right considering the fight was at 147
ricardinho is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum