Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #46
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardinho View Post
You are so right considering the fight was at 147
Yeah it was. And Jose Cotto was a lightweight. Good job.
Pillz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #47
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: section 8
Posts: 11,482
vCash: 107
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
He already had 32 pro fights. He was fighting a lightweight. When he get rocked he was hurt.
Canelo was only 19. It must be actually more embarrassing for J. Cotto losing to the kid. Even the p4p king Ward got rocked by a journeyman.
elchivito is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #48
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 259
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
Yeah it was. And Jose Cotto was a lightweight. Good job.
Ok... I just looked at some of your other posts and realized either a troll or just imcompetent.
ricardinho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #49
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Canelo was only 19. It must be actually more embarrassing for J. Cotto losing to the kid. Even the p4p king Ward got rocked by a journeyman.

Yes he did. I don't claim to be a big fan of his like many on here are. Why would it be embarassing for J. Cotto to lose against a highly touted prospect who had the same amount of fights as him?

It's more embarassing the fact this overhyped boxer got rocked by a journeyman who he brought up in weight.

The difference between the Ward knock down is Ward was caught off balance and he didn't see the punch. Which doesn't excuse the knockdown but he was never really hurt.

Jose Cotto teed off on him and Alvarez was on wobbly legs. He barely got out of danger. The tension was building early on in that fight when he took them shots and just survived.
Pillz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #50
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardinho View Post
Ok... I just looked at some of your other posts and realized either a troll or just imcompetent.
He's a 154 pounder now and he's not fighting 154 pounders. He's fighting lightweights, welterweights, and old, shot boxers.

So what's your point?
Pillz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #51
jawbreaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 416
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
I'm a realist. There's 6 exceptionally talanted boxers which could hang with the boxers of yesteryear. There's a reason why boxing isn't as popular as it was and it isn't just because most boxing is PPV now.

There's decent boxers but most aren't exceptional by any means. There's boxers who can bang and are fun to watch. And might end up getting knocked out in the process but they aren't exceptionally talented but good brawlers.

Not much goes into defense anymore.

I appreciate the oldschool types of boxers. The newschool types have no defence. Brandon Rios, Amir Khan, Danny Garcia, Yourkis Gamboa, Alvarez, Maidana, and the list can go on.
Your logic is so flawed, I don't know where to begin. First, you can not use Mayweather as a measuring stick. There are decent boxers in your local boxing gym. At the level you are talking about those guys are good nah great. Anytime you are ranked in the top of any weight class, that's saying that there are only a handful of people in the world that are as good as you at this particular thing. And the word you use to describe it is decent?

Maybe you need a dictionay or a thesaurs, or something; because you definetly need some more adjectives
jawbreaker is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #52
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
Your logic is so flawed, I don't know where to begin. First, you can not use Mayweather as a measuring stick. There are decent boxers in your local boxing gym. At the level you are talking about those guys are good nah great. Anytime you are ranked in the top of any weight class, that's saying that there are only a handful of people in the world that are as good as you at this particular thing. And the word you use to describe it is decent?

Maybe you need a dictionay or a thesaurs, or something; because you definetly need some more adjectives

There's no exceptional boxers like the generations before. We saw a lot more top boxers in the past because the sport was at the height of it's popularity.

People would rather go into basketball, american football, baseball,...etc.. than boxing today more than ever.

I used decent because that's what a lot of them are. A lot aren't taught technical abilities but they succeed by being very offensive. The reason why Mayweather is undefeated because he's there not to get hit.

There's been tons of sluggers in the past but only the real talents make it. All sorts of fights could be seen back then than today.

So many styles could mesh together back then.

You could call Roger Mayweather a crackhead because he describes boxers as decent. A lot of them are decent but most of them aren't on the level of yesteryear fighters.

Boxers had way more hunger back then than boxers of today.
Pillz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #53
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 75
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
He's a 154 pounder now and he's not fighting 154 pounders. He's fighting lightweights, welterweights, and old, shot boxers.

So what's your point?
Kermit Cintron is a 154lbs'er with a draw to Sergio Martinez on his record and a win over Angulo.

Ryan Rhodes was a top ranked 154 lbser too.
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #54
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Kermit Cintron is a 154lbs'er with a draw to Sergio Martinez on his record and a win over Angulo.

Ryan Rhodes was a top ranked 154 lbser too.

Ryan Rhodes was a mediocre opponent. Kermit Cintron lost against Carlos Molina before he fought Alvarez.

Carlos Molina should have fought Alvarez over Kermit Cintron.

All the rest are lower weights and shot fighters. Kermit is pretty much done anyway.
Pillz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #55
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 85
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Its not just him being hurt its that he gets hit too much especially with his below sub par opposition. That lack of defense hasn't changed and his promotions have been setting him up to fail with hyping him to be something he hasn't proven and likely will never be. I've been saying that though Lopez, Hatton, and Mosley didn't hurt him because they were blown up Alvarez may have a sense of invincibility. Once he faces a real 154 fighter like Trout he may come in thinking he has a steel chin and get beat to a ko loss.

At the moment he hasn't proven he's a top fighter though I'll still watch Alvarez-Floyd it'll be a fun fight even if Floyd's not a 154 pounder. His age and coming outta jail will make things intereting.
techks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #56
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,406
vCash: 500
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

He got rocked once (not dropped) as a 19 year old in a fight he won by TKO and people are talking like that makes him shit now
oli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #57
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

That video is so 2010.

Get with the times, brah.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #58
saintsmike
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
Yeah. I appreciate good boxers. There are like 6 boxers today who are any good. Alvarez fights lightweights and welterweights. Every guy today is inferior to a boxer of yesteryear because they don't know the basics.

Zero defense, low hands, and all offensive type boxers.

That's most boxers today.
saintsmike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #59
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mexico
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

lot of canelo backers here using their know-it-all-attitudes and taunting emoticons.

how about one of you guys(more than two years and 1000 posts) step up and make a lifetime esb ban bet with me that canelo loses before he beats three top five boxrec.com 154(the rhodes fight does not count).

thats how confident i am that la perra corriendo is nothing special.

its called putting up or shutting up.

talk is cheap.

and all i see here is a lot of cheap muther****ers with big mouths and little for balls.

Last edited by Quincy K; 12-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #60
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mexico
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Saul 'El Canelo' Alvarez Get's Rocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
He got rocked once (not dropped) as a 19 year old in a fight he won by TKO and people are talking like that makes him shit now
cotto hurting him means nothing. miguel was rocked on numerous occasions at 140 because the cut adversely affected him. he was extremely durable at 147.

ggg knocking canelo stiff in sparring with full headgear and 16-18 ounce gloves along with canelos suspect matchmaking with washed-up ww's and jww's is far more alarming.

and what makes canelo shit is him deciding to defend his belt against the loser(pwilliams and cintron) of fights instead of the winners(lara/molina).
Quincy K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013