Old 12-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416
Default Re: The Final Call: Larry Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
What a genuinely awful, ignorant post. Incidentally, Merchant was an excellent print journalist before moving to TV.
What's ignorant about it? Because I don't like his style and find him boring as watching grass grow?
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #17
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
What's ignorant about it? Because I don't like his style and find him boring as watching grass grow?
No, the way you disparaged vastly experienced guys like Kellerman and Lampley. You think Kellerman in particular is clueless? It shows how little you know about the shift these guys put in before coming to prominence.

Couldn't care less if you dislike Merchant.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #18
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thank ****, about time!

He has been dragging the sport of boxing down for years, who on earth did he think he was calling Mayweather out at 81?

He never gave Mayweather any shine, and he was HBO's best friend because he made the money, and HBO needed to fire his ass like Foyd said, HBO- Pacquiao-Bradley, "Pacquiao won every round." so the then went on "Pacquiao won every round"

If I ever watch a fight on HBO, if they start with that shit I have to mute. Pacquiao-Clottey was another. But that was more Lampley. "Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, want some more? BANG BANG BANG" They were so far up Pacquiao's ass, I bet they cried after Marquez took their hero out.

Hopefully our equivalent Jim Watt can do the same. Bring some fresh blood in for a change, we dont need OAP's calling fights, it would explain why they are so full of BS when calling them, they are all blind as bats.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
No, the way you disparaged vastly experienced guys like Kellerman and Lampley. You think Kellerman in particular is clueless? It shows how little you know about the shift these guys put in before coming to prominence.

Couldn't care less if you dislike Merchant.
If you're offended because little old me thinks Lampley and Kellerman are morons who shouldn't have their jobs then.... I'm sorry.... I apologise.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #20
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Thank ****, about time!

He has been dragging the sport of boxing down for years, who on earth did he think he was calling Mayweather out at 81?

He never gave Mayweather any shine, and he was HBO's best friend because he made the money, and HBO needed to fire his ass like Foyd said, HBO- Pacquiao-Bradley, "Pacquiao won every round." so the then went on "Pacquiao won every round"

If I ever watch a fight on HBO, if they start with that shit I have to mute. Pacquiao-Clottey was another. But that was more Lampley. "Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, want some more? BANG BANG BANG" They were so far up Pacquiao's ass, I bet they cried after Marquez took their hero out.

Hopefully our equivalent Jim Watt can do the same. Bring some fresh blood in for a change, we dont need OAP's calling fights, it would explain why they are so full of BS when calling them, they are all blind as bats.
We agree on something finally.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #21
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Did you see when Pacquaio got KO'd by Marquez? Those two OAP's sat ringside with their hands out by Manny's face?

That was the same reaction Merchant and Lampley had.

"MANNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

They were as bad as Jinky, is it Jinky? Pacquiaos missus?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #22
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Did you see when Pacquaio got KO'd by Marquez? Those two OAP's sat ringside with their hands out by Manny's face?

That was the same reaction Merchant and Lampley had.

"MANNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

They were as bad as Jinky, is it Jinky? Pacquiaos missus?
Lampley was ****ing crying!!!! Nothing wrong with being concerned for a fighter when's brutually KO'ed like that but sweet Jesus, the way he was acting you'd think he'd bet a million quid on Pacquiao to win and had just lost it all. Barely congratulated Marquez on his victory or anything. Stinks of absolute bias. That's why I hate HBO's broadcasting team.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Lampley was ****ing crying!!!! Nothing wrong with being concerned for a fighter when's brutually KO'ed like that but sweet Jesus, the way he was acting you'd think he'd bet a million quid on Pacquiao to win and had just lost it all. Barely congratulated Marquez on his victory or anything. Stinks of absolute bias. That's why I hate HBO's broadcasting team.
He was fine though after a while, and this was well after the fight before we got to see Lampley's mush. Their hero got taken out!

Just for you, Jim.....OK JIM!?! OK JIM!?! OK JIM!?! BANG! BANG! BANG!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU[/ame]

They barely wiped a snotty nose for Manny Steward, yet were struggling to hold back the tears when Marquez destroyed their hero.

GET OUTTA HERE! Lampley and Merchant were straight in the dressing room kissing Manny's head better I bet.

Thank f*ck Merchant has gone! pPerhaps we'll get some neutral views for once?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #24
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Donaire demanded a apology from Lampley he supposedly likened Pacquiao's KO to the Calamity in Philippines..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #25
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Larry is the best out there, takes no shit! He'll ask the questions that need asking! He can't be bought off! He won't suck Floyd's ****! He's seen & heard it all! He ai'nt a company man! How anyone can squark about his contribution to the sport borders on pure pig ignorence of the sport & life in general.

No way could you bully old school scribes like Merchant & now all we have is the talking head that is Kellerman, who has the on air personalilty of that of a man who is out of his depth & knows it, but has been blessed with the good fortune of his joo connections in a joo controlled HBO board & thats the only way he could have ever got himself placed onto the top table for big fight nights.
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

I think it's class that boxing as a sport allows people to go on into their eighties. That experience and wisdom was hard to ignore.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #27
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Donaire demanded a apology from Lampley he supposedly likened Pacquiao's KO to the Calamity in Philippines..
I remember that. VERY tasteless comment. Not the first time he'd done it either.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #28
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"I'm told that lots of women tune in to watch Wladimir Klitschko every time he fights. Judging from his looks, I can see why"

"He said he has music in his brain.. I'm not sure I want to hear it" - Naz vs Kelly

"This could be the end of Western civilisation as we know it" - Naz vs Kelly entrance

"What is Chris Byrd hollering about?" Byrd vs Ibeabuchi when Byrd takes a huge shot and then claims he slipped to the referee. "Shame on Chris Byrd for all that hollering"

"This whale has just been harpooned" - Vitali vs Johnson

"You said he had no skill level and no heart. What do you say now?" - The first thing he asked Lewis after the Vitali fight

"Why are you doing this? This won't happen on HBO again!!" - Interviewing Hopkins after the Hakkar fight

"Floyd Mayweather says that Ricky Hatton should appreciate the fact that Mayweather is fighting him... lets see how Hatton shows his appreciation" - Bell rings for first round
lirva is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #29
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
''This is the way it has to end'' that for me was one of the greatest quotes in a fight ever. It was timed to perfection, it was the right call as well. It snatched the moment.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Yeah I loved that quote. Perfect timing and delivery from Larry
lirva is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #30
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

the greatest moment in boxing commentary history bar none

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Zert5VaWk[/ame]
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top