Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #46
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: George Foreman Says He Was Drugged Before Ali Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
According to his memoir "God in My Corner" Foreman claims he was secretly drugged prior to his heavyweight title fight against Ali in Zaire. George claims he was given a strange-tasting cup of water just prior to the fight.

"I almost spit it out ... Man, I know this water has medicine in it," Foreman told his trainer at the time, according to his book. "I climbed into the ring with that medicinal taste still lingering in my mouth ... After the third round, I was as tired as if I had fought 15 rounds. What's going on here? Did someone slip a drug in my water?" Foreman's trainer denied the water had anything in it.

George has said this a few times in recent years what are people's thoughts?

Add another one to the list

Ah..........The Foreman was drugged fable. THAT old chestnut. In more sensible moments,George has admitted that Ali's victory was totally above board. There may well be the odd few that still believe that load of *******s,sadly.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #47
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
I've heard this peculiar excuse brought up for a number of losses in the heavyweight division before now.

Can anyone tell me what particular compound would drastically affect your stamina in such a way without leading to other nasty side effects like vomiting, diarrhea, fainting etc?

A Muhammad Ali right hand lead ****tail.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #48
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
I can't believe you Ali haters! You have stooped low enough to blame Foremans loss on **** ***!
You can't jump into any sort of athletic activity after it. Smoke, and order some chinese food.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #49
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Foreman has like 1000 excuses for this fight lol.

The **** *** thing was a joke article written by "Zeferino Jackson", whom used to post here by the name of Jack Prescott.

Funny stuff, although he has a disturbing fascination with **** and the size of black men's anatomy.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #50
SILVER SKULL 66
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Yea i suppose he was drugged before the Morrison fight too, and throw in the young fight too, just another lame excuse for geting his ass kicked..

Maybe next week Moorer will finally come out and say he was drugged before his fight with Foreman...
SILVER SKULL 66 is online now  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 01:05 AM   #51
grumpy old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Excuses pulled by fighters when they lose are tiresome at best. I heard someone claiming not long back Vitali Klitschko was drugged before one of his losses. Give me a break
grumpy old man is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #52
Entaowed
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Boxed Ears has a nuanced take on it. Though the questions of Bill B. & anything surrounding King are valid, it seems unlikely.

Why would he not seize on the loose ropes AND Ali holding + pulling down on him all night? Now THESE things must have either had Foreman go down earlier or conceivably in totem could have made the whole difference in the victor, right? A 217 lb. strong man pulling on your neck all night is very wearing. Ali could not take it from Foreman.
Entaowed is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #53
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Jesus Christmas people. Witch doctor. Covered in the first page.

The woman with the trembling hands. She's got him...
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 AM   #54
BrutalForeman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I wouldnt put it past ALI to be behind a drugging scheme. Fact is that guy was a dirty loudmouth SOB with no honor, class or respect for the sport.

Last edited by BrutalForeman; 06-09-2014 at 01:53 AM.
BrutalForeman is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 AM   #55
grumpy old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalForeman View Post
I wouldnt put it past ALI to be behind a drugging scheme. Fact is that guy was a dirty loudmouth SOB with no honor, class or respect for the sport.
In your opinion. Not many share it though. In fact millions have a very different view.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 AM   #56
grumpy old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Man View Post
Millions of people are sheep, the world wouldn't function otherwise.

Surely it can't be denied that there's a very good case here atleast? Nobody said it's certain.
Nobody said it's certain is the bottom line
Old 06-09-2014, 03:15 AM   #57
Entaowed
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bottom line is it has not been shown to be likely, even though possible.

Brutal Foreman, you assert premises absent evidence.

There is no indication Ali would be, let alone was, involved in a drug plot, or any kind of fix. And he fought bravely over many years, while losing his prime.

Most you can accuse him of is laziness sometimes in his 2nd career, & certainly a lack of decency & honor regarding how he treated his defender & benefactor Frazier, cruelly playing on racism & humiliation.

Gloaming on to a fighter & channeling all desired "tough" or good characteristics & projecting all Fear & Loathing, & transparently your own disowned Dark Side upon the "bad" guy is a tiresome immaturity at best, participates in unbrave cruelty often too. Bottom line is it has not been shown to be likely, even though possible.

There is no indication Ali would be, let alone was, involved in a drug plot, or any kind of fix. And he fouht bravely over many years, while losing his prime.

Most you can accuse him of is laziness sometimes in his 2nd career, & certainly a lack of decency & honor regarding how he treated his defender & benefactor Frazier, cruel playing on racism.

Gloaming on to a fighter & channeling all desired "tough" or good characteristics & projecting all Fear & Loathing, & transparently your own disowned Dark Side upon the "bad" guy is a tiresome immaturity at best, participates in unbrave cruelty often too.
Foxy does it re: Tyson, it is infantile.

I hope you are young & move past this low & regrettable phrase

Foreman himself does not remotely agree with you.sychological problem; do you freally think that "your" guy is all good & his "enemuy" all bad? This black & white thinking is divorced from reality, you are *not* struggling to figure out The Nuanced Truth as many others here are doing. You are playing out a personal psychodrama. This is a marked & obvious problem.

Foreman himself does not remotely agree with you.
Entaowed is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 03:24 AM   #58
BrutalForeman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaowed View Post
Bottom line is it has not been shown to be likely, even though possible.

There is no indication Ali would be, let alone was, involved in a drug plot, or any kind of fix. And he fouht bravely over many years, while losing his prime.

Most you can accuse him of is laziness sometimes in his 2nd career, & certainly a lack of decency & honor regarding how he treated his defender & benefactor Frazier, cruel playing on racism.

Gloaming on to a fighter & channeling all desired "tough" or good characteristics & projecting all Fear & Loathing, & transparently your own disowned Dark Side upon the "bad" guy is a tiresome immaturity at best, participates in unbrave cruelty often too.

Foreman himself does not remotely agree with you.
Really? So thats why he wrote that he felt he was drugged in a 2007 book? hmmm.

I dont worship at the alter of Ali, you are free to lick his nuts if you choose.
BrutalForeman is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 04:20 AM   #59
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaney View Post
Foreman says in an interview in 'The Life and Times of Muhammad Ali' by Thomas Hauser (1991) that as a constant winner, he didn't know how to lose with dignity; and so he came up with all sorts of excuses after his loss to Ali. Including that he was drugged. In the Hauser book, Foreman mocks his younger, excuse-making-self by saying: "Yeah - I was drugged alright - I got a big dose of that Ali right."

He did say that he could have gotten up after the knockdown, but looked to his corner as a fighter is trained to do, and the signal to rise didn't come in time. However, he admitted that he was very tired, and that in all probability Ali would still have beaten him even if he'd beaten the count.

Unfortunately, he's changed his story quite a few of times over the years, which damages his credibility as a witness.
In his autobiography he said ."Though I could have ,I didnt get up immediately". " Instead of watching the referee's count you were supposed to look for your cornerman's signal .Even as I did I could hear Zack Clayton's count.He said eight and Sadler motioned me up.I stood at once ,but Clayton waved me off with a quick count". George blamed just about everybody for his defeat except himself and Ali's right hand. Drugged my ****!

Last edited by mcvey; 06-09-2014 at 04:33 AM.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2014, 04:30 AM   #60
Entaowed
Contender
ESB Senior Member

BF< c'mon now...

You have just showed an object lesson in your juvenile bias.
I am not name calling, but describing your conduct.

1) When I described Foreman not remotely agreeing with you, it clearly was targeted as was the rest of my comment---> upon your opinion of Foreman.
Which Ali never believed.

2) How am I merely worshipping Ali? I just wrote strong critiques about how he treated Frazier, & said he was lazy (& not always in the best shape) sometimes in his 2nd career.

3) Since YOU only say positive things about Foreman, never critique him & always slam his opponents in a cartoonishly imbalanced way, are you not projecting your own oral service/psychophant inclination upon me?

I like Foreman & rate him pretty high, higher than HE rated himself, saying he did not rate top 10, had Patterson ahead of him.

You cannot begin to deny that your undiscerning worship of Foreman & hate for his opponents is factually wrong & immature.

THAT is what Foreman does not remotely agree with you on.
Many beieve it is an act, but I think nah, he became a much better person-though some dark side may emerge here & there.

You also can change & grow.
Entaowed is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum