IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: WSB (World Series of Boxing) - Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Two weeks until the playoffs!

Week 9 is next weekend, February 21st-23rd.

• Ukraine @ USA - 2/21/13, 10pm EST/3am UK/7pm local Pacific
  • Poland @ Algeria - 2/22/13, 1pm EST/6pm UK/7pm local CET
  • Azerbaijan @ Mexico - 2/22/13, 10pm local/3am UK/9pm local CST
  • Great Britain @ Germany - 2/23/13, 2pm EST/7pm UK/8pm local CET
  • Kazakhstan @ Italy - 2/23/13, 3pmEST/8pm UK/9pm local CET
  • Russia @ Argentina - 2/23/13, 9pm EST/2am UK/11pm local ART
Lineups:

• Joe Gregory Perez vs. Alexandr Riscan (bantamweight)
  • Anvar Yunusov vs. Vyacheslav Kyslytsyn (lightweight)
  • TBA vs. Olexandr Strets'Kyy (middleweight)
  • Dzemal Bosnjak vs. Sergiy Lapin (light heavyweight)
  • Istvan Bernath vs. Viktor Vykhryst (heavyweight)
Another 0-5 for the Knockouts, most likely.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #647
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

On second thought...

Maybe Yunusov gets a W.

Or Bosnjak, considering Lapin has lost all four of his bouts in WSB.

So at best, 2-3.

Ukraine is really sending out their dregs here, and still they should comfortably take the meet.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #648
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Some interesting results this weekend; Mex 5-0 Aze, Ger 5-0 GB, Ita 4-1 Kzk & Arg 4-1 Russia.

Does anyone know why the USA-Ukraine match was postponed?
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #649
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
On second thought...

Maybe Yunusov gets a W.

Or Bosnjak, considering Lapin has lost all four of his bouts in WSB.

So at best, 2-3.

Ukraine is really sending out their dregs here, and still they should comfortably take the meet.
Yunuson vs Kyslytsyn will be close but i favor Kyslytsyn. Him and Matviychuk are very good LW's and could be the #1 and 2 for any team, unfortunately for them they have been at 60kg stuck behind Lomachenko although i think Kyslytsyn has moved up to 64 now and is pretty big.

I favor Bosnjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Some interesting results this weekend; Mex 5-0 Aze, Ger 5-0 GB, Ita 4-1 Kzk & Arg 4-1 Russia.

Does anyone know why the USA-Ukraine match was postponed?
A coupe days ago they said the members of Ukraine's team had a delay in aquiring their visas to the US. The plan is to go there and have the fights as soon as they come through. It shouldn't be an issue since all their 3rd and 4th rate guys are fighting so all the 1st and 2nd rate boxers can train together for next weeks important fight against the UK. Only issue might be the coaches since some will have to go with the boxers to the US but i think the coaching staff is deep enough for it not to be a problem.

So after the UK went 0-5 this week if Ukraine vs USA does happen with Ukraine winning then they'll be tied in team wins and Ukraine will lead with at least 3 more individual wins going into the final week 8 match against eachother.

Last edited by Vysotsky; 02-24-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #650
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Most importantly Kazakhstan's HW from Romainia Mihai Nistor handed Clemente Russo his first loss in WSB !!! In Nistor's first fight he was utterly robbed against Yoka. The individual fight video hasnt been posted but the event video is and can be seen there.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #651
BuriK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Im trying to get the ringside ticket for British Lionhearts vs Ukrainians in York hall for this friday match but ill need to sort out some things before i can purchase the ticket.... hopefully ill get everything sorted its not often you will get to see Lomachenko, usyk and gvozdyk all on the same card fighting!!!!

edit, cant get the tickets as a few obstacles appeared as always which is a shame but defo will be watching it on tv!!!!

Last edited by BuriK; 02-24-2013 at 06:45 PM.
BuriK is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #652
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Most importantly Kazakhstan's HW from Romainia Mihai Nistor handed Clemente Russo his first loss in WSB !!! In Nistor's first fight he was utterly robbed against Yoka. The individual fight video hasnt been posted but the event video is and can be seen there.
I was really happy about this one

I ****ing hate Russo
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #653
Paddy85
Journeyman

Will Gvozdyk be fighting for the Ukraine this weekend?
Paddy85 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #654
BuriK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

one of my friends told me gvozdyk will not be fighting this friday after checking the ukrainian social site but the site where i bought my tickets for this event says that he will be fighting!!! anws got my tickets for the brits vs ukrainian ottomans, hopefully ukrainians win and Lom and Usyk put on a great show!!!
BuriK is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #655
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuriK View Post
one of my friends told me gvozdyk will not be fighting this friday after checking the ukrainian social site but the site where i bought my tickets for this event says that he will be fighting!!! anws got my tickets for the brits vs ukrainian ottomans, hopefully ukrainians win and Lom and Usyk put on a great show!!!
WSB site lists Solonenko, they usually post the roster on the Ukrainian Boxing Federation website so we should know in a day or two for sure. Slightly disappointed that both teams arent using their #1 guys for every weightclass but should still be very good.

Selby vs Ilnytskyy - Easy, easy win for UK here. Why Butsenko isnt fighting idk and Goglyev is better too.

Lomachenko vs Maxwell - Don't know why Nevin or Taylor aren't fighting.

Evans vs Mytrofanov - Real good fight and should be close but i definitely think Golub is a better style matchup against Evans and would be more likely to win than Dmytro.

Ward vs Solonenko - No Gvozdyk or Poyatsyka, if true this is baffling.

Joyce vs Usyk - Fight of the night. Joyce coming off his win over Hrgovic and Usyk facing his first elite SHW and one with great combos and workrate. Will Usyk's speed, footwork and angles limit Joyce's high volume? Against big men who stand in front of him Joyce can throw his 4-6 punch combos at a stationary target, if Usyk uses his angles to land shots and circle out it won't allow Joyce as many oppertuities along with his counter punching which could make Joyce more hesitant to open up. I was skeptical of Usyk at SHW before WSB but he's looked good so far, if he beats Joyce then i will believe he can turn pro at HW and be capable of actually doing something there.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #656
BuriK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i am not happy gvozdyk wont be fighting as i looked at the flyer and his name was on it..... but its all good still should be a good night and hopefully ukrainians pull out the win as i think the middleweight will decide who is gona win this fixture as i fully expect Lom and Usyk, maxwell and Ward to win so the deciding bout should be the middleweight fight!!!!
BuriK is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #657
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
WSB site lists Solonenko, they usually post the roster on the Ukrainian Boxing Federation website so we should know in a day or two for sure. Slightly disappointed that both teams arent using their #1 guys for every weightclass but should still be very good.

Selby vs Ilnytskyy - Easy, easy win for UK here. Why Butsenko isnt fighting idk and Goglyev is better too.

Evans vs Mytrofanov - Real good fight and should be close but i definitely think Golub is a better style matchup against Evans and would be more likely to win than Dmytro.

Ward vs Solonenko - No Gvozdyk or Poyatsyka, if true this is baffling.

Joyce vs Usyk - Fight of the night. Joyce coming off his win over Hrgovic and Usyk facing his first elite SHW and one with great combos and workrate. Will Usyk's speed, footwork and angles limit Joyce's high volume? Against big men who stand in front of him Joyce can throw his 4-6 punch combos at a stationary target, if Usyk uses his angles to land shots and circle out it won't allow Joyce as many oppertuities along with his counter punching which could make Joyce more hesitant to open up. I was skeptical of Usyk at SHW before WSB but he's looked good so far, if he beats Joyce then i will believe he can turn pro at HW and be capable of actually doing something there.
Some strange decisions by both teams.

Really dissappointed we wont get to see Ward-Gvodzyk which couldve been excellent. Nevin would give Loma a much tougher fight than Maxwell will.

Evans-Mytrofanov & Joyce-Usyk are both very interesting fights, Evans has been extremely lucky in WSB so far.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #658
Paddy85
Journeyman

Quote:
Nevin's injured, kept him out of the Irish seniors as well. Even though I really rate Nevin, I think he'd be in huge trouble against Lomachenko at 61kg. Nevin is still a bantamweight.
Paddy85 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #659
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #660
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

It's time!!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum