Old 03-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #841
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880
Default Re: WSB (World Series of Boxing) - Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Berinchyk, Mytrofanov and Gvozdyk are fighting on the 22nd in the Ukraine against Azerbaijan. Berinchyk is not facing Selimov so I assume that leaves the next week in Azerbaijan open to.... Lomachenko vs Selimov!
qwert is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #842
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 11500

Quote:
Berinchyk, Mytrofanov and Gvozdyk are fighting on the 22nd in the Ukraine against Azerbaijan. Berinchyk is not facing Selimov so I assume that leaves the next week in Azerbaijan open to.... Lomachenko vs Selimov!
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #843
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Ukraine vs Azerbaijan March 22 (Roster Confirmed)

Butsenko vs Germakhanov - 50/50 Should be a close, fast paced, highly skilled fight. Likely to be the most competitive and entertaining two way fight.

Berinchyk vs Tojibaev - 60/40 Denis. Should be a difficult fight for him. Tojibaev has a size advantage, is athletic with quick hands and feet and has an ambush type style using very good movement and footwork on the outside then jumping in with aggressive hard combos.

Mytrofanov vs Musalov - Dmytro. Musalov made Russo's style look beautiful last season as he would lead with his head, force himself on your chest then maul you with single shots, occasionally using legit Greco Roman Wrestling takedowns to throw you to the canvas. He literally did more wrestling than boxing and was a ****ing disgrace. This season he isnt as bad and seems to be trying to box more but is too limited for Dmytro. Mytrofanov's good defense and headmovement along with his terrific combinations will be too much, question is how ****ing ugly will Musalov make it.

Gvozdyk vs Cheles - Gvozdyk injured his arm in his last fight against Sabacius and i was worried he may miss playoffs, fortunately it wasnt serious. Cheles is a southpaw who slaps a bit with his punches and keeps his hands down relying on reflexes so his defense looks pretty open. Gvozdyk should win this and he may put a bit of a hurt on him.

Rudenkiy vs Medzhidov - Disappointed we don't get to see Usyk vs Medzhidov but since we get Vasyl vs Selimov i won't complain. Rudenkiy hasn't fought in WSB yet but won Ukrainian Nationals in 2012 beating Arkhypenko. They're quite similar and Arkhypenko gave Hrgovic a good fight but is 0-3 (should be 1-2 with losses to Hrgovic and Russo) due to being undersized at 6'0 200-210lbs. Rudenkiy is 6'0 southpaw but a little stronger/heavier with fast hands, good combos and pretty skilled. Should be competitive and he may even give Medzhidov trouble in spots and have some moments but i cant see him winning this.

Ukraine vs Azerbaijan March 30 (Unconfirmed Roster but easy to predict)

Ilynskyy vs Kurbanov

Lomachenko vs Selimov

Golub vs Vasialou

Poyatsyka vs Magomedau

Usyk vs Abdullayev
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #844
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Both should be great meets.

I think Ukraine ultimately advances.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #845
BuriK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Confirmed it will be Lomachenko vs Selimov, two undefeated lightweights in this years wsb, somebodys O has got to go!!!!!
BuriK is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #846
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuriK View Post
Confirmed it will be Lomachenko vs Selimov, two undefeated lightweights in this years wsb, somebodys O has got to go!!!!!
Being in Azerbaijan it's going to be interesting, close rounds may be swayed towards the home fighter. Lomachenko is going to have to be at the top of his game, Selimov is in good form without the headgear.
I just hope there's as much personal feeling in it as the contest in Beijing, Selimov wanted to fight Lomachenko in the car park after the bout finished
This fight is just as big as Donaire v Rigondeaux for me.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #847
BuriK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Being in Azerbaijan it's going to be interesting, close rounds may be swayed towards the home fighter. Lomachenko is going to have to be at the top of his game, Selimov is in good form without the headgear.
I just hope there's as much personal feeling in it as the contest in Beijing, Selimov wanted to fight Lomachenko in the car park after the bout finished
This fight is just as big as Donaire v Rigondeaux for me.
i agree with you but if a robbery will occur it will go in favour of Lomachenko i believe as he is bringing a large crowd of followers everywhere he goes, when i went to watch lionhearts vs ottamans at york the girl behind the door said it was sold out due to lomachenko being there lol!!! but i believe lomachenko will beat him relatively easily as he improved a lot since that loss plus he avenged it anws!!! would of been funny to see them two brawl it out at the car park though i would pay to watch it ha!!!!
BuriK is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #848
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

Favorable match-ups for UKR!
Kevin Willis is online now  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #849
stevebhoy87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What a bout that will be, can't wait for it
stevebhoy87 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #850
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Rudenkiy vs Medzhidov - Disappointed we don't get to see Usyk vs Medzhidov but since we get Vasyl vs Selimov i won't complain.
Usyk is fighting Medzhidov!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #851
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Usyk is fighting Medzhidov!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Holy shit. Okay this is ****ing awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Ukraine vs Azerbaijan March 22 (Roster Confirmed)

Butsenko vs Germakhanov - 50/50 Should be a close, fast paced, highly skilled fight. Likely to be the most competitive and entertaining two way fight.

Berinchyk vs Tojibaev - 60/40 Denis. Should be a difficult fight for him. Tojibaev has a size advantage, is athletic with quick hands and feet and has an ambush type style using very good movement and footwork on the outside then jumping in with aggressive hard combos.

Mytrofanov vs Musalov - Dmytro. Musalov made Russo's style look beautiful last season as he would lead with his head, force himself on your chest then maul you with single shots, occasionally using legit Greco Roman Wrestling takedowns to throw you to the canvas. He literally did more wrestling than boxing and was a ****ing disgrace. This season he isnt as bad and seems to be trying to box more but is too limited for Dmytro. Mytrofanov's good defense and headmovement along with his terrific combinations will be too much, question is how ****ing ugly will Musalov make it.

Gvozdyk vs Cheles - Gvozdyk injured his arm in his last fight against Sabacius and i was worried he may miss playoffs, fortunately it wasnt serious. Cheles is a southpaw who slaps a bit with his punches and keeps his hands down relying on reflexes so his defense looks pretty open. Gvozdyk should win this and he may put a bit of a hurt on him.

Rudenkiy vs Medzhidov - Disappointed we don't get to see Usyk vs Medzhidov but since we get Vasyl vs Selimov i won't complain. Rudenkiy hasn't fought in WSB yet but won Ukrainian Nationals in 2012 beating Arkhypenko. They're quite similar and Arkhypenko gave Hrgovic a good fight but is 0-3 (should be 1-2 with losses to Hrgovic and Russo) due to being undersized at 6'0 200-210lbs. Rudenkiy is 6'0 southpaw but a little stronger/heavier with fast hands, good combos and pretty skilled. Should be competitive and he may even give Medzhidov trouble in spots and have some moments but i cant see him winning this.
Some added notes, Germakhanov was the WSB BW Champion and Tojibaev is more than 3 inches taller than Berinchyk, both
will be very difficult fights and Usyk, well damn.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #852
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

5.5 hours, yes?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #853
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Yes

Though Ukrainian WSB matches are always preceeded by at least 30min of rigorous dancing. First fight will probably start about 6.30 GMT/1.30 EST
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #854
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Yes

Though Ukrainian WSB matches are always preceeded by at least 30min of rigorous dancing.

Quote:
First fight will probably start about 6.30 GMT/1.30 EST

Actually, we've been into Daylight Savings Time here in the US for near a fortnight - so the difference between our time zones is currently 4 hours instead of the usual 5. 6:30pm GMT is currently 2:30pm EST.

You lot don't start your version of "summer time" for another week or so, is it?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #855
Ponysmallhorse
Small but proud
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1419

Quote:
Yes

Though Ukrainian WSB matches are always preceeded by at least 30min of rigorous dancing.
so true
Ponysmallhorse is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum