Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #1441
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: WSB (World Series of Boxing) - Season 3 ***PLAYOFFS***

Just after catching up on the fights. This Modugno had a fairly decent record, 12-0 as a pro with a few decentish wins over well known journeyman and a solid record in the WSB, including a stoppage win over a guy I rate fairly highly in Sean Turner. A big lump at 270 and 6''6 to boot. And Usyk just walked through with ease. Serious prospect he is, never been less than impressed with him, and im looking forward to seeing him turn pro.

Quick question though, what does he usually weigh in the WSB. I know he fights at 200 pounds as an amateur, but I assume he gains a few pounds to mix it at super-heavyweight. He's obviously not the biggest of lads but he's a very mobile and quick handed heavyweight, which you don't see a lot of.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #1442
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

LHW Sep vs Munoz

Rd 1 - Munoz has no idea how to deal with Sep's sheer aggression and relentless pressure, hes forced to fight inside and Sep gets the better of it by a bit.

Rd 2 - Munoz gives up trying to retreat and maintain range deciding to fight on the inside and Sep gets the better of it even wider than the 1st.

Two judges have it 19-19 and one 20-18 for Munoz. Mexico in full robbery mode tonight.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #1443
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Rd 3 Sep wins two of the judges give it to him and the 3rd ****sucker now has a score of 30-27 for Munoz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
Just after catching up on the fights. This Modugno had a fairly decent record, 12-0 as a pro with a few decentish wins over well known journeyman and a solid record in the WSB, including a stoppage win over a guy I rate fairly highly in Sean Turner. A big lump at 270 and 6''6 to boot. And Usyk just walked through with ease. Serious prospect he is, never been less than impressed with him, and im looking forward to seeing him turn pro.

Quick question though, what does he usually weigh in the WSB. I know he fights at 200 pounds as an amateur, but I assume he gains a few pounds to mix it at super-heavyweight. He's obviously not the biggest of lads but he's a very mobile and quick handed heavyweight, which you don't see a lot of.
6'3 and hes been weighing 209, 210. Same size as Haye.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #1444
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
6'3 and hes been weighing 209, 210. Same size as Haye.
I was thinking he couldnt have been that big. Well able to put guys away though. It'll be interesting seeing him against the giants of the division
Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #1445
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Camera keeps going to some girl who i assume is Munoz's Sister/GF/Wife and her face says it all.

Sep wins by split decision, two of the judges had it 4-1 Sep which is legit the other moron had it 48-47 Munoz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
I was thinking he couldnt have been that big. Well able to put guys away though. It'll be interesting seeing him against the giants of the division
Fa is pretty good and 6'6 250lbs, Joyce very good and 6'6 235lbs, Medzhidov obviously and he had no problem with them. Looks like he has a perfect style and skill set to fight as a "classical" sized HW against giants.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #1446
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Girls dancing in the ring and the ****ing camera didnt show any of it except for camera shots that look like they were taken from a construction site 4 blocks away or some shit.

Last fight and deciding fight of the night although Kazakhstan should have won the MW bout and been up 3-1 instead of 2-2 at this point.

Hrgovic vs Bisbal
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #1447
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

I am sure all the Flomo's will love Usyk when he turns pro. He has everything they demand and respect in a fighter; WELL, almost everything...
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #1448
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Willis View Post
I am sure all the Flomo's will love Usyk when he turns pro. He has everything they demand and respect in a fighter; WELL, almost everything...
I don't get it? Usyk couldn't be any less like Floyd in terms of fighting style. Usyk moves and slips shots to counter while using a high guard and head movement, Mayweather is stationary and rolls his shoulders to counter. Usyk parries punches a lot more as well.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #1449
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Hrgovic vs Bisbal

Rd 1 - Pretty competitive Hrgovic is landing a little more often but Bisbal is troubling him a little with his in and out movement.

Rd 2 - Hrgovic more often and hurts Bisbal pretty bad, its all his way and he hurts him slightly towards the end of the round too

Rd 3 - Bisbal doesn't look 100% recovered and Hrgovic is stunning him with power shots throughout

Rd 4 - Both guys tired but still throwing. Kinda forget what happened much in this round

Rd 5 - Hrgovic is gassed and Bisbal looks to have a second wind and is winning the first half of the round until Hrgovic hurts him again and takes control for the second half of the round

Two judges have it 49-46 and one judges 49-45 for Hrgovic after scoring round three 10-8 for Hrgovic

Quote:
I don't get that either. Usyk doesn't beat women, go to jail and isn't a materialistic shallow moron. Their in ring styles dont share much similarity either although i suppose Usyk could be classified as "slick".
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #1450
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Hrgovic vs Bisbal

Rd 1 - Pretty competitive Hrgovic is landing a little more often but Bisbal is troubling him a little with his in and out movement.

Rd 2 - Hrgovic more often and hurts Bisbal pretty bad, its all his way and he hurts him slightly towards the end of the round too

Rd 3 - Bisbal doesn't look 100% recovered and Hrgovic is stunning him with power shots throughout

Rd 4 - Both guys tired but still throwing. Kinda forget what happened much in this round

Rd 5 - Hrgovic is gassed and Bisbal looks to have a second wind and is winning the first half of the round until Hrgovic hurts him again and takes control for the second half of the round

Two judges have it 49-46 and one judges 49-45 for Hrgovic after scoring round three 10-8 for Hrgovic

I don't get that either. Usyk doesn't beat women, go to jail and isn't a materialistic shallow moron. Their in ring styles dont share much similarity either although i suppose Usyk could be classified as "slick".
Usyk is slick and white. Flomo's love one but the other, NOT SO MUCH!
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #1451
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Usyk is slick and white. Flomo's love one but the other, NOT SO MUCH!
Ah i see. Didnt make sense to me because most Flomo's seem to value the outside the ring stupidity just as much if not more so than the in the ring qualities.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #1452
BuriK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

very disappointed in berynchiks performance to be fair, 1st round he though he could just walk through the guys punches and make him tired, but he paid for it big time i reckon as he didnt expect to lose the 1st round!!! Usyk looked incredible again... think it will be 4-1 to ukrainians in ukraine and it will go down to the tiebreaker!!!! commentator was on some dickriding shit, had to turn off his biased ass as he kept pissing me off!!!!
BuriK is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #1453
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuriK View Post
very disappointed in berynchiks performance to be fair, 1st round he though he could just walk through the guys punches and make him tired, but he paid for it big time i reckon as he didnt expect to lose the 1st round!!! Usyk looked incredible again... think it will be 4-1 to ukrainians in ukraine and it will go down to the tiebreaker!!!! commentator was on some dickriding shit, had to turn off his biased ass as he kept pissing me off!!!!
I thought Berinchyk looked better when he used his boxing skills a bit more, in the 1st round he was too reckless. He needs to use his aggression at the right times. I thought he won the fight 4 rounds to 1 on my first viewing, He landed more punches in the 5th but he was very tired and Stankovic had better body language so I think that swayed the judges decision.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #1454
BuriK
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i agree when he boxed in the 2nd and 3rd he clearly won them, in the 1st he was far too reckless and left himself open!!! it depends on who you gave the 4th to in my opinion, but as a home fighter im not surprised close rounds given to stankovic, if it was in ukraine berynchik would of won that fight lol!!!!
BuriK is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #1455
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Had it 3-2 to Brahmovic in the end, I thought he just outfought berinchyk, unbelievable performance from him, threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Ukrainian.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum