Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #16
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

You would think a lot of corporates and high flyers would be stiffing around for tickets and hospitality packages. How are the promoters going to look after these vip's on the night ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #17
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 346
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Your hero Mundine ducked Austin Trout to fight McKart

Fighting Trout could have led to a fight with Cotto - as Trout proved.

Fighting McKart in the US sold 280 tickets.

But alas, Mundine ducked Trout
We are talking ticket sales, not Trout v Mundine, and you wont find me having an argument with you about the dealings with Trout. I am dissapointed he didnt go through with it and even more so with his excuses as why he didnt fight Trout. Personally i dont feel he even wanted to fight Trout. Whats your point in ref to the ticket sales and whats it got to do with Trout you moron?

Now back to ticket Sales, can you explain why on earth people would not attend Khan vs Garcia and instead go Watch the Unknown Mundine fight which was held on the same night, after all you seem to know it all but leave out the vital FACTS!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #18
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
We are talking ticket sales, not Trout v Mundine, and you wont find me having an argument with you about the dealings with Trout. I am dissapointed he didnt go through with it and even more so with his excuses as why he didnt fight Trout. Personally i dont feel he even wanted to fight Trout. Whats your point in ref to the ticket sales and whats it got to do with Trout you moron?

Now back to ticket Sales, can you explain why on earth people would not attend Khan vs Garcia and instead go Watch the Unknown Mundine fight which was held on the same night, after all you seem to know it all but leave out the vital FACTS!
We are talking Geale and Mundine and their ability to sell tickets. Mundine's last fight he sold 280 tickets. I bet Geale vs Sturm sold more tickets than that

Funny how you readily admit Anthony Mundine ducked Trout, but have gone from calling Mundine nothing more than a shit stain to supporting him again
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #19
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
For many years huge. No argument there. But in recent times it has fallen alarmingly, and it's a large part of the reason he went to the States.

This fight with Daniel Geale was Mundine's only viable option after the spectacular failure of the McKart fight in the US.

There will be more people at the Sydney Entertainment in January hoping to see Mundine lose than win.
No shit sherlock or shld i say Spider.............. Whenever has that been different over the last 10yrs
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #20
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
No shit sherlock or shld i say Spider.............. Whenever has that been different over the last 10yrs
True. But this fight will be the handing of the baton.

Mundine loses and retires - what other realistic choice will he have? Geale gets some of the acclaim he rightly deserves. Picks up a pile of new supporters, and continues challenging much stiffer opposition for more titles.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #21
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,760
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
We are talking ticket sales, not Trout v Mundine, and you wont find me having an argument with you about the dealings with Trout. I am dissapointed he didnt go through with it and even more so with his excuses as why he didnt fight Trout. Personally i dont feel he even wanted to fight Trout. Whats your point in ref to the ticket sales and whats it got to do with Trout you moron?

Now back to ticket Sales, can you explain why on earth people would not attend Khan vs Garcia and instead go Watch the Unknown Mundine fight which was held on the same night, after all you seem to know it all but leave out the vital FACTS!
no shit sherlock!!

and considering that there would be thousands that could have gone, i'd say they just didn't give a **** that mundine was on, that's why they didn't go.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #22
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,760
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

this thing of people going to see bumdine getting ko'd has mostly well and truelly passed i believe.

people still want to see it, but i reckon the numbers that used to go just to see him ko'd, has shrunk heaps.

people just don't give a **** anymore.

i don't know anyone who has watched one of anthony's fights for many years.

especially when there r now some super $29 cards featuring proper world champs, sometimes a few on the same card.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #23
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 2,616
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
True. But this fight will be the handing of the baton.

Mundine loses and retires - what other realistic choice will he have? Geale gets some of the acclaim he rightly deserves. Picks up a pile of new supporters, and continues challenging much stiffer opposition for more titles.
Agree.
one in a million is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #24
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

C'mon guys what can the corporates expect on the night ? Their screaming out for some info so they can organise their big night at the fights. What sort of packages are available ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #25
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,205
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Your hero Mundine ducked Austin Trout to fight McKart

Fighting Trout could have led to a fight with Cotto - as Trout proved.

Fighting McKart in the US sold 280 tickets.

But alas, Mundine ducked Trout
Trust me 280 tickets were given away! I had friends who were given ten tickets.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #26
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,760
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
C'mon guys what can the corporates expect on the night ? Their screaming out for some info so they can organise their big night at the fights. What sort of packages are available ?
do they need someone to hold their hand too?

corporates?

you'd think they'd be clever enough to contact the joint that sells the tickets.

common sense yeah?
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #27
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
do they need someone to hold their hand too?

corporates?

you'd think they'd be clever enough to contact the joint that sells the tickets.

common sense yeah?
C'mon do you think Stallone is ordering his ringside tickets off ticketmaster in the States when he see's fights in Vegas for example.

Who the **** is taking care of the big wigs for this fight card ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #28
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 346
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
We are talking Geale and Mundine and their ability to sell tickets. Mundine's last fight he sold 280 tickets. I bet Geale vs Sturm sold more tickets than that

Funny how you readily admit Anthony Mundine ducked Trout, but have gone from calling Mundine nothing more than a shit stain to supporting him again
Geale cant even make money in his state of Tasmania and your trying to compare Mundine vs Geale in ability to sell tickets just from one show Mundine put on in USA.. everyone knows Mundine is the PPV King. Geale can only hope to be like Mundine someday in terms of PPV sales and that is FACT.

As for Trout, so what? if white is white ill say its white, you want me to butter it up , polish a turd and tell you its still not a turd? I speak my mind which is more than i can say for an ass licker like you.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #29
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
Trust me 280 tickets were given away! I had friends who were given ten tickets.
The tickets given away totaled in the high hundreds. The paying customers, all 280 of them, were the minority in the crowd by a long, long way.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #30
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Geale cant even make money in his state of Tasmania and your trying to compare Mundine vs Geale in ability to sell tickets just from one show Mundine put on in USA.. everyone knows Mundine is the PPV King. Geale can only hope to be like Mundine someday in terms of PPV sales and that is FACT.

As for Trout, so what? if white is white ill say its white, you want me to butter it up , polish a turd and tell you its still not a turd? I speak my mind which is more than i can say for an ass licker like you.
Anthony Mundine was the PPV king by a long way, but those days are well and truly over. That's why he headed to the States, and we all saw how well that little venture went

Mundine ducked Austin Trout pure and simple, and it cost him the chance to go on and fight Cotto. Ducked him. End of story

Mundine was lucky he was able to secure the Geale fight because he had nothing else. The Yanks wouldn't have been interested in him again. Not that they were the first time
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013