Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #31
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,146
vCash: 346
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Ok Captian obvious, what exactly is your point?

And it was Geale who was lucky, as already pointed out his only other two options were to fight Soliman which makes him fark all money or to fight GGG which is a huge risk with little reward as Geale has already stated.

Mundine went to USA to get his PPV numbers back up in AUS in an attempt to try and fool everyone into thinking Mayweather and Co were ducking him, his PPV numbers declined because everyone was sick of watching him fight taxi drivers they knew Mundine could defeat.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2012, 05:39 AM   #32
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

Mundine went to USA to get his PPV numbers back up in AUS in an attempt to try and fool everyone into thinking Mayweather and Co were ducking him, his PPV numbers declined because everyone was sick of watching him fight taxi drivers they knew Mundine could defeat.
You've just supported exactly what I've been saying

>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
For many years huge. No argument there. But in recent times it has fallen alarmingly, and it's a large part of the reason he went to the States.
Glad you agree
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #33
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,146
vCash: 346
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

I said the same thing ages ago, where the fark have you been? living in a cave or something hahaha
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #34
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
I said the same thing ages ago, where the fark have you been? living in a cave or something hahaha
We agree that Mundine went overseas because his sales of PPV sales here had dropped alarmingly. End of story.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #35
kingkam
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: qld
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
C'mon do you think Stallone is ordering his ringside tickets off ticketmaster in the States when he see's fights in Vegas for example.

Who the **** is taking care of the big wigs for this fight card ?
If you were meant to know,you would,and who gives a ****.take care of the fans that get off there arse and make the effort to be there.
kingkam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #36
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anyone got a tissue? mum-Danny Green
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 75
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Hate to agree with Ty but why do you think Danny Green made fake charity offers to smoke Mundine out of his hole and bogus challenges from Shumenov not to mention coming out of a retirement no amount of money would make him come out of? Mundine is still a draw to the casuals who make up the majority of PPV customers.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #37
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anyone got a tissue? mum-Danny Green
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 75
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
We agree that Mundine went overseas because his sales of PPV sales here had dropped alarmingly. End of story.
But he still averages 7000 PPV's which is more than Geale.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #38
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 10151
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
But he still averages 7000 PPV's which is more than Geale.
I heard that Geale only managed just over 3000 PPV's for the Sturm fight but the fact it was on so early in the morning wouldn't of helped.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #39
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,796
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Ok Captian obvious, what exactly is your point?

And it was Geale who was lucky, as already pointed out his only other two options were to fight Soliman which makes him fark all money or to fight GGG which is a huge risk with little reward as Geale has already stated.

Mundine went to USA to get his PPV numbers back up in AUS in an attempt to try and fool everyone into thinking Mayweather and Co were ducking him, his PPV numbers declined because everyone was sick of watching him fight taxi drivers they knew Mundine could defeat.

only 2 options?

after one of those choices, geale has many options, mundine had either fight green again or he had no other options. and the green rematch is zero chance of happening anyway.

and as for solimon, if he wins vs sturm, he will still have to fight him anyway. same difference.

geale could get on a big card anywhere. bumdine cannot.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #40
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anyone got a tissue? mum-Danny Green
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 75
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
I heard that Geale only managed just over 3000 PPV's for the Sturm fight but the fact it was on so early in the morning wouldn't of helped.
True but even his other fights at reasonable hours don't rate as well unfortunately. Thats from what I have read.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #41
cobba
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 220
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Assume when Geale fought Sturm he only got Aus PPV, but as champ I am sure he'd command a lions share of the German slice too so its not all bad for Geale.
cobba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #42
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkam View Post
If you were meant to know,you would,and who gives a ****.take care of the fans that get off there arse and make the effort to be there.
Well if that's your attitude to the corporates who are keeping these sort of promotions afloat due to their patronage then it's no surprise that boxing in this country is a ghost town.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #43
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Well if that's your attitude to the corporates who are keeping these sort of promotions afloat due to their patronage then it's no surprise that boxing in this country is a ghost town.
yeah. and the menu is important.....whats on it angelo?
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #44
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,796
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Their screaming out for some info...then it's no surprise that boxing in this country is a ghost town?
what a drama queen.

so the corporates search through internet forums to get info from deadshits like u do they?
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #45
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale tickets selling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
what a drama queen.

so the corporates search through internet forums to get info from deadshits like u do they?
They have a belly laugh at drongo's like you Buster.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013