Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2008, 02:22 AM   #16
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Brit fighter that wont make it big in 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator
Im in agreement with you Dunky.

I've thought for quite some time now that B-Hop will manage to grind out a win against JC but I've never really had the bottle to say it on a british forum lol.
Hey! We don't bite....
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 02:22 AM   #17
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Hi Dunky, how are you mate?

Yep I did, Wright was a ATG (IMHO) 154lb fighter but I wasn't impressed with what Hopkins did with him at 175. Over the last 4 or 5 years the only perfomance thats made me look twice was the Tarver win, although I thought he was unlucky against Taylor.
You werent impressed with Hopkins performance against Winky? Im suprised. Only cos I was impressed. However, you know I respect you as a poster & value your opinion Gaz, so your post has been taken aboard. We will see who is right on the night
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #18
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Cheers Dunky, maybe I'm being a little harsh but I feel that Wright was over the hill and nearly 2 stone over his best fighting weight for that fight, Andy Lees management seem to agree with me though....;O)

Last edited by JETSKI; 02-03-2007 at 12:26 PM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #19
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator
Im in agreement with you Dunky.

I've thought for quite some time now that B-Hop will manage to grind out a win against JC but I've never really had the bottle to say it on a british forum lol. Hopkins as you say is a nightmare to fight and he knows all the tricks in the book, he has an uncanny knack of being able to nick rounds with his akward, ugly style and I reckon even though he is not getting any younger he has looked a far better boxer since moving up in weight.
Thats good to know kerrminator my no1 forum pal always a pleasure to hear frommy oldest & bestest ally. I have been kind of the same to be honest! But as some of the punks on the thread couldnt get in there quick enough to do some hating on AAA & Scotty,I thought "**** it, time to post my honest feelings on this Calzaghe fight"

Cos its been on my mind for a while, but I thought if I came in & picked BHOP, everyone would just think I was shit-stirring. Thats how out of control the Calzaghe hype has got, hes kinda replaced Hatton as the darling of the british fight fans since Hatton lost. They need a new hero, & Calzaghe fits the bill. Funny how our fighters are never 'darlings' of the UK. eh mate?
Calzaghe though at least can back it up. Hes a class act. HOWEVER, as you say Hopkins wins ugly, but hes turned winning ugly into an artform
& I should know, as Im a big fan! But dont tell anyone here, they like to think Im an ignorant jock who doesnt watch anything but Scotty & Arthur fights
Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 AM   #20
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

How the hell has Dunky turned the Calzaghe-Hopkins fight, a Welshman versus a Yank, into a "Everyone hates me 'cos I'm Scottish' issue???
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:43 AM   #21
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Cheers Dunky, maybe I'm being a little harsh but I feel that Wright was over the hill and nearly 2 stone over his best fighting weight for that fight, Andy Lees management seem to agree with me though....;O)
Not at all. You know your boxing mate, & thats that. Maybe I look on Hopkins wins with rose tinted spectacles as I have always loved watching him, hes so old school that I almost feel Im watching a past great fighting, hes one of the fighters I would love to meet, just to tell him how great he was!
So there is an element of favouritism in my original post
Old 02-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #22
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
How the hell has Dunky turned the Calzaghe-Hopkins fight, a Welshman versus a Yank, into a "Everyone hates me 'cos I'm Scottish' issue???
aah, so thats how you repay a compliment is it gaz?

I got your card marked pal
Old 02-08-2008, 02:47 AM   #23
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Not at all. You know your boxing mate, & thats that. Maybe I look on Hopkins wins with rose tinted spectacles as I have always loved watching him, hes so old school that I almost feel Im watching a past great fighting, hes one of the fighters I would love to meet, just to tell him how great he was!
So there is an element of favouritism in my original post
I know what you mean, like Toney used to be. As you know Hopkins was at the Hatton-Mayweather weigh-in, he really played up to the crowd. Pure pantomime. Funny as ****!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 AM   #24
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
aah, so thats how you repay a compliment is it gaz?

I got your card marked pal
Just kiddin' mate...
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 03:03 AM   #25
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Just kiddin' mate...
No worries GazOC. If yer wondering why I had a wee conversation with Kerrminator like that(you probably wont be but I will tell you anyway ) its because hes one of my oldest & dearest allies, him & I defended Scotty resolutely on assorted forums & we copped some serious abuse. So hes an old pal, & thats why I got my wee dig in about us jocks never being flavour of the month!
Its funny how times change though, & absence makes the heart grow fonder. I almost cant believe my eyes when so many come in with nice things to say about Scotty now, just cos hes been away so long they have forgotten how much they hated him in the first place! Now Arthur is the new whipping boy, & as a vet on here, I watch & take it all in. & I reach certain conclusions. You know me, my cynical mind is always working overtime!

Anyway, thats neither here nor there, but you were in the right place at the right time to cop a heartfelt Dunky post. Its your own fault for indulging me! Anyway, I wont bother you anymore. Enjoy the rest of your mornings posting my good man.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #26
johnny5
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1238

Arthur and maybe Witter
johnny5 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #27
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Dunky, kerrminator... What chance do you think there is of Enzo Calzaghe's three best boxers [Rees being the third] all having loses on their record by the end of April?
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #28
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I quite fancy Enzo to beat Haye, Rees is on borrowed time but I think JC will beat Hopkins pretty convincingly.

I'll give you 5/1 if you fancy a flutter...
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #29
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

It's an interesting proposition but I'll never back against Joe Calzaghe, it goes against all I've ever stood for! I don't buy into the Enzo Calzaghe is a genious notion though. Rees is unproven yet undefeated and Enzo (Mac) hasn't lost since relevance came into it.

I think a lot of people would take 5/1 though
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #30
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I figure Rees will probably lose, Enzo has a decent chance against Haye and JC will def. beat Hopkins. So 5/1 is a fair bet I reckon, I only need one win out of the two and maybe Rees will get lucky?
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum