Old 12-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #46
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
To fight at 154 with fighters near there peak or genuine contenders is not beyond the call of duty PK, for someone of Mayweathers skill set it makes it a viable challenge fighting at that weight?
Floyd Mayweather is a 147 fighter, who has fought at 154! Why didn't Manny Pac get pressured into fighting fighters who where actually healthy, and comfortable at the weight. Also why didn't Manny Pac have to fight guys at 154! Why Floyd..? You want to know why..?

Because he is too good, Floyd Mayweather is too good. He's closer to 40 years of age now, than he is 30 years of age! and he is still too good. And deep down all you ****witts know..? The only way he is beaten is, if he faces a fighter who out weighs him, and the strength disadvantage is too much! Or if he slows down due to father time.

Thats it! and all you ****ing haters know this.

If every fighter was critical analysed like Floyd Mayweather is.

None of you people would be wanking over Carl Froch..? I want to see Carl Froch fight afew guys at CW, before you call him a warrior.

David Haye is British toughest, bravest fighter! Fighting guys out weighing him by 3 stone on average! Moving up to the heaviest hitting division, even though he had a shakey chin at CW.

But anyway back on topic...

Deal with it guys, Floyd Mayweather is too good. He is in a lose/lose situation no matter who he fights. Manny Pac was always a easy fight, Mayweather would of probably knocked him out within 2 rounds! Considering how ****ing retarded Manny Pac fights! Without his bionic speed/stamina/power that mysteriously disappeared!

Afew fighters would beat him bad!
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #47
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheSlave View Post
Absolute bollocks.

Canelo, Martinez, Kirkland, Pacman and even Bradley stand out far more then this.

The only relevant win he has is over Berto, who was coming off a loss to the distinctly average Ortiz.

This is just like the 2007-08 period where Mayweather avoided the big men (Mosely, Cotto, Margarito) to fight midgets coming up in weight (Hatton, Marquez).
Kirkland? James ****ing Kirkland? He hasn't done anything to put him in the picture for a fight like this. Bombing out outmatched opposition, getting sparked by a gangly Jap and coming through a rough and tumble affair with Angulo do not make you a worthy opponent for a fighter like Mayweather. It's about more than muscles, power and the ability to do a scary stare down.

I'm not sure the Martinez suggestion is even serious, its not even worth elaborating on why thats a terrible suggestion.

As PK is hinting, there is no obligation for Mayweather to go to 154 (much less 160), financially or for sporting reasons while there are decent opponents at this weight. It's exciting for us fans to consider the Alvarez fight etc, and I do think they should be in the mix, but Mayweather may feel he's putting himself in an unnecessary position giving away size, strength and probably power when he's approaching his mid 30's when there are perfectly credible opposition at his own weight. Thats not cherrypicking or immoral in any sense, just pragmatic, and while there are a couple of decent fights to be made he doesn't deserve criticism for taking them. If you're saying that he does, you have to be careful you're not placing unrealistic and overly harsh expectations on one guy that I doubt you'd extend to other fighters.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #48
mithffg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
Call me crazy, but i think Alvarez would stand a very good chance of beating Mayweather.
He would be bigger and stronger than mayweather which is why will never see the fight.........unless he gets beat and then floyd feels a little more comfortable with the fight.
mithffg is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #49
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithffg View Post
He would be bigger and stronger than mayweather which is why will never see the fight.........unless he gets beat and then floyd feels a little more comfortable with the fight.
Oscar De La Hoya was bigger and stronger than Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya! was bigger and stronger than Alvarez.

Prick.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #50
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I don't think Alvarez would be a big underdog at this juncture, s&c. Looking at the way the odds have been going for his fights.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #51
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Floyd Mayweather is a 147 fighter!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #52
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Infact...

BillC4 do me a favour and **** off.

And too all the no marks, coming up in here stating that Mayweather has to fight guys at 154/160.........**** OFF.

This critical attitude towards Floyd Mayweather and his actions proves, that he is too good.

And the only way he is beaten, is that he fights guys that are just too simply! Too big for him.

Because of boxing skill alone, there's nobody fighting today! that is in his league.

Not even Bernard Hopkins.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #53
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Infact...

BillC4 do me a favour and **** off.

And too all the no marks, coming up in here stating that Mayweather has to fight guys at 154/160.........**** OFF.

This critical attitude towards Floyd Mayweather and his actions proves, that he is too good.

And the only way he is beaten, is that he fights guys that are just too simply! Too big for him.

Because of boxing skill alone, there's nobody fighting today! that is in his league.

Not even Bernard Hopkins.
Your missing the point completely PK, the point I am trying to make is at this present time, Floyd has a chance to be mentioned amongst the mame's of greats like Sugar Ray Robinson, Tommy Hearns, Roberto Duran, Tom Dallas, but at the moment, he does not take fights that are a genuine challenge to him this will hurt his legacy.

He could be a special fighter and thought of as one, sadly his record and more importantly the timing of his fights will always work against him.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #54
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Your missing the point completely PK, the point I am trying to make is at this present time, Floyd has a chance to be mentioned amongst the mame's of greats like Sugar Ray Robinson, Tommy Hearns, Roberto Duran, Tom Dallas, but at the moment, he does not take fights that are a genuine challenge to him this will hurt his legacy.

He could be a special fighter and thought of as one, sadly his record and more importantly the timing of his fights will always work against him.
He's fought at 154 before, and was given no credit.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #55
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
He beat Oscar I grant that and it is a good win, it was also good timing, same with Cotto at 154, Mayweather is a gifted fighter, I only wish he showed the same confidence in himself as some of his fans do for him.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #56
mithffg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Because he fought a welterweight
mithffg is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #57
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I don't think Alvarez would be a big underdog at this juncture, s&c. Looking at the way the odds have been going for his fights.
Hey, i'd be happy with something like 3 to 1. I think he beats him.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #58
boxfanlut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
Yep. That's what it is. And tbf there's not much out there at the moment. They must think Alvarez is not ready yet.
Ready for what? To beat floyd? So floyd is agreeing to wait for someone to beat him?

This fight could be floyd bitchsko moment, beating a younger hungrier fighter by a small margin that will look better in ten years time like Lewis victory
boxfanlut is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #59
boxfanlut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Oscar De La Hoya was bigger and stronger than Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya! was bigger and stronger than Alvarez.

Prick.
So was Chico
boxfanlut is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #60
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfanlut View Post
Ready for what? To beat floyd? So floyd is agreeing to wait for someone to beat him?
Get the heck outta here.

Nah, mate.

I'm talking about Golden Boy thinking he's not ready (which their matchmaking would indicate).That he's not enough of a PPV star yet in the US. A fight against Floyd would do good numbers at this stage, but not DLH ones, you get me?
slip&counter is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum