Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #61
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London U.K
Posts: 6,086
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

At 154 Alvarez is a problem for Floyd.

Floyd is a 147 fighter and at that weight for now don't see anyone beating him.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #62
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Floyd Mayweather is a 147 fighter!
Then why did he face Cotto @ 154?

What bugs me is that Floyd will go up and face Cotto but not Alvarez or allow Martinez to come down.

And people ALWAYS go on about how there's nobody "out there" for Mayweather. Pac, Alvarez and Martinez have not only been there forever but would face him when HE wanted a fight with them, but he waits for all of them to either fight or announce a fight and then he comes back.

Has he got amazing skills? Without doubt.
Has he got any bottle? Of course not.
Nipple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #63
MistarBombastic
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

this fight is completely ****ing bullshit who the **** is guerrero some bum from nowhere hes not even on floyds level he has no name no game, floyd is a great fighter but he needs to fight better competition like guys like sergio martinez or canelo or austin trout or pacquiao.
MistarBombastic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #64
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Then why did he face Cotto @ 154?

What bugs me is that Floyd will go up and face Cotto but not Alvarez or allow Martinez to come down.

And people ALWAYS go on about how there's nobody "out there" for Mayweather. Pac, Alvarez and Martinez have not only been there forever but would face him when HE wanted a fight with them, but he waits for all of them to either fight or announce a fight and then he comes back.

Has he got amazing skills? Without doubt.
Has he got any bottle? Of course not.
Because Miguel Cotto had the belt at 154, and Miguel Cotto wanted the fight at 154, it was his most comfortable weight.

How come Manny Pac never fought Miguel Cotto at 154, he wouldn't even face Miguel Cotto at 147.

Floyd Mayweather is a 147 pound fighter, and the fact of the matter is! There is nobody at 147 who can beat this old Floyd Mayweather.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #65
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 81
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Because Miguel Cotto had the belt at 154, and Miguel Cotto wanted the fight at 154, it was his most comfortable weight.

How come Manny Pac never fought Miguel Cotto at 154, he wouldn't even face Miguel Cotto at 147.

Floyd Mayweather is a 147 pound fighter, and the fact of the matter is! There is nobody at 147 who can beat this old Floyd Mayweather.
It is more than likely no-one beats him at 154 either if he is as good as spoken about?, only Floyd is not willing to test himself against them, unlike previous fighters before him.

He does not take risks.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #66
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Yeah, but Floyd has fought at 154 twice (that I can recall), so whether he is a 147 fighter or not, he can still make 154 and he still challenges the champ, correct? But when Martinez wants the fight @ 154, Floyd chooses to ignore it. Martinez is levels above Cotto in terms of achievements over the past few years.

Floyd knows that Martinez is too much of a dangerous fight for him. We all do.

Regardless of the weight, Pac left Cotto looking like he had been set upon by a group of thugs wielding baseball bats.

The 3 worst things...

1) Floyd getting these $20 million+ pay days. No way will he face a livewire when that kind of money is on the line.

2) Pac starching Hatton inside 2 rounds.

3) Martinez nearly killing Paul Williams. Floyd avoided that fight 4-5 years ago.
Nipple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #67
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In that 3 feet of stew again...
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfanlut View Post
So was Chico
Many people don't remember this and you guys are going to say I’m hating when I say this. But Floyd yanked Corrales chain back and forth and finally made the fight when Corrales had already planned to move up to 135, and was about to go to jail.

Now I give him full credit because fighters have to deal with problems and still perform and it was a great performance against a guy he had a massive stylistic advantage over, but that was just the opportunist pattern continuing in Floyd.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #68
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

OK fight, but I think Guerrero gets found wanting like Marquez.

Nice guy, but it all changes when they step in the ring with the great one.

Guerrero can bring it and he is a decent fighter, he can time his punches and he can box outside and pretty OK on the inside.

But if he thinks this is Andre Berto v2......he will be sadly mistaken. If he goes in trying to fight like that fight turned into, 99% inside, Mayweather will finish him.

Guerreros only hope is confusing Mayweather and switching up, both outside and inside, looking to land similar punches to what Mosley caught Mayweather with, and what Guerrero caught Berto with early in the fight. If he wants a chance, he has to fight the way he did in the first couple of rounds against Berto. He stunned Berto with good footwork, unpredictable punching, timing, and range.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #69
I TuCKeR 93 I
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
vCash: 1176
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Floyd mayweathers career has been wasted.
I TuCKeR 93 I is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #70
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
It is more than likely no-one beats him at 154 either if he is as good as spoken about?, only Floyd is not willing to test himself against them, unlike previous fighters before him.

He does not take risks.
He does not take risks..? Are you having at laugh..?

What weight class did Floyd Mayweather start off at..? 130, was moving up divisions not a risks..? was facing Oscar De La Hoya at 154 not a risk..? shut up, don't even answer my questions.

Floyd Mayweather is the best fighter at 147 and below, whoever he faces in these weight classes he is that far ahead of them! Nobody will ever give him credit.

I used to think Floyd Mayweather was a prick, when he used to say things like...

"Everybody in boxing is looking for a person to beat me"

Well he was telling the truth.

There's nobody at 140/147, Manny Pac has falling like a drunken retard..? awwwwwwww

So now people look to the higher divisions.

I personally think Floyd Mayweather will face Alvarez.

And people who say that Floyd Mayweather should let Martinez move down in weight why..?

So Floyd Mayweather can beat him up, and then all the haters make the weight drained excuses and discredit him.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #71
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

I think the ref will be very important in this fight.
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #72
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 81
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
He does not take risks..? Are you having at laugh..?

What weight class did Floyd Mayweather start off at..? 130, was moving up divisions not a risks..? was facing Oscar De La Hoya at 154 not a risk..? shut up, don't even answer my questions.

Floyd Mayweather is the best fighter at 147 and below, whoever he faces in these weight classes he is that far ahead of them! Nobody will ever give him credit.

I used to think Floyd Mayweather was a prick, when he used to say things like...

"Everybody in boxing is looking for a person to beat me"

Well he was telling the truth.

There's nobody at 140/147, Manny Pac has falling like a drunken retard..? awwwwwwww

So now people look to the higher divisions.

I personally think Floyd Mayweather will face Alvarez.

And people who say that Floyd Mayweather should let Martinez move down in weight why..?

So Floyd Mayweather can beat him up, and then all the haters make the weight drained excuses and discredit him.
Could his record have better names on it and at better stages of their career? Yes or No?

Does he compare to fighters of the past that had to fight their equal or search out new challengers?

Floyd is gifted as a fighter but he has to have things his own way.

He is like a child throwing out the toys of his pram if this don't happen.

It has to be about Floyd. What a cunt.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #73
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Could his record have better names on it and at better stages of their career? Yes or No?

Does he compare to fighters of the past that had to fight their equal or search out new challengers?

Floyd is gifted as a fighter but he has to have things his own way.

He is like a child throwing out the toys of his pram if this don't happen.

It has to be about Floyd. What a cunt.
Who are the better fighters than Oscar De La Hoya fighting still today..?

Who are the better fighters than Sugar Shane Mosley fighting still today..?

I wouldn't put Alvarez on the level of a prime Ricky Hatton, Alvarez is a newcomer fresh out of school. Floyd Mayweather fought Sugar Shane Mosley off one of his best career wins, i am not even sure whether Pacman fought Mosley at a catch weight.

Still i don't give a shit.

A drugged up Pacman..? You know quite well know, that if Floyd Mayweather would of abused Pacman nobody would of gave him credit.

Like said before man, do me a favour and **** off.

You are clearly a hater.

I am not even a big of Floyd Mayweather's, but he was right all along...

"Everybody in boxing is looking for a fighter to beat Floyd Mayweather"...

That's boxing, all roads lead to Floyd Mayweather.

He runs boxing, he dictates boxing, he is boxing.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:55 AM   #74
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 731
vCash: 1807
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

lol @ all the floyd haters in here...
RoughD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:05 AM   #75
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cymru
Posts: 14,467
vCash: 172
Default Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: Deal is Close to being Done

Ilesey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013