Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
Nelson143

vCash: 500
Default 1st time poster - 1 question

Hi Guys,

I'm going to keep this short...

I have been going to my local amateur boxing club 4 nights a week, for 10 weeks now. I have previous experience in Thai boxing at a basic recreational level, so i am not a complete beginner as such. However, i am going to be speaking to my coaches in the new year, when the gym opens, with a view to competing at amateur level for my gym, and taking it from there, hopefully building on that over the next few years.

My main question: How best can i use 5 mornings of my week before my 9 to 5 job?

I understand to get to the competitive level i'm aiming for, i need to develop, fitness, nutrition, and boxing skills.

Fitness and nutrition are the easier of the two. The area i need to work most on, is my boxing skills.

Is it best to get myself down to my gym studio each morning, which has a heavy bag and mirrors. I was thinking i can do several 3 min rounds of skipping, and several 3 min rounds of shadow boxing, before finishing off with stretching. This would be followed by boxing 4 nights a week at my local amateur gym in Leeds.

Any advice is appreciated.
Nelson143 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
123ko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: 1st time poster - 1 question

Don't do nothing with your morning ,enjoy a good nights sleep ,then go to work,,,,

back to the training,,your head is thinking clear learn to box before fitness ,,that good

step up the morning runs about 2 -3 months when your coach's say your ready for your first fight

get plenty of sparring to make it real ,, if you still like the training then go be champion of the world
123ko is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 1st time poster - 1 question

There's no need to train twice daily in your position. Maybe start in the future if you actually have to.
viru§™ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing